main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Drabbletastic Delights" H/L, L/M, etc.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 27, 2019.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect follow up for Mara and Luke with their thoughts
    And Jaina/Mara we should have read more about that bond.

2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    I’ve been catching up on my fanfic reading & this thread caught my eye immediately!

Though I’ve read them all I’ll start by reviewing the most recent posts. :)

I really liked seeing Endor Day from Mara’s point of view. It’s thoughtful to remember her very opposite memories and allegiances, what they meant at the time & what they mean to her now. And Luke’s compliment was so sweet & so true! [face_love]

In Master and Apprentice it was great to see Mara and Jaina together as teacher/student.

Jaina was a bit ahead of Mara in the "I can be tactful if I want to be," being Leia's daughter, but it so happened that she didn't usually want to be...

Loved this description of Jaina! :D

Great drabbles WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! =D=

Really enjoying these, can’t wait for more! :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) Deciding to pick these up again.

~~

"End of the Day Family Unwind"

Leia delegated her day's rest of work to her aide, Lorissa, and went home to enjoy her twins, Jaina and Tanda. They wouldn't be this age forever and before you knew it, they'd be out of the home and she'd regret not spending more time with them ... She already felt remorse over the hours her work took away from her family.

She felt the day's tensions melt away as the kids bombarded her with "Mommy, are Hutts really slimy?" and "Mommy, look at what I made in class today!"

Han, naturally, was part of these evening rituals of baths-then-bedtime stories, the latter of which more often than otherwise involved one of his highly modified/edited adventures.

Leia didn't want to know how much was exaggerated.

Han brought Leia her favorite hot beverage and undid her long hair, slowly relishing its luxuriant cascade. This was the favorite part of both their days, when it was just the two of them.

~~

"Doing and Giving Helps You 'Soldier on'"

"How do you do it? How do you give so much of yourself to so many and still have so much to spare?" Luke had asked her on one occasion.

"I just do. There are times when I don't feel like being the voice of hope and resolve, but I do it anyway, and somehow I'm able to keep on."

That was one thing they shared in common. Luke poured himself out selflessly for others too. It was something those who loved them found the most endearing.

++++

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  4. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww nice update! :)

[face_laugh] It was probably best she didn't ask too many questions or fact check him! :han:[face_mischief]

I totally agree with this in Doing and Giving Helps You 'Soldier on'. Both Leia & Luke have the same trait of wanting to help others! :)

So sweet!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Luke and Leia had great parents

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade introduced me to 50 Kisses Prompts. Yum! 06 is a kiss on a fallen tear. :) [face_sigh]

Pairing: Han/Leia

~

Leia was scrolling through family holos when she came across a wonderful set -- a family pic when she was on the brink of adolescence, and she and her parents were at the seashore. The light seabreeze was stirring her tresses, and her parents were smiling into the cam, looking relaxed and happy.

Another was of them at a private supper with friends. Bail was looking at Breha with tender warmth.

She recalled the days of secrecy, striving, and selflessness for the nascent Rebellion, but mostly the precious family moments. Now that she had children of her own, it made her miss them all the more. Bail and Breha would have made the most loving grandparents!

Han found her with moist cheeks as he strode into their bedroom after putting Jaina and Tanda to bed. He took one look at the holos she was sorting and didn't say a word. He didn't have to.

He just drew her close and kissed the tears away, validating both the bitter and sweet tangle of emotions.

Something soft and grateful blossomed in her, and Leia smiled.

"Thank you," was all she needed to say.
    ++++++

[face_love]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  7. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    This recent update was both adorable and sad!

These particular lines were really touching. =((

I loved how Han knew to just be there for her with a sweet simple embrace. [face_love] That's true love.

Thanks for sharing this. :) Nice writing!

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow!! :eek: You work fast, my friend, but with the best of results. [face_love] :D [face_dancing]

Oh, that last line really hit and sunk in deep. Bail and Breha would have adored being grandparents, Leia is too right to imagine. What bittersweet reflections as she goes on to raise children of her own. =((

Beautiful! I loved the softness of Han's understanding and unconditional support. It's exactly how I'll always imagine these two, through better or worse! [face_love]

Thank you for sharing this beautiful snippet with us! I can't wait to see which of the prompts strike your muse next. [face_love] =D= [:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It sure is fun doing these again.

L/M - the first morning after their wedding - SQUEE! Using "A Kiss to Wake Up To" from 50 Kisses

~

Luke couldn't believe it! This indescribably stunning woman was in his arms and in his life. He kissed her jade eyes open and she purred sleepily.

Then he started tickling her and kissing her nose, lips, and throat.

Mara, in turn, thought: I could've been waking up to this all along! Wasted too much karking time! But ... no sense in regrets... besides, Luke was proving to be too distracting.

++++

[face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  10. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    This Luke/Mara scene was so perfectly adorable! [face_love]

I bet Mara's mornings improved greatly after marrying Luke. [face_tee_hee]

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love]!!!

