main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, I know -- that's within the "normal" Medicare structure right now. And when Sanders (and theoretically Warren) are saying they're getting rid of private insurance, they're getting rid of both Medicare Advantage and what most normal people would consider the private insurance market as well.

I'm actually okay with elimination of Medicare Advantage (and moving solely to a gov't run program), but I'd like a secondary private insurance market -- I don't think her plan comments on that, per se, unless I'm missing it of course.

2. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Clinton essentially accused Gabbard of treason; her response was wholly justified.

This can only bolster Gabbard's standing, as many of us have wanted to see this vile Medusa exposed for a very long time.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I liked the first three sentences (the first tweet), then she went into conspiracy and blamed Hillary for her reputation instead of the obvious answer: her own past and connections.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Not gonna defend Hillary, but in the same way that Trump was an unwitting player in Russia’s moves, so too is Gabbard. Essentially it sounded like Hillary was trying to sound the alarm about Russian propaganda in the election and how they are using Gabbard’s campaign to do so- similar to what they did to Trump, Sanders, and Clinton. But man did she say it wrong. Tulsi’s anger was justified- the rest of it however did not help her much. In the end, the only winner in this cluster is Russia.

5. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Which is why Clinton should have said nothing. She's languishing in the low single digits and her fund raising isn't doing much better. If she really believes what she said, Gabbard's campaign eventually running out of steam and packing it in is the outcome you'd hope for. Instead she gave her another angle to continue working her anti party establishment message from and at least a temporary increase in her profile.

solojones and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I look forward to the day when Democrats invoke "climate change" more than they do "Russia", because the latter has fudge-all to do with our quality of life.

vncredleader likes this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hillary was also an unwitting player in Putin's game by being such a terrible candidate and then losing. I mean the list can go on forever we can't base decisions on how Putin will react. Putin would love for the US not to have an imperialist hegemony over the world, but guess what, that doesn't mean we should keep it up.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Destroying the world to own the libs?

Well now meet the lib version: destroying the world to own Putin

God liberals are gross. Like the level of focus on Putin fear-mongering and focus on Hong Kong, as Kurds are massacred, Ecuador just wrapped up its urgent issue, Lebanon, Iraq, West Papua, Haiti, and Chile are still rioting with a lot of death already occurring in each case. But nope gotta make memes about Blizzard and say some frankly racist stuff about Lebron James.

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's truly scary seeing how ineffective liberals are and then seeing that they are the ones who want to lead the charge against conservatism and fascism.

Abadacus and vncredleader like this.
  10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Maybe it's time to just have WWIII and get it over with?

Honestly, it feels like we're already halfway to becoming Panem, so we might as well just schedule the Hunger Games. At least that way we'll all have a chance to duke it out.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    HIllary is so great at politics...

Jedi Merkurian and Lord Vivec like this.
  12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Colluding with foreign agents is a crime and an impeachable offense. If you have enough evidence to support a similar accusation against a member of Congress, proceed with formal investigation/impeachment inquiry. If you don't, S. T. F. U.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeeesh. Well there goes respect I had for Buttigieg. Zuckerberg doesn't know anything about humans.

Chromide likes this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    At this point, one difference between Gabbard and Trump is that Gabbard may be an unwilling player in Russia's moves, while Trump is an active collaborator.

Another, there isn't anyway she gets the nomination for the Democrats like Trump got it for the Republicans.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  16. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Do you know hard I'm trying not to make a "cause he's a reptilian Jew" comment to this

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD :p

solojones likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I was going for "because he's an outrageously privileged dude who now has insane amounts of money", but obviously yours works as well :p

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    He knows all about you because he has all your data. He knows you voted Biden and he knows why: because you like to eat Kit Kats at 3 am.

19. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    But...but I like to eat Kit Kats at 3 am.

Oh dear...

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I’m sorry, it’s science.

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't think I've had a kit kat since I was a teenager...

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Give me a break.

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  25. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    It's a great thing to know who Facebook's candidate is. Do emoluments paid in Libra count?

Darth Nerdling likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.