main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The PT Social Thread - RYL AWARD VOTING CLOSED - check announcment on page 1218

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Oct 3, 2019.

?

What did you think about The Rise of Skywalker?

1. I hated it

2. I did not like it

3. It was okay

4. I liked it

5. I loved it

6. MACLUNKEY (I didn't see it)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    triple the kicking of water :eek:

3. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I like to see me mum happy!

4. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    I wish I was middle of the road like that :p I'm more like "I thought it was pretty awful, my only negative movie theater experience so far, BUT, I'm definitely willing to have my mind changed" :p

Which kinda brings me to my next point...….What's everyone's most unpopular Star Wars opinion?

Mine is...……..

Maybe I'll change my mind when watching it again, but Luke milking the weird space cow thingy and drinking the green milk was not a bad scene. Yes, definitely gross, and it certainly wasn't important to the story, but besides that I personally don't see anything wrong with it :p

5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    It's sorta true what they say about Americans never traveling much. There's the super-wealthy, college brats often financially supported by the super-wealthy and the retired wealthy who on average travel throughout Europe and the UK. For the vast majority of us, however, we're simply not afforded the vacation days to travel outside of the States (unless business related). Comparably, then, it's easier for us to travel into Canada or Mexico, at least provided one lives reasonably closer to said borders. Hell, even traveling across the country by any considerable length makes for a logistical/financial endeavor.

Fun fact: the US is the only 1st world country (I believe) that has no legal mandate for vacation days.

6. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

I've listened to this for like 3 minutes and now his repeated laughing has gotten to the point that it just sounds like angry wheezing now [face_laugh]

7. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    mine is:

ESB is vastly overrated.

Everyone gasps at that, but it just plods along, and plods along and plods along :p
    Vader is at his best here though :p

my next one is similar:

Yoda's plan on sitting on his arse in a swamp hoping Luke would want to risk a suicide mission instead of being a moisture farmer

Yoda: "you are reckless! *jabs him*

yeah and Yoda should thank the force for it :p

*expects a lot of backlash*

*sits crossed legged eyes closed*

:p

8. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Kinda watching a ton of Dragon Ball Z on Hulu right now :p

9. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    My unpopular SW opinion is that Poe Dameron should’ve died like he was GOING to in TFA before they changed their minds.

All that time spent on him would’ve been SO MUCH better used to instead develop Finn’s character; making Finn (resistance)/Rey (the force)/Kylo/Ben (the FO) the focus of the ST. They’re the true “ST3” in my head canon.

I could go on but I won’t. I do think Oscar’s great though lol, love him in other stuff!

Yay a point! Thanks Forest. I sorta did guess but I questioned myself cause I hate thinking I know something, & then someone being like nope you’re wrong.

10. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    My reaction to TLJ when I watch it now in days:

When the unfunny comedy starts
    [​IMG]

When Tallie dies
    [​IMG]

When the film ends
    [​IMG]

When I know I will have to watch TRoS one day
    [​IMG]

11. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Is it in 4:3 full screen or 16:9 widescreen?

12. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    I actually thought ESB was like a 6/10 movie at best until like 2015 for the same reason :eek: I certainly love it now and give it at least a 9/10 if not a 10/10, but i'm gonna be honest, I still get a bit bored throughout the middle of the movie where they're getting chased by the empire (though imo scenes with Yoda training Luke are still masterpieces) :p

13. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    My current unpopular opinion about Star Wars -- the ST, anyways -- is that the bloated, inconsequential mess of a movie that is The Last Jedi is STILL uniformly superior to that mere imitation thing called The Force Awakens.

And I don't even need a flame-shield for that—I'll take you all on with my fists alone. [face_frustrated]

14. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    what made you change your mind? :p

to me it will always be the one with " that boring snow bit at the beginning but with the best lightsaber battle in the OT"
    that's all I can say about it :p

15. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    *puts blanket around Ingram*

time for your afternoon nap

*wheels him to the window*

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm still watching the same Doctor Who story... these 7 parters man, they take some endurance to power through ;)

As for my unpopular opinion, I guess it's that I fundamentally dislike almost everything in the ST, from the OT rehash to the absolutely awful production design and themes I find really troubling. On the plus side, most of the acting is fine, particularly from Hamill or Boyega.

And all of the rest of Disney's stuff is fine, love R1, Rebels, or Solo for instance. But anything ST related is tainted for me, sadly. Ah well, the most I can hope for in TROS are some cool Palpatine scenes (even if the idea of bringing him back is just another symptom of the ST making everything before it completely irrelevant).

Edit: Also I find that ESB drags somewhat towards the second half too, but everything Hoth is great :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  17. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    4:3, I believe :( Also i didn't specify before, Kai (as in, Dragon Ball Kai :p) was all I could find :( I don't think its as bad as many say and in some cases is better than the original dub (in many cases actually) but some of the voices are different from the original which irritates me sometimes :p Watching the Frieza arc right now, 2nd Form Frieza vs Piccolo :p

18. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Idk, I just kinda watched it again and found myself enjoying the Battle of Hoth, and I've always enjoyed everything on Bespin :p I still certainly have ROTJ over it though, and something about ANH places it above ESB for me. I can't really explain why, but the atmosphere or "unique" feeling I guess, is just something I absolutely love about ANH :p

19. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    If Master Christophero caught you guys dissing Episode V, he'd be very grumpy.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lol, I know, but I think it’s better to understand a living language. I was to stupid to learn another language other than English but I think there are more uses for Mandarin, Spanish, Russian, or any other language that is spoken outside of the Vatican.

Not that I could do either since again my brain can barely comprehend English.

21. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Is it weird that I find TFA to be a bad sequel to TPM-ROTJ and TLJ is bad sequel to TFA?

I guess it doesn’t matter. Both sequel films rank at the bottom of my list. But films are filled with countless plot holes and the plots only work when every single character act like idiots.

22. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    :eek:

I'm starting to like TFA less and less over time, but I gotta say, its nowhere near as low as TLJ for me :p

23. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    you see I'm not really bothered about Palpy being back because I think the prophecy thing was stupid in the first place:p
    To me Vader saved his son from within not because of fate

"prophesy that misread could have been"

me: too right! :p

and they kinda had to bring him back...the killing of Snoke was just too stupid for words :p (sorry VJ hahaha)

24. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    No no, in DBZ’s case 4:3 is good because that is how it was originally made. I can’t stand the new Funimation restorations because they always crop out large portions of what is meant to be seen.

DB, Z, GT, and Kai were all original made to be viewed in the 4:3 ratio

Super is made to be viewed in the 16:9 ratio.

25. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.