main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Reminiscences at a Pivotal Crossroad. S/U et al. WIP.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 15, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very eager to post this ;)

~

Nyota's family were coming to visit during the spring semester break, and I asked her if she would be introducing Mr. Carlisle to them. "I'll be introducing them to my closest friends, Sherralyn and Miranda," she replied, "If he's around at the time we're dining out or visiting the botanical gardens, I'll do so, but I won't be making a particular effort. No moreso than to any of my other friends. Why?"

I answered, "I thought you and he had a qualitatively different relationship."

Nyota flushed. "So did he, but I set him straight on that score, and we are able to remain friends."

I felt no small degree of relief at that revelation and wondered at the import. It takes a special type of person who can dash a gentleman's romantic hopes and still retain his friendship; Nyota was one such, I had to conclude.

It was one of those April evenings when a brief shower was falling, and Nyota was meeting friends at a coffeehouse for a book club gathering.

I offered her a lift, so she would not have to take a public conveyance and/or get soaked. Likely, by the time their evening wrapped up, the shower would be over.

She smiled gratefully as I paused to let her alight and as she reached to pick up her handbag, our hands brushed, with a resultant electric spark. Her eyes widened, and my pulse quickened. Our eyes locked in a breathless surmise.

Before I could second-guess my choice to do so, I leaned across and brushed her lips with mine, something I now realized I'd wanted to do for quite a while. Rather than pull back, she leaned into it, and with the contact, something blossomed and stirred between us, and I realized she too had been wanting this contact.

"Well," Nyota breathed as we parted, "Perhaps it is the two of us who are about to embark on a new level of relationship?"

I felt a sudden qualm. I had no right to put her in such a position, but as I gazed at her, I could see no regret in her expression, only a steadily growing gladness.

However, in the light of the next day, after a full night to contemplate the ramifications, would she feel any differently?

+++++++

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh!!!! It's the update we have all been waiting for, finally and at last! (And I owe you a thousand apologies for being tardy with the sneak peak - I thought that I had time to write back and then all of a sudden a week went by and now here we are. 8-} :oops::()

I bet you are relieved, Spock. [face_mischief]

I'm glad that that little bit of a potential hurdle was cleared up between them - and of course I had to smile for Spock's thoughts on Nyota's ability to remain friends even after turning Mr. Carlisle down. Our lady really is just that! Spock is completely smitten, even more so than I bet he realizes, the dear. [face_love]

IT'S HAPPENING, I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THE GOOD SHIP IS SAILING. [face_love] [face_dancing] :D

Everything about this was perfect - the setting and the softness of the rain and just how gentle their first kiss was. Gentle, but electric!

Spock has his worries - and there are definitely some twists to figure out in their path ahead, I foresee - but this is something special, for both of them. In time he won't have to worry at all. [face_love]

Thank you for this most wonderful update! I remain eager for more! [face_dancing] =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Absolutely adore writing the process of their relationship changing from friendship into something more, and doing so from his POV is just too scrumptious!

Mira_Jade likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    And his view is so very sweet. I adore his growing relation

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This was yummy to write. :)
    ~

The following morning, Nyota strolled in with an air of keen anticipation. Her eyes caught and held my gaze with a tender glow.

"I had thought that after a night's reflection you might find reason to regret my impetuosity," I remarked, with no small degree of wry amusement.

She laughed. "Not in the slightest. I do understand the need for discretion, naturally, but you have been the focus of romantic reveries for longer than I dare admit!"

We continued to work efficiently together, but there was an added undercurrent of exhilarated affection from Nyota; for my part, I experienced a sense of wholeness that I knew had been missing before.

A week later, I broached the subject of a formal 'date'. Nyota and I had shared meals with spontaneity before, especially when our discussions took longer than expected. However, with the change in our relationship, we agreed it was a good idea to 'test out' an actual romantically intended social engagement.

