main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    In the X-wing games, the Empire sometimes has Nebulon-Bs and they're exactly the same as the Rebel ones. But then, this guy isn't claiming that his stuff is canon, it's just his own reimagined headcanon. I do have to agree with him though, the Nebulon-B doesn't look like an Imperial ship at all, and his visual edit and reimagined backstory seem entirely plausible.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    It’s an interesting idea, but I wonder if it’s a tight squeeze to fit TIEs into that hangar, particularly given that the ship’s inner skeleton along its “spine” has to be accounted for under the additional armour plating.

3. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Here's some promo material featuring Resistance ships. Didn't bother posting images since there's nothing new, but I'm sure the purists will like it.

Sans_Fi and Senator Wan like this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I like his fan design..but as a completely different ship altogether...not a stripped down Neb-B.

My theory...and this is based on the cross section...is that the hanger is in the upper front. there is enough room for TIE racks and to hold a squadron. Shuttles would have to dock externally along the spine.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Don't you mean dressed up? :p

Chris0013 likes this.
  6. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Po-Tay-To / Po-Tah-To[face_monkey]

7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Eh? Dressed up and striped down are opposites, not different ways of saying the same thing. EC Henry's ship is a "dressed" complete Nebulon B. The Rebel's Nebulon B is the striped down, naked one.

Chris0013 likes this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I figured we all knew what he meant, so I didn't bother correcting him, lol.

9. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    When I saw your reply I could not go back and edit....so....STOP PICKING ON ME!!!!!!:_|

Alpha-Red and vncredleader like this.
  10. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Did people actually watch the video EC Henry posted and what he believes is the reason behind the "stripped-down" version we see in the movies?

Most of what you are all talking about he explained!!!!!

11. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I really like the way the Nebulon-B looks with the Imperial hull plating, especially because the ship suddenly becomes a logical stablemate for the Carrack and the Lancer and the Strike and that just makes me grin - but my own headcanon is that the reason the Nebulon-B looks so un-Imperial in the first place is that the Nebulon-B is actually an Ubrikkian ship in the Hutt design tradition. :p

As to the Sequel stuff under discussion:

I assume that the TIE Whisper is defined by the claw-like add-ons clamped around the cockpit, the underside module and the antenna on the starboard wing (a weapons pod and a comms array like the similarly-positioned add-ons to the TIE from TFA?), and that Ren's personal fighter has essentially the same ball-and-pylon fuselage, but with the fancy Interceptor wings.

Is the material Pons linked to allowed to be discussed? If so, I haven't seen the "BTA NR2" designation for the Y-wing before - is that completely new?

Also, the caption for the TIE Dagger contains what's either some very casual copyediting or else a huge spoiler. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Drumroll, please.

- The Imperial Ewok

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  12. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    According JediPaxis and MSW, Pryde's Star Destroyer is
    the Sith Fleet flagship.
    The bridge design in this photo doesn't look like anything we've seen before, so could we be looking at a completely new ship?[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Snafu55 and King of Alsakan like this.
  13. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Quick aside, pretty cool when Star Wars ships get used in official size comparisons, SpaceX Super Heavy:

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't think that's the bridge. It looks more like a conference room.

seeker_two likes this.
  15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    It is a little dark...but the lower right (looking at the pic) looks like a crew pit. Did they put a conference table on the bridge? And if so....be careful getting to your seat....you may fall into the pit.

Snafu55, vncredleader and Daneira like this.
  16. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Lol, from a safety perspective, open crew pits are just a terrible idea all around. People probably fall into them all the time.

seeker_two, Fire Dog and Snafu55 like this.
  17. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Looks more like a Mofference Room to me.

Nom von Anor and Fire Dog like this.
  18. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    In support of EC Henry's fan design, the thin "middle section" of a Nebulon-C is clearly supposed to have been covered in a similar way before it was scrapped.

19. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    So far, the best description I've heard regarding the Starhawk is "no-nonsense FU battleship." Perfection.

seeker_two and Fire Dog like this.
  20. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Couple more images of the Y-Wing

21. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Front view of the bombers seen in the Resistance trailer.

Senator Wan and Wrinty like this.
  22. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Gotta say, that's a sexy design.

23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm starting to think there's not going to be a new capital ship. Wouldn't we have heard something by now, a Lego set, something?

Fire Dog and Pons like this.
  24. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I want to have hope, but it's getting a little frustrating at this point. The Raddus and Supremacy were revealed early September of 2017. It's already October and there's not even a hint at any new capital ships.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  25. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Eh, I'd say if nothing is revealed by the end of this month there probably won't be any new ones.

edit: actually, they might be more hope than they we think.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019