main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Before - Legends CorSec notes from Rostek Horn DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Hal already an inspector! Wow, time really flows by so quick, doesn´t it?

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    my favorite EU-character
    Entry 43

I have sent a coded message to Steve to congratulate him with his 345th birthday. And there was in that same message ‘Valin has now his son Corran at his side working at CorSec. The boy has graduated with top grades.’ The message was sent when I discovered that Corran had top grades but is only one of Hal’s rookies. Corran still has to earn his pips.

Hal is known to mentor rookies. He trains and acclimates them to CorSec. He has many protegés and friends within the service. And like me he is deeply upset with CorSec's role in hunting Jedi. He shares my dislike for the Imperial Intelligence liaison officer assigned to our area, Kirtan Loor.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sure

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Corellia is an excellent place for those who want to follow the Jedi path but want families. Also for those not wanting to be under Imperial tyranny :cool:

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anakin should have moved there with Padme...

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Corellians have been different and sure follow a great Jedi-path
    and nothing bad would have happened

Entry 44

Garm Bel Iblis was in a jubilant mood today when he told me about the battle of Yavin. The rebels have destroyed the Death Star.

A Corellian pilot – Wedge Antilles – played a major role. And Han Solo – a Corellian smuggler – used his YT-1300 transport named the Millennium Falcon (known to the Jedi as Stellar Envoy) to transport vital information about the Death Star from Tatooine to the rebel base on Yavin IV.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love reading about Wedge. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    he is one of my favorite characters and I love his stories in the EU

Entry 45

More records were altered. My friends from the Raging Ronto had to go into hiding. Jerrod and Lina have now a tapcaf in Cor Sanol.

Corran has earned his pips and is now working at CorSec with his father. He has to call him Inspector Hal Horn.

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ah well, not so bad to have a working relationship with a parent, right?

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Corran continuing in the CorSec career path.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and he will learn from the best
    leading to

Entry 46

Nyche Horn was struck by a drunken driver in a landspeeder accident. Hal and Corran rushed to the hospital to be with her. She spoke with them about their future before passing away, leaving father and son grieving together.

I was with them at the memorial service.

Hal said ‘One of the reasons she was a good woman, wife, and mother was because she didn't think about herself first. Not a selfish bone in your mother's body. Everyone else came first and what she wanted was saved for later because we needed her now. And now she has no more later, and there seems little reason in having a later without her.’

Garm Bel Iblis informed me that the rebel-base on Hoth is destroyed.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Touching, with a nice tie-in to events on Hoth. Garm Bel Iblis is keeping track of Rebel activities. ;)

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hal said ‘One of the reasons she was a good woman, wife, and mother was because she didn't think about herself first. Not a selfish bone in your mother's body. Everyone else came first and what she wanted was saved for later because we needed her now. And now she has no more later, and there seems little reason in having a later without her.’

No wonder she married a Force sensitive man, right?!? ;)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and will
    yes being a Force sensitive

Entry 47

Yesterday we had the memory service for Hal Horn. He was killed by bounty hunter Bossk. I gave the Jedi-credit to his son Corran.

Entry 48

I didn’t see my diary for a long time being very busy.

Corran tracked down Bossk, but Kirtan Loor let Bossk loose without so much as an arraignment, citing his lack of manual dexterity as making Horn's death collateral damage in the execution of a valid Imperial warrant against Horn's companions. The relationship between Corran and Loor continued to disintegrate, until Corran left Corellia with his X-wing and astromech Whistler.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great that Corran left successfully.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I like Whistler being mentioned! [face_love]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    to continue his adventures and meeting again
    one of the funny astromechs

Entry 49

Yesterday I saw the Korua Gem leaving Corellia on a mission to free slaves. The mission began with a visit to the dentist in Cormond. Ronald, Vincent and Salmar – the three former Jedi-padawans – had a scheduled visit to the dentist and I was going with them because Corran couldn’t deliver the new codes to the dentist. A message came from Karel Koorn to head to the ale factory because of activated trackers and a homing signal for an astromech.

In the past years CorSec had received messages from that astromech about freed slaves wearing slave-collars with locks. Hems Oilosse was our lock-picking agent and he was able to free all slaves – brought to Corellia by our agents – from the collars.

I guided the padawans to our office and was surprised to see the old Millennium Falcon (now called Eagle) and astromech artwenty (now Ar-Dree) land in the hangar. A young man, a badly injured older man and three slaves were inside. All were wearing slave-collars and three men couldn’t leave the transport. They had to remain near the control for the slave-collars.

Hems Oilosse was unable to free three slaves and saw the timed devices on the controls for the collars counting down. They were going to die if the collars couldn’t be removed. The slave-collars could only be disabled on the planet where they had been activated by a DNA-code.

We had to take action. I asked for volunteers. The Eagle had to go to Nalakon. The means to do that was the Korua Gem where the Eagle could be stored in one of the hangars. X-wings and a LAAT-gunship are aboard. The Korua Gem was painted black making her invisible.