Nyota and I went to a seaside restaurant where a live band played. We danced to the songs they played, which featured a lively rhythm combined with a mellow alternating beat. The sun was setting as we strolled along the beach. Nyota happily related about summers spent at the ocean and how she enjoyed walking on the sand barefoot and building sand castles.

"One summer we went to a resort near where my grandparents lived, and I got to swim with the dolphins! It was an unforgettable experience!"

Captivated anew by the music of her voice and her expressive eyes, I drew her close for a long kiss. She melted into my embrace.

As we parted, I could not help but conclude that we had shared a most enjoyable evening.

++++++

Mira_Jade likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    together YES and a lovely evening

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Well, you already know how much I enjoyed this update! But I am all too happy to squee and gush over it again. [face_love] :D

I loved the opening to this update! Spock's concern was endearing to read, even as Nyota quickly set him to rights on the subject. This was as a long time coming for her as I was for him, which just makes it all the sweeter for them both!

But what I love best about their relationship as a whole is really in that bit I quoted - they just complete each other, in a professional sense as well, and their romantic relationship just adds that deeper edge to an already very complete and fulfilling bond. [face_love]

I loved the phrasing of this entire paragraph! It's just so IC for Spock, how it's almost how he's setting up to undertake a new experiment, but not. [face_laugh] [face_love]

Aw! Could there be a more perfect scene than this??? Ultimate first 'rea' date material, if I do say so myself. [face_love]

This remains one of my favourite stories of yours, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing, and keep up the wonderful work. [face_love]

[:D] =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As delightful as that was, this is also sweetness! :D

~

Nyota suggested that we go to an old-fashioned theme park one weekend afternoon.

One vendor featured earrings of a light turquoise. She tried them on, and I had to admit they suited her splendidly.

She bought a confection of spun sugar on a stick. It had a fluffy consistency, and she urged me to take a bite. It melted immediately. "Isn't it good?" she asked.

"I have a strong suspicion that you are asking that rhetorically," I responded, and she laughed.

We rode a Ferris wheel and as it soared to the apex of its arc, we enjoyed the panoramic view spread out below. Nyota leaned close and kissed me long and slow as the wheel started to descend. All in all, it was rather a unique, intriguing experience.

++++

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! What a sweet all around day this was to capture. I love how everyday and slice of life this was, all the while capturing a strong affection and burgeoning romance. Beautiful! [face_love] =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely with the spun sugar and fun in the ferris wheel

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Including the "I love you" prompt #100: I love you.
    Using Kisses 25 of 50: A kiss as a yes

Thanks to my betas for the green light since I adore this post for more than 1 reason :)

----------------------

As the months went by, I could not help but notice an empathic awareness and connection deepening between Nyota and I. It was not unpleasant or unwelcome, quite the reverse. I broached the subject with her, and she was aware of something as well.

"It's amazing and wonderful!" she exclaimed. "I confess I never thought anything like this would occur, but since it has, I'm absolutely happy about it."

Our thoughts and perceptions also started to mingle and slip into the other's; we engaged in brief mind melds. These were breathtakingly awe-inspiring, as we each discovered the panorama of the other's thoughts and feelings.

After one such memorable experience, Nyota spontaneously said, "I love you."

She grinned and added, "You don't have to say it back, you realize."

For reply, I kissed her softly, tenderly, and as it lengthened between us, it seemed to convey, Yes, I feel as you do.

++++

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    drawn in every way to each other, perfect

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks bunches to my betas for giving the green light on the grammar ;) as well as the mood. :) [face_sigh]
    ~

Nyota received an offer for an offworld internship to test-run the universal translator. I did not want to stand in the way of such a professional milestone, so I told her that if she wished to accept I would be willing to accede to this and provide a reference.

"I cannot deny it's a great honor, but I already declined. There will be time in my career for momentous and interesting assignments, probably beyond what I can imagine at the moment, and please think nothing of it. You're not a hindrance to anything." Her expression was tender.

