main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. The story of an Imperial that gradually realized the folly and evil of the Empire (as opposed to just starting the film that way, like Finn) would be interesting.

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh, we've kinda had the arc already in the Battlefront game. And it was awesome. Just kinda feel it might be a bit too same-y for now.

I kinda think it'd even be more ballsy a move to try a story with an actual Imperial protagonist/s that don't defect. Or partially that, like something along the lines of an X-Wing & TIE squadron TV series, episodes altering between the perspectives of pilots on either side.

They're probably never going to do it with a movie, it'd be a little overly controversial, but yeah, might be something to explore in a film. Not every officer in the Imperial Navy's going to be some brutal callous Tarkin, especially in the earlier inter-trilogy years there's going to be plenty of OG Republic military guys who've carried over.

Shaak Ti and DannyD like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I guess. I’m just not interested in following characters who...remain fascists. Unless, as you say, there are multiple storylines, and that character is just one of them, juxtaposed with one or two others that...aren’t fascists. That way you’re still highlighting the folly of fascism, and not seeming to condone the choice, while opening an interesting window into how people end up justifying that sort of life choice. Moral relativism just ain’t my bag.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. Just sort of the mirror image to the "Rogue One showcase the seedier cutthroat elements of the Rebellion", but inverted. We got a bit of it with Bodhi and we've seen it with Luke wanting to sign up to fly his own brand-spankin'-new TIE, but some of the "not everyone on the Death Star or a Star Destroyer is in this for the evil shenanigans" coloring.

You're right it's getting into some tricky territory though, can't see them ever having an Imperial main protagonist short of it being a defection story.

I mean, we're cool with a career murderer taking cash for tagging-and-bagging smalltime hoodlums, haha. But yeah, agreed.

Jedi Merkurian and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Breakin2

Breakin2 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 24, 2002
    The story of a lone mouse droid.

DarthFixxxer and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It needs to tie directly into ANH, though, like RO did.

The ending is from the mouse droid’s POV. It’s a coda to the rest of the film, where he’s finally joined the Empire as a new recruit after many years of bumping around trash heaps and alleyways on some backwater planet. His first deployment is on the Death Star. It’s his first day. He comes around a corner and hurries down the hall, late for a scheduled mouse droid orientation video he’s required to watch. We hear a roar. The mouse droid halts, and the camera tilts up to reveal a tall hairy figure.

Iris out.

cwustudent and EHT like this.
  7. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    One mouse-droid, many mice-droids. Meese-droids.

8. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    1. Definitely a KOTOR movie (if not trilogy) with Keanu Reeves as Revan. I don't care that the story is not original. If it's done well, there will be skin crawling. The good thing about this, is that it's so far removed from the other eras, that there won't be any need for retcons.

2. Old Republic again, but now the rise of Darth Bane and how the rule of Two came to be, including the Ruusan Wars and Darth Zannah

3. A Darth Plagueis movie.

4. For original ideas, a Chiss movie. In the espionage and conspiracy genre

5. The birth of the Jedi Order and how the Sith came to be as well. Show us Korriban (Moraband), Tython, Onderon etc.

6. A Whills movie, consistent with all GL treatments.

Shaak Ti and sithboy like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't think I could take Keanu in Star Wars seriously.

10. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    [​IMG]

I could.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I have to pile on here.
    Why, of all the people in the known universe, Keanu Reeves?

I like the guy, but it's just so random.
    Like suggesting Adam Sandler as Darth Revan.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    I mean, might as well. Revan's basically the character equivalent of Jack and Jill. Sandler it up, baby!

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    You have been taking Diego Luna seriously, so it shouldn't be that hard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apart from the fact that he is visually perfect for the role, he would knock it out of the sky with his performance. There is a pretty high number of people across all platforms that have suggested or approved this, already, I didn't mention it out of the blue.

Shaak Ti and GregMcP like this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nope, can't imagine Keanu being good in that role. Too goofy.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    So long as he's shredding mad air-guitar solos, I'm in.

No serious John-Wick-Keanu, we need Ted Keanu. :cool:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You are literally the only person that I have ever interacted with that believes Diego Luna is a bad actor. He’s widely considered an excellent actor by some of the greatest filmmakers around, like Cuaron, etc.

Sorry, I think Keanu’s funny, but it’s laughable to suggest that he’s a better actor than Luna. As GregMP noted, he’s in the Sandler realm. I enjoy his dopey vibe, but he’s dopey. And definitely not the right choice for a Sith Lord.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    starfish and jeangreyforever like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want a Ki-Adi-Mundi spin off where we learn that his dad is Dan-Ayk-Royd

[​IMG]

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I knew Ki-Adi-Mundi was French!

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Keanu could be great. I don't know about him being a Sith Lord but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in the GFFA. Maybe a Han-like scoundrel or something.

20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Plagueis.

Not as Snoke, but as his own character. Not an adaptation of the novel by Luceno, but serving the same purpose. I would not be opposed to making the Plagueis-Anakin connection.

Recast a young Palpatine, and give McDiarmid a small role as older Palpatine.

This would be to the PT what RO is to the OT.

Shaak Ti, Iron_lord and DarthFixxxer like this.
  21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I have never said Diego Luna is a bad actor. But I also don't think he's a particularly good one, he does not stand out anywhere for me. I think Reeves is a much better actor. I also have not interacted with anyone who does not think that he nailed it in the Matrix for example, but anecdotal evidence is frowned upon in these forums, at least when people disagree with it. Also, Revan is not exclusively a Sith Lord, he is a lot of things! You need someone who can look evil and heartless, but also kind and warm at the same time, so I think Keanu would be perfect for that.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    All I can imagine is him in that odd football film, the replacements or something. I haven’t seen him in a lot of films, but I don’t think he would be particularly good in a Star Wars film. For a role like Revan I would prefer a new actor anyways.

I also wouldn’t be opposed to them casting Revan as a woman. The game lets you play as either.

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    He is a man though in SW:TOR.

24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I know that is what is canon, but the game does let you choose, it is an rpg after all, and so for many people’s head canon the character is a woman. So I’m just saying if they ever did a film adaptation for the character they could very well cast either a man or woman for the part.

25. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    "She's a he, he's a he-she." - Mrs Doubtfire kid

At any rate, doubt Revan ever makes it into the new era stuff, it's pretty on-the-nose and videogamey epic-brahhh in feel.