main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The PT Social Thread - RYL AWARD VOTING CLOSED - check announcment on page 1218

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Oct 3, 2019.

?

What did you think about The Rise of Skywalker?

1. I hated it

2. I did not like it

3. It was okay

4. I liked it

5. I loved it

6. MACLUNKEY (I didn't see it)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Why would I? I don't understand.
    It is rated R. The ratings board or whatever they're called deemed it an R rated picture.

There are a few violent scenes, much moreso than anything in the MCU for example, and I heard the F word at least once. But if you've seen The Godfather and could handle that, you'd be fine.

2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I get it completely, as someone obsessed with presidents and their families growing up. 87 is immortal for a Kennedy

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Second longest lived Kennedy next to her mother who lived to be 104. You know that must be the worst thing ever to have two of your sons assassinated.

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Very true.
    Although Jean is 91.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I’ll be damned I didn’t know any of JFK’s siblings were still alive

Out of JFK’s 7 siblings only 3 died of unnatural causes

2 by assassination JFK RFK
    1 by plane crash Kathleen
    1 by plane explosion during Navy Joseph Jr

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Joker was so thought provoking.
    What a terrific movie. Man!

Even after 1 viewing I can easily rank it in the top 5 films involving Batman characters in Gotham city; along with BvS, Batman (1989), The Dark Knight, and either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises.

Going to try and see it again Saturday night after the baseball game.

7. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Jared Leto (not so great)

and

our dear friend Mark Hamill
    (one of the best)

8. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Do, Re, EGON!
    [​IMG]

9. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Uuhh...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Woo, new RYL. Finally some semblance of normality... well, insanity, but you get the point :p Since we were spread over two threads, instead of replying to each post as I went, tonight I made this super massive jumbo quote post, so enjoy ;)

I wrote an essay about the decline of the native americans in the old west in History. It wasn't 'creative', but I found the whole topic fascinatingly sad, which made the essay flow quite well. Very depressing period of history really, but interesting from a historical perspective.

We danced to that song in Aqua Fit this week :cool: Also what did you think of my flawless impression of your accent last night K? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Octopus, do you stand for this slander?!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hutts, you might wanna check that glowing orange alert of death before your computer explodes :p Dandelo already warned you, so consider this a friendly reminder ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Congratulations, you've made it into the list of out-of-context quotes. (I collect quotes and write them down for further use and totally not blackmail) :p
    I DIDN'T GET TO LISTEN! :_| I was out all day so didn't get a chance but I really want to. I'll pick it apart and tell you everything you did wrong :p Jk, and anyways being a Brit you have an advantage. ;)

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Said by somebody who's clearly not listened to my voice clip ;) Prepare your ears :p

13. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    So it's, what, about 10:50 am there in the UK and 7:50 pm in the land of Oz, correct?

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Correct, it's exactly that time :) What timezone are you in Ingry?

15. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Ingry? :confused: That's a first. Anyways, Mountain Time for me. So it's about 7 minutes til 4 am.

16. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    I do [face_mischief][face_mischief][face_mischief][face_mischief]

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Dices linguam Romae!
    [​IMG]

Yay, a chance to use an obscure Atlantis reference :p

18. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Morning guys :D

Good to see this thread was a bit more active after I went to bed :p

19. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Morning Heff :D

I fell back asleep for like 5 minutes this morning and I had this super chaotic dream about my teacher and this one kid in my class joining the forums [face_laugh]

20. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Darsk was in my dream last night again :p

And of all people @Darth Kronos was too :p

I’ll tell the full story later when I have time.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Good morning, everyone.

23. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    So is memorizing boring numbers like how many pages we have to get through to beat our 2016 record.

You do it because you want to do it, more or less. But Latin is still more useful than that because it still has some legal and even some medical use. Plus with Latin, you can read primary documents from large periods and regions in history in the original language. If you're a history buff, surely you could appreciate that?

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-G935A mit Tapatalk

24. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ^def agree with you on all that about Latin, Hutts!

plus, studying Latin is a great way to improve one's English vocabulary, since so many English words have Latin roots. i have always regretted that I did not take a course like that when I was in school...at our school, it covered both basic Latin and Greek (with the word root angle focus) and the the nickname for that course was "Words for Nerds":p

also, studying Latin provides a great point of entry for studying living romance languages like Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian, since they all came from Latin!

when you studied Latin, Hutts, did you get to the point where you could read some ancient Roman texts in the original? if so, do you remember any particular works you enjoying reading that way?

25. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Okay, so that dream I was talking about, I was in this supermarket, and Darsk and Kronos were there (Darsk looked like himself, Kronos looked like Hawkeye :p). And Kronos was like imitating Darsk over the loudspeaker doing this stupid British accent (ironic considering both Dandy and Darsk thought he was actually British :p). So Darsk was like, two can play at that game, and they started having a battle on the speaker over who was the real Darsk. I was just sitting there and I actually couldn’t tell who was the real one [face_laugh] So I went, only one way to find out, and I went to find the terminal or whatever that Darsk what speaking from. I eventually found him and texted him or something that I knew where he was, and just kinda peeped at him from around the corner. He saw me just standing there and it made him laugh really hard for like five minutes straight for some reason :p

There were other parts of the dream but that’s all I remember :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.