I made as if to object, and she laughed lowly. "Shhh, you. What do I have to do to persuade you it's fine?"

I slipped an arm around her shoulders. "Between the two of us, I believe we can think of an effective means of persuasion."

+++

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    There are so many things I love about this update, I almost don't even know where to begin. [face_love]

First off, I love how Spock was willing to back away to allow Nyota the chance to further her own career. Her mind is something he respects and cherishes about her, and I love how her happiness is of paramount importance to him. I really appreciate how Nyota is canny enough to realize that she's going to have several such offers to choose from. Right now, finishing her education at the Academy, and exploring her bond with Spock - [face_love]! - are more important to her. Then of course we all know that she has the ultimate job offer coming up - and a chance to do so with Spock by her side. There's no contest for that. [face_mischief]

This was another fantastic update! Thanks for sharing. [face_love] =D= [:D]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Nyota and I went to a conference in New York. I made sure to book our stay in one of the best hotels.

I ordered her favorite chocolates as a surprise, and she was delighted to find them awaiting our arrival. The chocolates were the kind which contained caramel and cream, which I knew she favored.

"Thank you so much!" she exclaimed.

"You are most welcome," I replied.

After a meal by candelight, we strolled in the nearby park and then prepared for the next day's symposia by reviewing the listed agenda of topics.

Finally, Nyota could defer her longed-for indulgence no longer-- the whirlpool bath.

"They even provided fragrant bubble beads. Will you join me, my love?"

"It would please me to do so," I answered, and as we settled into the fragrant bubbles and relaxed in the foaming water, she sighed happily as I drew her close.

+++

[face_love]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great entries. Spock is giving her all she likes and she can follow her carreer

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: I got the go-ahead from my indispensable betas @};- ... It shows a very harrowing situation but our darlings come through it and draw closer.

Nyota and I had spent an enjoyable evening dining at one of her favorite restaurants, which specialized in Mediterranean cuisine. She had worn a dress of rich violet-purple. Her hairdo had been elaborate and very attractively curled in strategic waves to frame her face and fall about her shoulders.

Thus, when I went to answer a persistent door signal, I was surprised to find her standing on the threshold. What was even more disconcerting was that she was in complete disarray.

My heart quickened as I picked up her turbulent emotions and saw the haunted look in her expressive eyes. Tears shimmered in their depths.

"What happened?" I managed to get out.

"I ran into a thug!" She exclaimed. Her musical voice infused the adjective with venom. "It looks worse than it is." She assayed a faint smile. "Part of how I look is the result of the damage I inflicted."

"It is fortunate you were able to." I answered, gripping the door handle so tightly as I closed the door behind her that the mechanism gave under my strength. "Or I would be impelled to convey my displeasure in an indisputable, irrefutable fashion, should our paths ever connect."

I led her to a nearby chair, which was deep with extra cushions.

She sank into its depths gratefully.

I do not like to admit that I began to barrage her with questions: who it was, why and where she was accosted. I did not do this with the intent to accuse her of anything that might have been foolhardy or provocative; it was merely an attempt to focus on the tangible and pragmatic. My blood boiled at the thought of any one daring to defile the beauty and sanctity of my chosen one.

She glowered. "I feel like I'm being cross-examined." She finally said. She put a hand up to her forehead. "You're not helping, blast it! I feel a headache coming on."

"I apologize." I answered quickly, and held her gaze. I tried communicating something soothing across our connection, but it was still tangled and chaotic.

I brought her a cup of vanilla chai tea and held the mug for her as she sipped. Her shivers from the aftermath subsided, as I kept a firm hold of her. She sipped slowly, and smiled when she finished the last drop.

"Oh, that was just what I needed. Thank you." Nyota's eyes filled again, and her voice was a choked whisper. "I wasn't trying to push you away, darling. Not ever."

