main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok guys, we're going to bring back this thread idea as a central place to discuss all the film ideas you'd like to see made. From adaptations to completely new concepts, let's hear those ideas.

To start, I'd like to reiterate my desire for a Darth Bane film, and any exploration about the ancient past of the Jedi and Sith.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe we'll finally get that Salacious Crumb Trilogy.

[​IMG]

Shaak Ti, Maud'dib, wobbits and 7 others like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Offworld Jawa: The 12 Hour Epic

starfish, Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    JvE
    Jaws versus Ewok

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Jawamanji.

Offworld Jawa finds an old board game set on a desert planet, and gets sucked into the world of Jawamanji (the Jawa name for Tatooine).

Offworld Jawa: “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  6. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Offworld Jawa is off world to look for more gigs for the Max Rebo band

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A trilogy that deals with the hundred year darkness.

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I would second what @robintucker wrote here from a locked thread.
    I think it would be amazing if once Polygon Pictures has finished the animation for Star Wars: Resistance s2, LFL team up with them again to produce an anime movie adaptation of Lost Stars (just like it was adapted as a manga). See the "Human Lost" trailers on youtube to see PP's most recent movie cgi animation quality, it is a huge set up from Resistance's.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  9. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I'd love to see a Star Wars movie set maybe 300 years after the skywalker era. It would be interesting to see how the GFFA's technology and politics had changed and if the events of the skywalker era had any bearing on the current time.

10. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I'll go ahead and say the obvious: something from the Old Republic era.

Newkirk, Shaak Ti, sithboy and 7 others like this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I mostly want stand-alone movies, to be honest. An "Anthology" or "Star Wars Story" that takes place in the Old Republic era. Then one that takes place post TROS. Then one set during the Dark Times. Then one during the Clone Wars, etc. etc.

After the ST, I'd simply prefer it if they laid low with trilogies for a while. Stand-alones would allow them to tell many more stories in many more eras. Then they could make a new trilogy in ten years or something.

12. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, I thought the stand alone format was a fantastic idea, and seeing the results with RO and Solo has only made me want more anthology entries.

The possibilities are endless

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love for ne intresting stories coming out after TROS with organize crime trying to take control and the weak republic and the weak jedi as to fight a force of criminals taking adventage after all the horrors of the the empire/first order.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I frankly had higher hopes for the future of SW movies when we thought we'd be continuing to just get standalone Anthology movies after the Saga ended. Then the plan shifted to "no more Anthology movies" and "a new trilogy (Johnson) AND a new series (B&W)". Now it might have shifted again to... well, who knows. So yeah, maybe we will come back to more standalones vs new trilogies after all, but for now we don't really know. [face_dunno]

15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    A film about the Nightsisters, starring Glenn Close as Mother Talzin!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I think what most impressed me about both anthology films is that while both had strong connections to the OT aesthetics, empire vs rebels, stormtroopers, x-wings, and star destroyers, all really familiar things to the audience, they both also had plenty of fresh new designs. RO gave us Jedha filled with new aliens, priests, scholars etc. I mean there is some fantastic stuff in Jedha City. It makes me want an assassins creed style game where you get to explore the old temples and catacombs of the place. And Solo gave us various crime syndicates, the cloud riders who I thought were fantastically designed characters, again just lots of fantastic stuff.

So while I think it was a good idea to start with films that connect so closely with the OT, I kind of want them to make a film that’s entirely separate from what we’re familiar with. All new designs, characters, time era, ships, etc. Just go all out, completely new everything.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like to see the stand-alones return but I also want more trilogies/sagas. But multi-film arcs don't just have to center around big galactic events and Jedi vs. Sith shenanigans. I would have loved a Han Solo trilogy for example. I don't want them to limit themselves.

Shaak Ti and cwustudent like this.
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I as well want to see future stand alone alongside a new trilogy.

Though the 1st film in the old republic era should be the 1st of a trilogy. It would be difficult to go to an all new era with just 1 movie. I prefer if stand alones are kept in gaps between the saga films (or in TPM case before but not old republic).

The next trilogy should also be the hundred year darkness.

For one, the origins of the Sith is a story worth telling on screen.

A story seeing the split amongst the Jedi and how it affects the rest of the galaxy. What if the Jedi became guardians of the Old Republic because of said war.

A long war that is also perfect for later tie ins to help fill in the gaps.