All former Jedi, padawans and their parents and the crew of the Korua Gem were briefed by me about the mission.

I was headed up the ramp of the Korua Gem when Hems Oilosse halted me. He said ‘your place is here on Corellia. Your grandson Corran will return some day and he will be searching for answers. You can give him those.”

I replied “You know something.”

“Yes and the Force has guided you in your selection of the crew for this mission. Your place is not here on the Korua Gem. Your place is in Coronet, leading CorSec and tending to the flower hybrids, keeping the knowledge alive for your grandson.”

And that has me guessing if the Korua Gem will return.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Exciting adventures rescuing the slaves and deactivating the collars.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more exciting news to come

Entry 50

A guess became a certainty a few days later when I got a coded message from Hems Oilosse on the Korua Gem. She is headed to Moniron and cannot return after passage through that nebula. I don’t know if she will be able to land. But she has transports and X-wings to get all safe on the planet. My Jedi-friends who needed protection and their friends are now safe from the empire.

Today I was in my secret place in Firwood listening to the news and listening to the Galactic Empire News. They have a reporter embedded in one of the imperial cruisers and are near Endor waiting for the rebel-fleet to appear. An unfinished Death Star is circling Endor and it’s the target of the rebel-fleet. I could intercept the code of the transmission and sent it to my agents.

A receptionist at the University Hospital contacted me and told me to go to room 10. Entering the room I saw a smiling face on the large holoscreen giving a report of the victory at Endor. The Death Star was destroyed. The Corellian Alliance News had my code and had taken over from the Galactic Empire News. It was a live report coming from the Ullet, a Corellian CR90-corvette.

I met agent Danil Pevney and Melinda Makee. Danil told me that he had been in the tapcaf where Melinda Makee saw the destruction of the Rebel Star Cruiser Liberty. She fainted and was sure that her son Bruce had perished.

Later that day I could tell her that Bruce was found and being transported in a medical shuttle to Corellia. Bruce was injured.

I was telling her this when Dirk Romin came in. Work maybe for him. He told me about Harry Bel Iblis jr still sedated after seeing the destruction of the Liberty where his girlfriend Kathy was serving. Harry and Bruce had been on the Korua Gem when Harry was injured during a mission. Bruce transferred to the Liberty.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A great victory =D=

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The light always wins in the end.

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more great news to come

Entry 51

Today I went – before going to the hospital – to my greenhouse in Firwood. I found two former slaves and recognised the collars. They were Rumil and Britta Alin and being Dunai elder they sensed the deaths at Endor. They told me about their master and the disgusting work they had to do. I contacted my agent Captain Dar-Ond and told him that a trial for the captured imperial Mo Jeremo was not needed anymore. I took Rumil and Britta for treatment to the university hospital. Rumil and Britta could help Harry Bel Iblis to cope with his loss of Kathy.

And I had to take action again to hide the two Dunai elder.

Bruce arrived with doctor Tonia Egvards, Dorian Nigwin, pilot Buck and two former stormtroopers. Those two – Arno and Jens – were drafted by the imps into service on Corellia.

Bruce too could be comforted by Rumil after hearing about the death of his girlfriend.

Entry 52

I heard that Emperor Palpatine was slain by Darth Vader, now again known as Anakin Skywalker.

I had to get a new group of agents for our office in Cormond. Jon Tomson and his wife, Dirk Romin and his wife and son Dirk, Rick Ebeli and his wife – former doctors from the university-hospital – wanted to go. Harry and Bruce, Melinda and Danil, Dorian and Tonia, Rumil and Britta and the two former storm-troopers are now living in Cormond.

And a code that the Korua Gem was returning had us with a med-shuttle guided by an astromech. Aboard were some criminals using the shuttle as a means to escape from Moniron. Agents Janno Dar-Ond and Jess Markin had to initiate the emergency procedure and used coma gas. Janno and Jess have transported the criminals to Kor Vella. They are small fry and can start a new life with new identities.

Now I know that all my friends on the Korua Gem are safe on Moniron.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very efficient handling of getting friends /allies to safety =D=

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I agree with Ny here! Well done job again. =D=

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 53

It has been years since I saw my diary.

Fire has been my thing.

Oh yes my old house met with a fire and Hal’s house too. The government thought that all my files on politicans were destroyed but they saw numerous copies popping up. The government bought all the property that once housed eight families and ceded it to me after building a new house. It is filled with all kinds of listening devices and scanners. I have assistants and housekeeping. But what the government doesn’t know is that all are working for me and me alone. I can manipulate the government in a way I like.

And I grow my hybrids in the green-house situated in the large garden. I encode all the Jedi-knowledge in their DNA.

I am following the exploits of my grandson Corran. He has joined Rogue squadron and is meeting Mirax Terrik.

That’s funny because Booster Terrik was put away by Corran’s father Hal for a stint of five years in the mines on Kessel.

But with Corran in love with Mirax I think Booster will approve one day.