main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Triple Force Friday - October 4th, 2019

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Neither my Walmart or my meijers had anything out at midnight. Did get the carbonized Sith Trooper off Amazon though. Gonna go to target in a couple hours.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  2. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Went into Walmart at 6 am. (Mine closes at 2 am and re-opens at 6, weird, lol). Went straight to toys. They stocked the full Black Series wave with first editions. Got Cal Kestis and The Mandalorian as First editions! Not thiry seconds after another collector followed behind me and purchases the rest of the wave. So my Walmart is cleared out a minute after opening, lol.

Went to two meijers. One had only the lego out. The other had the whole case assortment, but only in the black and red boxes. They also had all the vintage figures, minus the Rey. All the cards were pretty awful though, so I ended up passing.

Waiting for target now. Online said they'd open at 7 am, but out front it says 8 am so... yay. Got 90 minutes of waiting. Can't complian though as I got my two first editions, and I wouldn't have if I didn't go out when I did.

3. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I’m off to check on stores. I ordered the Carbonized Sith Trooper from Amazon, and have the Carbonized version of The Mandalorian for store pick up at Target. Checked GameStop and they open at 9 instead of 10, so we’ll see what’s available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamma626 likes this.
  4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yep! I gotta head over to Gamestop after target. I have a game I need to pick-up (Ghostbusters Remastered) and hoping to get the carbonized Second Sister as well.

5. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I have to go to the town over from me cause “my” Target wouldn’t let me do store pick up on anything. Oh well, at least I’m getting what I “need”

6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I’m at Target grabbed the First Edition of Mandalorian and Second Sister Inquisitor (white boxes) currently at Guest services waiting to pick up the Carbonized Mandalorian. Target had NO vintage card figures at all. Some people were pissed.

7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Target was a bust for me. All the carbonized mando's in stock were ordered for in-store pick-up so none of us waiting in line even got to look at them. They had a couple cases of first editions. People picked through them quick. I grabbed a Rey, but ended up putting her back when I noticed she had abysmal paint. Also had the full vintage line. Again, Rey had piss poor paint in that scale too, as did Poe. No one even looked at them aside from me. Decided to pass on them just to stick to my budget.

No one touched the pops at all aside from the Boba Fett exclusives. There's a few first order Troopers and Offworld Jawa's hanging on the pegs, along with the Rey I put back and a spare second sister someone grabbed two of by mistake. If I struck out with carbonized second sister I might head back over there.

At Gamestop now, they open in 36 minutes.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Got the Carbonized version of Second Sister at Gamestop. Apparently Purge Trooper is pushed back till November. Well, I done for now, have to work. Happy hunting everyone.

9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Was able to pick up eight Pops at Target. They didn't have Poe or Lando in any of the boxes though. Did get the only Connix and Zorii ones. Ordered the other ones I wanted from Gamestop and the NYCC Mandalorian from Funko Shop.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Had to go into town this morning so I checked Entertainer while I was there. Nothing new.

11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Got the first edition Kylo and First Order trooper as well! My mom found a Rey in Maryland, but I can’t tell if she meant first edition or regular. I’ll take her either way though! Also got my carbonized Second Sister and the NYCC Mando. I’m done now. Great day overall!

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hit up Meijer, Walmart, and Target this morning, here's what I picked up:

[​IMG]

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @cubman987 - What's the Fett Pop? Second row all the way to the right..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  14. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Target exclusive. They had a HUGE Fett as well.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah exclusive to Target, here's a better pic:

[​IMG]

16. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  17. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    When I got home one more thing arrived. Spark of the Resistance novel. I'll start that as soon as I finish the Dooku novel, which I'm about half through.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    Target and K-Mart were a bit of a let down in my city (Brisbane, Aust.). There was plenty of Lego available, but little in Hasbro. All I picked up was a Darth Vader figure from The Galaxy of Adventures series. It was disappointing all round really, but I hit a retro gaming store and picked up 6 older figures in original packaging (3 2017 SW, 1 POTF and 2 TFA) for $50 AU ~ bargain!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I like the Fett but I don't really care for the camouflage.

20. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered all I cared about of anything. Lieutenant Connix online from Hot Topic for $9. lI am very happy with that being the only thing that I really wanted. Overall I think this TFF was a letdown, maybe just because I am missing TRU it just wasn't the same, we hit all the stores today but nothing really called out to me.

21. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I picked up a white/red box Madalorian at Target only because they were stocking the shelf after opening on 4 October. The guy pulled it out of the brown cardboard box and handed it to me.

22. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Got to our nearest Target shortly after 9am, snagged the last carbonized mandalorian. Also picked up a D-O and Mandalorian Pop.

23. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I didn't go out hunting yesterday because there really wasn't anything I wanted. Checked 1 Target today while I was running errands. Lots of Pops and lightsabers still on the shelf or peg. Two of the new BS Rey and two Cal Kestis figures were all that were left. I snagged a Galaxy of Adventures Vader.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  24. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    After seeing Joker yesterday I went to Walmart and Target and they were both wiped clean of figures. No pops, VC, black series, nothing.

25. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I received the Carbonized Sith Trooper today from Amazon. Woo