main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Anyone is gonna use anything at this point.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    What's most intriguing to me is that he's already promised a major star a role, which must mean he's got a story in mind. To be honest, I think his involvement will be similar to that of John Knoll on Rogue One (aside from VFX supervisor): coming up with the idea, getting a "story by" credit, and producing.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My bet is that Dave and Dan are gonna take the John Knoll route too at the end...Which is fine by me....Have them be glorfied producers.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. Joking about my suddenly bottomless depression aside, I won’t actually start judging this until I know who the director, DP, writer and lead conceptual designer is. If he makes good choices in those departments, and understands how different SW is from the MCU, he could end up producing a good film. Just keep the Marvel FX team far, far away from the production.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    My money is on Russo Brothers to direct!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Someone just please throw me into the garbage.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Either that or James Gunn....Personally I'm also bettong on Taika Waititi he's already doing the TV side of things so his day is probably coming...or who knows he picks some random person no one heard of.

Hopefully add some diversity too would be nice.

And I think Feige is smart enough to understand the difference between SW and the MCU.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, he's apparently already got an actor lined up.
    That's hard to say. Feige is a HUGE Star Wars fan, and this might be a gift from Disney for all of his success with Marvel. He might have been lobbying for it, and they finally agreed. Hard to say no to the guy after the success of Endgame.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It really weird me out people are so quick to judge when someone had a bad experience with one franchise and then when they go another ...Who knows they might have success.

Chris Terrio had success with Indi Movies like Argo and then BvS/Justice League was a disaster

Josh Whedon did the Avengers and then directed Justice League

Abrams Star Trek vs TFA (At least for most people ;p)

The quickness to judge is so annoying sometimes i feel. I mean i get it if they had a bad record all around, but this isn't one of those moments honestly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    You didn't like Infinity War and End Game? End Game is the highest grossing film off all time I loved both films! and Russo Brothers are huge Star Wars fans!

I really like Dave Filoni would love to see him direct a Live Action Star Wars film I think The Mandalorian will open peoples Eyes to his talents! Brad Bird Is a really fun Director he could be a good choice!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Endgame was definitly one of my favorite movies this year....I got the feels from it.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it's really really likely Feige would draw from the stable of people who have worked on the MCU already as writer/directors and probably a castmember from the MCU if he's already talked to them. No way this'll be all new folks.

Russos/Marcus/McFeely/Evans baby! Yah!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    He is a producer so he chooses the people to write and direct and is in on all phases of production, casting, editing etc. He doesn't do any one thing but oversees everything.

It'd be something else added to the schedule. I don't know about any two actual trilogies. At this point and as RJ himself has said they are figuring their schedule out so as of yet his movies (if they ever happen) are not scheduled.

The GOT duo are the 2022 movie as far as has been said.

I doubt it will ever be "cancelled" I just don't think it likely will ever happen. It'll either fade away or they'll turn around and he and the GOT guys will be combined in some way on those movies.

Not co-incidence I think that someone who actually worked with Lucas on Star Wars did the best Disney Star Wars movie by far.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I actually liked them OK for MCU films. Generally enjoyable. But to me, they don’t hold up well to even the worst of the SW films.

Let’s hope not. There are way more talented directors out there that would die for a shot at directing SW.

Fredrik Vallestrand and zackm like this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think you either really like Comic Book movies or you don't some people just don't like comic book movies. my mom and sisters hate comic book movies where as my nephews my dad and me love comic book movies I even like DC Cinematic universe I loved Aquaman and Wonder Woman and The Suicide Squad! I really want to see Joker that looks Art House drama!

cerealbox likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here's the real question, when is all this happening!

They wanna develop the next 5-10 years of Star Wars films

Ok so 3 years for DnD

3 Years for Johnson

That's six

A year apart...Or is there room for movies and will be doing a movie a year thing (And hopefully in december)

17. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Or you just...can like ones you think are good and dislike ones you think are bad like every other type of movie.

I'm going to guess, whatever happens with DnD and Johnson when it comes to scheduling, we're going to end up with Feige's first. With Solo, much as I love it, the series clearly took a hit when it comes to stuff outside the saga, with seemingly all the projects that would otherwise be films ending up on TV. I seem to recall a lot of articles around that time questioning if the franchise could survive outside of the saga. I think Disney will see Feige as their best bet of the three to re-establish that the franchise can stand on film beyond the Skywalkers post-IX before they move on to other projects.

Mostly Handless and DarthRosie like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Depends on the style. I loved The Dark Knight trilogy and Logan, and think Joker looks great.

19. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    OK, I knew he was involved with the MCU but not that he's a producer.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's what he does as the Head of Marvel Studios, he picks movies directors and writers as the Producer of the MCU...he does't directly make the stuff, he has final say but not the day to day running of the movie

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    So this is genuinely really exciting to me, for obvious reasons. I’m a big fan of the MCU, and even though I do think it frequently has a formulaic “sameness” problem, I think the average of good to bad movies is positive, and films like Infinity War and Endgame absolutely stand out amongst modern blockbusters as surprising and emotionally potent pieces of entertainment.

However, same as with Rian Johnson it Benioff & Weiss, it’s hard to get really excited until we get an idea of what the film is about, who’s going to be writing and directing. I really just want a clear idea of what to expect from these movies going forward, apart from Dec. 2022/2024/2026 release dates.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It is interesting that (At least at the start) Star Wars seems to market themselves or release info less about "A idea" and more about the person making said idea...it seems they go more for the individual more than the conceptual

23. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    What Feige has done with Marvel is nothing short of brilliant. I remember to before I'd seen an MCU movie; I couldn't get excited about Marvel's B-team. Hell, I stopped reading the Ultimate comic reboots when they did the Avengers/X-Men crossover. These characters were the B-team, completely in this era. Because that's the reason Marvel still had the licenses to the OG MCU Avenger's; they couldn't sell the rights for any appreciable sum. Then comes Iron Man, Thor, and all the rest, culminating and leading up to Avengers. Worldwide Phenomenon. Out of characters Marvel couldn't even sell when they were going hard into the red.

Fast forward and they are now the biggest stars of genre fiction, Bar None. And the stories were good and compelling. I now see every one of these on opening weekend with my kids. Even when they're not as good as expected, they're still good.

If this guy can take these characters to these heights, imagine what he can do with Star Wars. I have full confidence in this. This is the best Star Wars news since it was known Favreau and Filoni were working together on the Mandalorian.

Mostly Handless, KSennia and 2Cleva like this.
  24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Could the MCU actor be Sebastian Stan as young Luke?

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well this is surprising. As someone else mentioned this sounds like what we saw with John Knoll. Feige had an idea and went to Kennedy with it. Could this mean the Anthology series isn't as dead as we all thought? I'm excited!

Sorry @Bor Mullet I thought of you when I saw this and I hate to admit it but I laughed a little bit. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.