main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Ships and Vehicles of Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KnightOfRen, Dec 13, 2017.

1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Made by Revell, Snap-tite so no glue required.

Seriously though, the X-Wing looks to be in pretty much one piece save for a broken cannon and the odd missing panel. I would also guess that there's some kind of rudimentary tool kit in the storage locker under the cockpit.

MY Millennium Falcon likes this.
  2. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Lol, the mere mention of Revell SnapTite brings back memories - the Millennium Falcon and Death Star in this buildable form were my first two Star Wars models way back in 1999... Even if both met untimely ends due to high falls from the respective display racks they were sitting on (but my childhood will return soon, as I found the SnapTite MF in a local online marketplace and going for MYR95.00 / USD22.73)! :p

And speaking of that sunken X-Wing, the craft looks in quite good shape actually... Since Rey is quite handy with fixing spoilt vehicles (including the Falcon’s faulty components while in flight), I think she will find a way to raise the X-Wing out of the water and get it repaired! :xwing:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    That's the image from the marketing materials. The actual ship as seen onscreen looks to be in an even better shape;
    [​IMG]

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Seems like Luke might've left the cockpit open to the sea, it's difficult to tell.

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, hard to make out but I bet it will be closed if Rey pulls it out.

6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm sure anyone who was interested has seen the Kenner X-Wing from TROS is a T-70, I wont post picture or a link (not sure if links to pages with leaks are ok or not). I wonder if the T-85 will actually ever feature in the ST now, seems extremely unlikely now.

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    I don't often gripe about these movies but I will be miffed again if Poe gets a special paint job and the rest of the X-Wings are the squadron last seen at the end of TFA.

Just make the cobbled together, rag-tag fleet with fighters from different units from all parts of the GFFA. That was the beauty of the hand made models from the OT, each of the featured X-Wings was different from the others.

And, no, I think the T-85 will never feature. So only three different X-Wing types (including Poe's boosted) versus about a dozen TIE variants across the Saga.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Glitterstimm likes this.
  8. MY Millennium Falcon

Aug 9, 2019
    I remember seeing virtually the entire fleet of X-Wings in the Raddus hangar getting blown up to bits in TLJ (during Kylo's attack), including Poe's cool black model... Since we see them appearing in the TROS teasers, I'm guessing someone must have sourced for extras via the black market connections of those high-rollers in Canto Bight (maybe even DJ himself, off-screen)? Or perhaps these are from the Resistance sympathisers who have finally received Leia's distress signal and responded appropriately... :xwing:

But this is one amazing shot though - so many nice Resistance ships are seen here (photo from www.inverse.com), including the long-vanished B-Wings, some Y-Wing Bombers, as well as what looks like some Blockade Runner (or it could even be the Tantive IV itself)! =D=

(Which means more opportunity to grow my spaceship model collection as well, lol :p)
    [​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  9. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    I'll be excited when we get some proper ships-of-the-line. This pathetic assortion of puny old starfighters and corvettes does not, in any way, convey the scale of a cataclysmic saga-ending war. An original ship design or two wouldn't hurt either; the galaxy's an enormous place, with a multitude of different doctrines and design philosophies. If an anthology film set during the well-established GCW era can give us a plethora of exemplary new designs, I don't see why the Sequel Trilogy cannot.

10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    One of the few nitpicks I have with the NR going down so seemingly-completely.

Those brand spankin' new NR next-gen X-Wings with the cool paintjobs are awesome.

As for "new designs", I dunno, people take that too far. It's only 33 years later, and an organization and shipyards evolving out of what came before. There are going to be big similarities, especially given they're proven designs. It's weirder how different the PT aesthetic is to the OT aesthetic, if anything, over such a short amount of time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I just realized what the silhouette of the unknown ship from that scene looks like to me...

The Ebon Hawk! Not exactly the same, but close enough to make me wonder if it is some Old Republic ship the heroes find along the way.

12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    [​IMG]

That's my guess, probably a bit wider and curvier though.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    You can see the 'Death Star' cannons under Palpatine's Stardestroyers but they don't appear to have a hangar. Guessing that there maybe normal ISDs amongst the fleet or all the TIE fighters are on the First Order ships.

[​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek and Darth_Bertie like this.
  14. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Don't ISDs have side hangars? At least according to the original Star Wars Battlefront 2

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Can't see any reference to them in the technical drawings and cutaways, etc. I have seen a secondary hangar mentioned but this is forward of the main hangar, right where the big gun is on Palpatine's ISDs.

Poor Rey must have got sand in her eyes when she watched Ochee's ship fly off;

[​IMG]

If they are supposed to be the same then why so many changes (for the worse in my opinion) to Ochee's ship?

16. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I think you'll find a squadron was away on another mission...why snap wexley wasn't in tlj

17. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I hope we get the First Order fleet tearing into and being torn apart in turn by the armada of ISDs we see.

To the new ships...I kinda wish they kept the TIE Silencer design as it was, it feels Abrams might be adverse to something straying from the classic TIE cockpit. There's also the TIE Whisper, which I'm hoping might be a stealth fighter?

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The First Order do not fight against Palpatine's Fleet. The only chance of that happening disappears when Kylo Ren kills Hux.

Kylo Ren's new fighter has the same fuselage modifications that make the Whisper different from the normal TIE (the gold coloured bits). It has been stated that this is a stealth modification by 'Insiders'.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Well, this makes me happy. A new paint scheme for the X-Wings. Additionally this clears up the mystery of what Artoo actually does (for the final Act at least) as that's him behind Poe.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    whostheBossk likes this.
  21. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Same ship from Rey's TFA flashback aged 15 years or different ship

22. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Hm, yeah. Maybe little Rey saw the 'different ship' before Jakku and then the TFA family ship shortly after; and now the 'different ship' is back, 15 years after that.

Seen from behind they are quite similar. But only that POV have been offered to us, in TFA and in the TROS teaser. As if their similarity would explain a part of the story and their dissimilarity another (more relevant?) part.

23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The right side (and perhaps the left) has the same cylindrical shape on it anyway.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  24. MY Millennium Falcon

Aug 9, 2019
    Hmmm, that’s a not-too-bad bunch of spacecraft, which means more new models to collect in time to come... And I’m waiting with bated breath as to what stuff will be released on Triple Force Friday here in Malaysia! =D=

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    If we also take the ship approaching Kijimi in the trailer as the same one then it's not the same ship. There are similarities but lots of differences. I'm guessing that they are insinuating that they are the same and the differences are down to little Rey's vision being part memory, part fabrication. For me, it would have been better to use the 'family ship' from TFA but maybe because it was a better looking (more expensive?) ship they wanted to imply that Rey's vision was flawed and the reality was her parent's murderer left in a junker?