I squeezed her shoulders. Our bond was soft and open between us again.

She continued thoughtfully. "I don't think he'll bother me again. I think I made it clear I am more than a match for him. I'll definitely be vigilant from now on, when I pass that particular park."

"It must be reported to the authorities." I pointed out, gently.

Her gaze fell from mine. "He knows that. I think that'll keep him from bothering me, too."

Nyota leaned back and closed her eyes. Now that she had finished the drink, I was able to wrap her up completely. She snuggled closer and relaxed in my grasp.

She took a long bubble bath and then curled up in my bed wearing a pastel pajama set.

I slid in beside her and reached out a hand to caress her.

She grabbed my hand, and I thought she wanted to stop me.

"I want to tell you something, love." Nyota began.

"Please do."

"I know you would put a serious hurting on anyone who even thought about bringing me harm, and I would react likewise towards anyone who dared touch me in the way that only you are permitted. I want to thank you for loving me as you do."

I swept her into my embrace and kissed the visible signs of her earlier struggles, softly, tenderly.

/You are beautiful, Nyota. So ineffably beautiful./ I whispered across to her.

/Oh, you ... you speak as sweetly as Master Luke./ There was a laugh now in her mental tone.

Through my touch, my feelings toward and about her filled her until the memories from earlier had faded and dissipated.

She slept soundly. In the morning, when her eyes opened, they locked on mine with a look of such profound love that I knew that this event had drawn us closer.

"Hey, my love. I am ravenous. I have a craving for some sweet pastries, stuffed with custard."

I gave her a kiss and answered, "Now, I can truthfully tell your equanimity is restored."

She laughed. "Are you trying to tell me I'm a 'foodie?'"

"Yes. It is one of the things I noticed about you in our early acquaintance." I teased back.

We took our time getting ready and headed out to a breakfast shop famous for their pastries. We kept up our usual light repartee. We did not bring up the topic again of the prior evening's happenings, not out of avoidance, but merely held it in abeyance until such time as there was a need.

+++

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock sure is able to bring comfort and loving her more and more

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to applaud the fine work you did with this update, in particular! It's a tricky, fine line to walk when comforting a victim of any assault, and you handled both characters with deft aplomb. Of course Spock had to fight to keep his more protective instincts in check. It's who he is, and Nyota is his 'chosen one' - [face_love]!!! - he wants to provide and care for her, even when knowing she can clearly more than handle herself. His grasping onto the tangibility of facts and leading with questions was so in character too, as was Nyota getting overwhelmed and eventually snapping for him to back off. But they were able to meet in the middle as partners, and both seek and draw comfort from each other. What a beautiful moment detailing just how much their bond has grown!! I can't say how much I enjoyed and appreciated the deft, insightful writing in this update. [face_love]

And, I of course love that Spock called Nyota a 'foodie' - it's too true and endearing as all, besides! [face_laugh] [face_love]

Fantastic work with this update, as always! =D= [:D]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I exchange biweekly holocalls with T'Riana and Solin. They tell me when they are assigned to the science frigate Probe. I also comm my parents at the same time. It is during one of these exchanges that my mother noticed a lady's pumps near the door. (Nyota had left them there for convenience.)

Mother's eyes gleamed with interest, but she refrained from comment.

One of these calls occurred during the time I was in conference with Gavin Soames about a mysterious glitch in the Kobayashi Maru program that I had developed. Nyota took the call, as we had been grading extra-credit projects.

"Your Mom called. I introduced myself as your assistant, and she smiled and said 'I've heard a lot about you.'"

I replied, "Yes, I have had occasion to mention you now and again." I then returned the call.

"How was your talk with your mom, love?" Nyota asked the following morning when she came by for weekend brunch. "How are she and your father?"

"It was pleasant, and they are both in fine health. Interestingly, I noticed she cast several glances to the area near the door. I believe she caught sight of your silver-gray pumps."

"Did she ask whose they were?"