I loved the sweetness and humor in this. Yes! Their happy ending was a long time coming, but Mara is very pragmatic in focusing on the joys of the present! [face_mischief] [face_tee_hee] [face_love]

I loved the honest, boyish delight in Luke for waking up to his wife for the first time too. He's a very lucky man and he knows it. They both are. [face_love]

=D= [:D]

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Kiss on a fallen tear - This one snuck up on me, Nyota. I liked how you started with the lovely memories and transitioned to what Bail and Breha could have been as Grandparents. Bitter sweet indeed. But leave it Han to recognize her state and to sit with her wordless and kiss her tears away. [face_love]:leia::han:

Kiss to wake up to - Cute and sexy drabble. Still weird to think of Luke Skywalker and physical intimacy, but just my stubborn subconscious thinking Luke should have been the celibate warrior monk. But, I got over that a long time ago. :p

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your fics bring a sweetness and harmony to the SW universe that even Disney is not able to show. Thanks for making me smile!!!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    bitter sweet with Han and Leia musing about Bail and Breha
    and Luke Mara YUMMY I like the old times

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    From 50 Kisses #15. A Passionate Kiss & #16. A kiss as an apology

Jacen and Jaina had disassembled the nanny droid, and Anakin was taking advantage of their distraction to finish the last beeble-berry pastry.

Their parents had gone to a diplomatic function – much to Han's undisguised reluctance. He had done so only after Leia agreed they would stay no more than a couple hours.

He succeeded in embarrassing Leia with rude, but accurate, comments about Bothan politicians and her stony silence on the ride back chastised him for his tactlessness.

"Aw, c'mon, Leia, you should be used to my … outspokenness by now," Han said, placatingly.

Leia scowled. "Just because I'm used to it doesn't mean I appreciate it! I bet you said all those things so we'd leave before the agreed-upon time."

"Would I do that?" He asked.

"Yes, you would."

When they returned, they found the kids oh-so-innocently hard at work on their Galactic Cultures essays.

Jaina asked her Mom to look hers over once it was finished, and Leia welcomed the distraction.

"I picked the Lasat," Jaina explained. "I always thought that was an interesting culture, since they disappeared without a trace not so long ago."

Leia frowned in thought. "There're rumors that there are still some around, but so far it's unsubstantiated, but there's no shortage of intriguing legends about them." She skimmed the essay and said approvingly, "Very well-thought out about the philosophy and myths."

"Where's the beeble-berry pie?" Han asked, "There was one slice left in the conservitor."

"Well…" Anakin said, "I kinda ate it."

Leia was about to comment that she hoped it didn't give him a tummy ache when she stepped on something that went "crunch." She picked it up and asked, "This looks like a servo-circuit, to what I wonder?" Her keen glance didn't miss a single corner of the common room. "I thought the nanny droid was conspicuously absent." She pierced the twins with a hard look. "Care to enlighten us?"

Jaina and Jacen favored their mother with very guileless expressions, which didn't fool her in the slightest. She told them in no uncertain terms to put it back together again.

Han got Anakin to sleep by telling the story of the 3 Ewok Cubs sailing over their moonworld.

(Jacen and Jaina were much too old for bedtime tales.)
    Han hated being on the outs with Leia; figured a bouquet of pink Nabooian lillies sent to Leia's office with a mooka-eyed puppy gif should help smooth things over.

Leia smiled when she saw the fragrant bouquet. She knew exactly whom they were from. She debated briefly about making him sweat, but decided against it.

As soon as she entered their conapt, he gave her a kiss in apology for good measure, which she turned into a passionate one.

The kids saw them lip-locked and exchanged fond eye-rolls, being more than used to such displays.

This impromptu bit of family /couple fun is particularly for @Findswoman @};- [face_mischief]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    naughty kids and Leia and Han are great as parents.
    Leia knows how to handle them and Han

17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Awww, Ny! This was so absolutely sweet of you and such a day brightener during tough and stressful times—chock full of not only quintessential crazy, chaotic Solo family fun but also H/L sweetness just as it was meant to be. [face_love] Plus such a wonderfully sweet Lasan cameo—what a smile that gave me when I saw it! (And yes, Jaina, some of them are still around, indeed! :D ) Thank you so much for this delightful story and this caring gesture. [:D]

18. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    This was so sweet! [face_love]

I’m glad Leia didn’t hold a grudge too long. But then how could she stay mad at her gorgeous apologetic husband. :p

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Too true. [face_love]

mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to @Mira_Jade for the following yummy sentence prompt:
    Why haven't you kissed me yet?
    Timeframe: After ROTJ
    Pairing: Rexoka

~

Seeing Rex again was something of a shock. It was as if no time and an eternity of time had elapsed. Ahsoka was speechless (which was nowhere near her typical), until she met Rex's eyes and saw there the gleam of happy relief, and then they started talking over one another and finishing one another's sentences, exactly as if no time had passed at all. The lovely Bakuran sunset was the backdrop for this surprising, but not unwelcome, encounter.