While I do want to eventually have a film portrayal of the Jedi vs Mandalorian war and also Darth Banes era, I prefer the 100yr darkness first because it acts as a good introduction/stepping stone to the later Old republic era stories (such as why their is a big beef between Jedi and Sith, etc). I think it’s the earliest galactic scale conflict we know of canon wise. It being set so long ago also requires significant visual differences from the Skywalker Saga, maybe giving it more of a fantasy vibe. Really helps in separating these films from the Saga. We could then start to see a slow progression of tech if post 100 yr darkness Old Republic stories are put to film/tv.

However their is an issue that this is a generational conflict. If you have a film showing the beginning of the conflict, most of the cast (unless their all long lived aliens) won’t be seeing the wars conclusion.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  19. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    What I'd be most interested in when it comes to stories taking place thousands of years before the Skywalker Saga is the design and general world building. It should look and feel like a completely different era, with less developed technologies, vastly different vehicle designs etc.
    What did Coruscant look like back then? Had the entire planet been turned into a city yet? Did the Jedi Temple as we know it exist? What about the Senate building?

Shaak Ti and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Realistic wishes: Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. Thrawn and Ezra-whatever they're up to. A Vader movie, set a few short years after ROTS. The Aang-Tii monks recanonized and Rey takes the journey Jacen did in EU, but without being written into a Sith due to fan backlash; kind of Rey in the role of Jacen from Dark Nest. Something entirely new that none of us have thought of yet.

Unrealistic wish: The World Between World is shown to have created a multiverse, and the old EU timeline is one of them; literally any story set in it.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  21. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Do you think they will include some elements of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn novels in TROS? I think it's a possiblity that TROS will set up more movies that tie directly into these books.

Here are my thoughts (spoilers if you haven't read the books but are planning to):
    • The new Thrawn novels introduce the Chiss into official Canon. The Chiss are from the Unknown Regions (UR), a section of the galaxy that will supposedly be introduced on screen in TROS.
    • The Thrawn novels also introduce us to the Grysk as a new enemy that threatens the GFFA.
    • We were also introduced to Batuu in these novels, which is the setting for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland/World.
    • Thrawn disappeared along with Ezra into the UR and this all took place before the OT.
    • From what it looks like in the teasers and according to rumors, with the Emperor possibly hiding out in the UR with a secret fleet, and assuming it and the First Order are decimated at the end of TROS, and assuming there isn't a "New Republic" formed by the Resistance by the end of TROS, I think it's safe to say that the GFFA will be in a very weakened state in terms of Government and military defense by the end of TROS.
    • It's hard to imagine the Grysk, or Chiss for that matter, not noticing the state of things after the events of TROS. This would present a tempting opportunity for the Grysk to begin an invasion of the Galaxy from their main terrority in the UR.
    • It's a strong possibility that Thrawn has reasoned with Ezra to recognize the Grysk as a new, and even deadlier, threat than what he had known in the Empire and I wouldn't be surprised if both of them went to the Chiss territory after their disappearance in the UR to see what they could do to help fight this threat. Zahn has given strong indications that a Grysk invasion seems inevitable due to their desire to expand their territory and their prevalent warrior culture.
    • The Thrawn novels must be popular with the fans because Disney just green-lit Zahn to make three more that will be Thrawn's story among the Chiss before he joined the Empire. I think it's safe to say that the Grysk and their culture/forces will be explored/detailed a bit more during these new novels.

Anyway, just some thoughts to chew on. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some movies or shows focus on this new story line in the future. I'd love to see a new movie, or series of movies, that focuses on this Grysk invasion with the Chiss becoming involved while being led by Thrawn/Ezra. I would LOVE to see Thrawn, Ezra, and maybe even Eli Vanto or Faro introduced on screen as some new hero characters for us to follow. This sounds much more interesting than the weak stories, IMO, that we've seen in the ST. Especially since it will give us some interesting and original stories to enjoy that aren't just rehashes of the OT stories or simply trashing on beloved OT characters. And let's be honest, who doesn't love Thrawn? :p

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really do want Knights of the Old Republic. I've always thought Raven's story is perfect for film.

But I'd also wouldn't mind seeing them do something Live-Action with Rebels even if it's a one-shot adventure or in the future saving Ezra or at least following up with where he is.

Allantrist and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  24. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    We are long overdue for Kotor/tales of the Jedi/0ld republic films.

They can be done.

25. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Life on the Executor. Get the Imperial perspective.