main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    So much for slowing down on Star Wars movies. I'm pretty sure if Kevin faige b movie becomes successful, we will maybe more movies from him.

I guess that Star Wars movies will come out every month in the very distant future.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So we have now 7 movies. Im no way we wait 10 years until Feige or Rians movies. I think during the 3 year break they'll plan how to scedule theese. I could see some 2 and 1 year apart how fast they'll get made. I just hope KK can rein til in og goes to cazy with his marvel formula.

3. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Kennedy would love for Star Wars to be a money machine like the MCU is. Fiege could do whatever he wanted if he could duplicate his results.

4. MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools

MarvelRulesStarWarsDrools I Am Chiznuk star 1

Mar 1, 2019
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm so utterly meh about this.
    I know he'll make a Billion dollar movie. I know it's a good financial decision. And it'll probably be a fine movie.

But meh.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Meanwhile, in @Bor Mullet's world...
    [​IMG]

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Get out. :p

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He can what ever he wants as long as he makes a star wars movie and not a marvel movie. Also star wars rools and Marvel drools.

guittarjedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    On balance I really dig what he's achieved with the MCU, few nitpicks here and there aside.

But not liking this, not at all. Especially given all his existing MCU duties, seems it might be spreading himself a little thin.

Might explain some of the Sony/Disney headbutting over Spiderman though, could explain why he's unable to continue devoting hands-on producer time in a personal time to the future MCU Spidey stuff (when it was still happening), he'd already pledged himself to this.

Ehh, whatever. I can take it or leave it. *Shrugs* Still, more anthology movies is always good news - so this'll be a separate thing to the Rian & Benioff/Weiss stuff?

Just hope he adapts stylistically to Lucasfilm and the way Kennedy does things. Those recent MCU movies are ugly as balls.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yes I’m sure she’s at home crying into the several billions of dollars resulting from the films she produced. Do you have any other lines or are the batteries on the way out and you’re stuck?

Excited for Feige. I just want to know what the damn schedule is.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Feige is 46, KK 66. I would not be surprissed if he is named her successor after this movie comes out.

black_saber, cerealbox and 2Cleva like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if he brings back legends elements from books and comics, since that what he did with Marvel. Mara Jade anyone[face_shame_on_you]
    I would love som Legends with his wether its in Skywalker saga timeline or beyond it.

13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Wow, that was a surprise.
    I’m all aboard this announcement and it is a great move as Lucasfilm looks to get away from the Skywalker Saga.

The article states one film, but if I was going to get Fiege involved with Star Wars it would be to develop a plan for a series of films set in the old Republic. There are a lot of available legends material and characters that he can cherrypick from.

I hope Jedi Council runs with this story today.

DarthRosie likes this.
  14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It would fall in line with KK saying they were planning the next SW saga that could spawn decades of content.

An entirely new SW, which seems to be what Disney wanted in the long-term.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I know you all want me to hyperventilate about this, as I admit that’s way funnier than me not hyperventilating about it, but unfortunately, I’m not. :)

It looks like he simply wants to do one Star Wars film, and then get back to Marvel, and that’s fine. Plus, without knowing who’s directing, writing and DPing this thing, I can’t make any judgment at all.

One thing that is most important to me though is that the design and VFX teams not be the Marvel people. That’s the worst thing about Marvel. The utterly horrible 90s TV-level look of those movies. Visuals are far, far more important to the Star Wars cinematic formula than they are to the MCU, and I hope Feige appreciates that.

zackm, Darth_Bertie and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    There are the TV series for the old school fans... But when it comes to cinematic releases the SW brand has to push in new directions, very good move to hire Feige.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Push in new directions by choosing the safest possible person in the world? Come on. In any event, he’s not helming Lucasfilm. All we know is that he had an idea for just one film, and will be producing one film.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

The GFFA has “over a thousand generations” worth of sandbox to play in. It’s time to stop shoehorning everything in/around the OT.

19. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Amen. We need coherent story with interesting and cool background. I hope someone like Feige would be able to pull it off.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, pretty much in line with Bor here. If it's a one-and-done, or a couple-and-done situation, very cool. Just keep the Russos the hell away, much as I love 'em, and we're good (I'd be all for Marcus & McFeely writing something Star Wars, though, those guys are the real MCU unsung heroes).

Just hoping this is a sort of "Marvel's my #1 concern going forward, I'll be there for another 10-15 years doing my MCU thing, but I have the time to do a one-off Star Wars anthology adventure" type of thing, and no more.

Kennedy'll be running the Star Wars thing for a while forward anyway, but Feige isn't the guy to replace her with once she retires. Go in-house Lucasfilm for that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. He’s the ultimate mediocre mainstream geek white dude non-filmmaker filmmaker choice. I don’t want a regular geek dude with a baseball cap making Star Wars films. Those are good people to hang out with, but not make good movies. I want weird people with crazy visions that make people a little uncomfortable. Lucas, Edwards, Johnson, Cuaron, Bigelow, Waititi, Villeneuve, Chazelle, etc. But it’s mostly a shruggable moment for me, and not much more. Who directs this thing will be far more important, I think. As well as the importance of this just being a one-and-done.

I mean, Feige can’t be directing this thing, can he?

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    But most of the MCU stories bear sweet FA resemblance to their comic book counterparts. In particular, Civil War, GotG, Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Endgame say hi.

BigAl6ft6 and Justin Gensel like this.
  23. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    He likely is considering his fanhood and Disney yet to set a future direction. And if you own a studio, a reliable blockbuster will win over a bunch of dice rolls everytime.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I’ve already heard unsubstantiated rumors he wants Karen Gillan in a Mara Jade film

KSennia likes this.
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    nah, it’s all him behind the wheel when it’s boiled down.

I’d bet this movie will be some sort of EU adaptation or a Doctor Aphra movie tied to Marvel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.