main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    To be fair, we got almost ZERO capital ship content from Rogue One and The Last Jedi until the main trailers came out.

Even then, it was years later that the ONLY toy/model of a capital ship from RO, the Profundity, was released. We are two years since TLJ and there still isn't a single official toy or LEGO of the Raddus, Anodyne, Ninka, or Vigil.

My point being that we often get cools ships in films that NEVER get other media exposure and/or only appear in trailers a few months before the release.

--Adm. Nick

2. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    Honestly I highly doubt that the capital ships are not being revealed to avoid spoilers (if anything, that refers to the main characters/returning ones), but I do agree there's a chance we'll not see them until the main trailer or even the movie comes out. While we knew a lot about TLJ's vehicles (with the AT-HH and supercannon being maybe the only exceptions there), there were many "surprises" in TFA and Rogue One. Things like the Boarding Craft weren't widely known until months ago.

3. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    QFT. :D

:D

Surely a Fofference, as these are First Order Moffs?

This is exactly why I find the fanboying of these things disturbing. They're too Imperial for what they pretend to be. :p

Anyone know when the CGI is actually likely to be completed? I'd guess that background ships are thrown in quite late in the game, the equivalent of those enigmatic kitbashes in Jedi that are only now getting a proper analysis.

Everything we've seen from this movie is an OT callback - X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, B-wings, a Corellian Corvette, a whole lot of ISDs, variations on the TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor, and the wreckage of the Death Star from Jedi. We're actually seeing the original versions of some designs that had effectively been reimagined earlier in the Sequels (B-wings, ISDs), even...

The one new vehicle we've seen a hint of is the ship alongside the Corvette in the second trailer, which looks to have quite a few guns and a big forward-opening hatch below a cockpit, maybe an assault transport?

There's a lot that would be nice to see. E-wings? K-wings? Republic Defenders, just for pure randomness value and DROIDS cartoon callback? An Endurance-class carrier? Some version of the "Corellian gunship" design? Little triangular Imperial cruisers?

But what I'd really want to see? CorSec, Rogue Squadron, Dorneans...

- The Imperial Ewok

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And no Micro Machines for TLJ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
  6. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    It's a Mandator.

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    And here's a less blurry version from the issue's preview on starwars.com
    [​IMG]

8. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    This new bomber reminds a lot of the transports used to deploy the Terror Troopers in the TFU II comic, only that this one has two hulls instead of three.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  9. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    And I was looking so forward to adding the Raddus, the Mandator IV, and the Supremacy to my collection :(

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    So the latest excerpt from a RoS tie-in novel states
    that Inferno Squad is recruiting former Imperials who are not too happy with the FO. It's undoubtedly a pipe dream, but the Resistance could certainly use a few ISDs and Onagers...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    seeker_two and Alpha-Red like this.
  12. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Some juicy tidbits from Spark of the Resistance...
    "If we can retrieve the Echo Horn and destroy the Ladara Vex, we can hopefully get a few of those delightful ships we got from Aftab Ackbar on Mon Cala in place for an ambush."

The ambush went as planned, and the Resistance starships managed to destroy a FO Star Destroyer. This is probably what we saw with the first Rise of the Resistance trailer.

Wrinty likes this.
  13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    New "bounty hunter fighter" from The Mandalorian.
    [​IMG]

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Looks a lot like a Y-wing. Wonder if it’ll be a Koensayr product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two likes this.
  15. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Some examples in case you want to look

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYf3nSYI5hCZiNzV2

King of Alsakan likes this.
  16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    A bit of a belated response, but I think sometimes fleet junkies just have to remind ourselves that the majority of spacecraft/space battle fanatics for these films are starfighter stans, and that's going to be reflected in official material's priorities.

Wrinty likes this.
  17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, starfighters do make for much better toys since they fly and zoom around, whereas capital ships...don't.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Maybe. I see inspiration from the F-100 Super Sabre in the nose and cockpit area, which is cool. I don't like the rear of the fuselage though. A forward swept tail plane joining the rear fuselage to the back of the engines, leaving a gap between itself and the main wing, would have created something more interesting.

Fire Dog likes this.
  19. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, speaking of flying and zooming around, I've been playing Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and throughout the course of the game you're able to unlock a mini Finalizer, Starkiller Base, and Death Star II to fly around in. It's pretty amusing when you're watching the cutscene of the X-wings descending to attack the thermal oscillator and among them is a tiny Death Star II shooting its superlaser :p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett, Vthuil and Fire Dog like this.
  20. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ultimate star wars was updated with new star fighter info. slight spoilers for TROS so beware.

Long Snoot likes this.
  21. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    So it says Kylo's fighter
    is a modified version of the TIE Whisper. so that might explain why there is more than one design of it in the merchandise.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  22. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

seeker_two and Long Snoot like this.
  23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I dunno, as a kid, I had some epic battles with my Micro Machines capital ships! My favorites being the Rebels: Mon Calamari, blockade runner, and the transports. With the MM line gone, and Titaniums scuttled as well, it falls to Hot Wheels, and they don't make many capitals. Theres always those huge game pieces, but those are a bit large for my taste.

I'm really hoping to see some more rag tag Resistance ships in ROS, because I really enjoyed the group in TLJ, though they were all destroyed...

Fire Dog likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Unless you're reading Darksaber.
    :p

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Why, what happened in Darksaber? Was it like the subs in Hunt for the Red October?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.