"No, but I think that she knows a lady was here."

Nyota blushed happily.

"She insisted I make formal introductions, and I promised to do so the first opportunity that arises."

Nyota said, "That is something I look forward to, for sure."

"I anticipate the day when you and they can finally meet. I am certain that they will be most pleased and in full agreement with my choice of you."

Our gazes held tenderly. "You are such a darling," Nyota whispered, "What do you think she concluded about my -- taste in footwear?"

"Doubtless that you have excellent taste," I replied.

She murmured between kisses, "In that, as in other, irresistible things."

+++

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah, I am so sorry that I was late on the sneak peak of this again, my friend! I had a trip swallow me, but I am here now and loving every word of this one! :D

What a familiar scenario from back in the day, firstly, revisited with such affection here! It brought such a smile on my face to see again - of Nyota and Amanda and that telling pair of shoes! Of course Amanda is as curious as Spock is confident that his parents will someday more than approve of his chosen one. [face_love]

Ha! Fact!!! [face_love] [face_love]

A most excellent update! I can't wait to read more. =D= [:D]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ny sure has taste, as does Amanda

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) Loving the mix of moods/tones in this one.
    ~

Nyota had made no secret of her desire to serve on the Enterprise, as it was the Fleet's flagship. I had no doubt she deserved such a posting, given her ability and competence. I was one of the panel tasked with final ship assignments, and I saw her name on the short list of those commanding officers sought to add to their contingents.

The captain of the Excalibur had requested her specifically, and I knew that her close friend, Ms. Walthrop, would also be on that ship's crew.

When I mentioned this to Nyota, she glared daggers at me and stood her ground.

"I have earned this, and besides, I want to be where you are."

"If I sign off on this, it may appear to be favoritism," I began to object.

"We both know it isn't," she retorted coolly.

I did not push the matter but allowed two others on the panel to assign her to the Excalibur; the third member recommended her for the Enterprise. Nyota cornered me and insisted I change the assignment, which was my prerogative as the highest ranking and her immediate superior.

I acceded to her urging. On a purely personal level, I was gratified to have her at my side.

Later, onboard ship, I stopped by her quarters as she was arranging her padds on a side table. She was wearing a pastel outfit, and her hair was loose about her shoulders.

"I should not even let you in here, you know that?" she asked, planting her hands on her hips and scowling.

"Nyota, are you still ..."

Our bond was quite prickly, as she interrupted, "Still upset about earlier? Why ever would you think that? I could say that you deserve a good and proper freezing out."

She lounged against the sofa cushions with her feet propped up on an armrest, and I settled in a chair across from her.

Nyota added thoughtfully, "Well, I guess you might as well admit it: you couldn't be rid of me that easily, hmmm?"

"I assure you, that was never ... I could not ever ..." I attempted to reassure.

"Then you could enjoy the fawning, gushy lady Yeomans and Lieutenants without having to worry about me being there to complain," she said, adopting a fierce glower and even harsher tone.

I raised both brows, blatantly astonished at the suggestion.

She paused for a brief second, and then smirked. The residual bit of coolness had dissipated completely, and her eyes and sense were glowing softly with affection again.

I went to sit next to her on the sofa, and she did not move away as I encircled her shoulders.

Nyota murmured, "My days, not to mention my nights, would have been so achingly empty without you."

Her kiss was loving and warm, and I returned it while stroking her hair softly.

"Shall I order dinner, now?" I asked after a few serene moments.

For answer, she led the way to her sleeping area, "I think I want a taste of dessert first."

+++

Mira_Jade likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW moods but she is on the Enterprise

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Honestly, it would have completely gone the other way had she not been posted to the Enterprise. She's where her skill has placed her, and no less! Plus, it's a perk on a personal level to have her stationed with him - Spock can let himself admit as much! They're definitely not going to be rid of each other so easily. Especially with their bond. Lovely! [face_love] =D=