main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    lol Chris, you're gonna have your TOD reunion no matter what, aren't you.

christophero30 likes this.
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I write a letter to Spielberg daily.

3. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    That's true. Though, for Indy 4 the whole idea was that Ford was playing his age, whereas the above example would be a) temporary and b) logically justified given the earlier time-frame. And it's not as if Spielberg is one to shy away from FX filmmaking experimentation in pursuing his own whims. But then I could likewise see how he just wouldn't think it necessary, or even perhaps too obvious. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me outright if they did something to that extent. Of course, such might also open up Pandora's Box, so to speak, by tempting Disney/Lucasfilm to cash-in on an all-digital-Indy future installment in the vein of Rogue One and its resurrected Peter Cushing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Ford was once attatched to star in Gemini Man, co starring a younger Ford. It was the late 90's and Tony Scott was going to direct.

5. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Man, I can only imagine the technological challenges that posed. No wonder they scrapped the project until now. But Ford fighting Ford admittedly sounds rad. One way or another, someone woulda been gettin' off the other's plane, that's for sure.

6. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    they made it with Will Smith and Ang Lee instead.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Yes, I know. I saw it.

8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    was it good?

9. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    Few else seem to think so, but I actually sorta loved it.

10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I may be in the minority, but I liked that Indy got married to Marion (haha) and I liked the son element. I know about Shia's real-life business, but I hope neither of them are forgotten in 5.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I liked that Indy got married to Marion but hope Mutt gets flattened by a boulder Wile E Coyote style in the opening scene of Indy 5. Then Short Round appears. "Not very funny."

12. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    Interesting. Probably against de-aging because it seems unnecessary. We already have lots of "young Indy" material.

But hypothetically, if a younger Indy were to appear, it could be a dream/hallucination of his prime age, where the younger Indy flaunts his carefree attitude vs. the older man's reluctance to go on more adventures.

13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    20th Century Fox released this week the poster and trailer for Ford's upcoming The Call of the Wild. It is one of a handful of Fox films that was basically completed and not abandoned by Disney after the acquisition.

I think it's a bummer they went the full on CGI route with the dog, rather than an actual dog/CGI combo, but that aside, I think it looks like it could be a pretty good adventure film. I get some Indy vibes from Ford in the trailer.

I think it's also unfortunate that Disney decided to push this film out of the holiday 2019 release date it original had, and instead moved it to its current February release date. I think the film could have been pretty successful with audiences over the holidays, but I can't see it doing so well in February.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw the trailer for that. I might see it just for the scenery - what I saw looked great! My youngest sister used to live in Alaska - Anchorage and then Fairbanks. (She lives in Florida now).

GunganSlayer likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Not a Mutt fan? :p

Iron_lord and christophero30 like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't know if the story they are working on would require Indy to have that much action because they've kept pushing the date back. I was kind of bummed that Indy 5 got pushed back for West Side Story, and since WSS is X-Mas 2020 any way this will make July 2021 release date? Probably not.

17. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Call of the Wild looks fun. It has a good cast, including Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey and Karen Gillian from Dr. Who. Hopefully it will be a small hit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Trailer looked good. f I see it in the cinema it will probably be for the scenery. My sister lived in Alaska for years - mostly in Fairbanks but also in Anchorage.

19. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    From an upcoming CBS Sunday interview, Harrison says he's filming Indy 5 "in about two months."

I'll believe it when I see a production still with a clapperboard, but an update nonetheless.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Immortiss and christophero30 like this.
  20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That really came out of nowhere...

Then again, it had to be starting sometime around that time if it were to make its planned release date.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Harrison will be on the Ellen Show on Friday there is a clip from the interview on MSN where he says filming starts at the end of the summer!

Immortiss and christophero30 like this.
  22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I really can’t wait for this one. Indiana Jones, Han Solo and Harrison Ford as an actor have been heroes of mine since childhood.

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    me too. the theater near me had 25 cent 10am showings of Raiders all summer, so I probably saw it at least a dozen times as a kid. I've shared this before but it played for a year and a half in the theater.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So are they still doing the Nazi treasure train sealed in a tunnel?

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's sealed in a box, which is sealed inside another box, and then he'll mail that box to himself and smash it...with a HAMMER