She told him of the rebuilding of the Jedi on Lothal and Ossus and how Hera Syndulla's family was thriving. He recounted how he was helping refugees and she smiled softly, knowing that he could never stand aside and not help the downtrodden.

"Will you be settling anywhere, Rex?" Ahsoka asked when their reciprocal catch-up was concluded. "Or will you be going here and there?"

He sighed, as he considered her question. "On the one hand, it's what I'm used to, and yet, I'd like to get accustomed to being in one spot for more than a minute. I guess you're more or less settled on Lothal?"

"Yes," Ahsoka replied, "The novelty of quiet serenity hasn't worn off yet." She laughed. "I doubt I will ever get my filll."

Rex favored her with a gentle perusal. He admired her courage and compassion, the humor that had never ever been snuffed out by the hard things she'd seen and been through.

"Never did I think to see you again," Rex said with his innate candor, "But I always hoped I would."

She flushed with pleasure. "Then we'll have to make sure to do so on purpose, rather than coincidentally."

He suggested, "Maybe I need to stop over on Lothal for a while, see how it suits."

"I'd like that," Ahsoka said, and made as if to leave when Rex stopped her with a gesture.

Rex didn't want to part with a handshake or a comradely slap on the shoulder. What he really wanted was to leave her with a promise of a lot of tomorrows, so he grasped her by the shoulders and drew her close...

Ahsoka sensed his intent either via the Force or through some kind of unspoken knowing because of their history, so she only half-teased, "Why haven't you kissed me yet?"

So he did, and a happy thrill tingled through her montrals all the way into her heart, setting a glow that would never be lost again.

++++

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see those two happy after the galaxy shattering events

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: For @Jâd Sphera who supplied the following 3 desired elements:
    1. irresistible attraction
    2. no gender roles
    3. unbreakable loyalty

Note #2: Includes the sentence prompt: "Why are you glowing?"

@};-

~~

"Just Can't Help It!"

I cannot believe how gorgeous Mara is! Luke thought as he watched Mara make her way across the crowded atrium for a NR function. She was wearing a form-hugging sparkly gown of the lightest blue, which made it look like the ocean did when touched by the early morning sun.

As she reached his side, she murmured, "Quit gawking, already!"

He laughed and drew her close as the music started, conveniently a slow dance.

"You know, I'm still amazed at how well you can dance," Mara teased, "that you do not have two left feet!"

Luke laughed again and nuzzled her throat, making her purr.

Mara said, "Quit that, or I'll have to drag you out of here ..."

"Do you promise?" Luke rejoined, and her green eyes flashed with amusement, and he could tell she was more than ready to take up the challenge.

He nibbled her earlobe, and she obliged by drawing him out onto the nearest balcony and behind one of the pillars situated there in order to share breathless kisses.

"A Joyful Discovery"

When Mara found out she was pregnant, she was at once terrified and elated. Apparently, the latter won out for Luke asked, "Why are you glowing?"

"I went to the Healers today and found out what I've suspected ... we're going to be parents."

Luke let out a most undignified whoop and twirled her around exuberantly, then set her down hastily, with a look of consternation.

Mara laughed. "Luke, I'm not going to break, and you'd better not treat me like fragile porcelain!"

Her glower let him know she meant it! "OK, OK, I won't..."

Mara continued to perform the katas she always had and taught the courses at the Praxeum that she had always been tasked with, for which she was very grateful.

"A Plan Put Into Motion"

Mara was a stalwart ally when it came to putting forward their idea for mobile Jedi teams. She always liked that idea and when the NR government put up objections, Luke didn't so much back down as look as if he would give to get a little. But Mara wasn't about to give at all; if they caved even a little bit, they would be easy pickings whenever the next big issue came along.

"We have to show them how important this is," she insisted, and Luke let her take the lead, and it turned out she was right.

They got the backing they needed to start the initiative and before you knew it, there were teams out in the field. The first were Kyp and Sevrina and their apprentices.

"Thank you for helping me push back, Mara," Luke said earnestly.

"You're more than welcome," Mara answered, "After dealing with smugglers and pirates and other opportunists, politicians are an easy sell."

++++

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  23. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018

I love all of it! [face_love]

"Just Can't Help It!" - It made me sigh [face_tee_hee] So nice to read these two giving free rein to what they feel for each other. You did a very good job at portraying their irresistible attraction :cool:

"A Joyful Discovery" - Oh! Luke is so sweet! And Mara so sure of herself as always and so realistic and to the point. She knows exactly how to put Luke's feet and mind where these need to be. ;) You did such a great job with this! =D=

"A Plan Put Into Motion" - Yes! Luke will always trust Mara and Mara will always trust Luke. They have each other's back, always.

Thank you so much for this treat! It was a great read. It put a smile on my face and butterflies in my heart. [face_love][face_love] =D= [:D]
    :yoda:

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the banter between Luke and Mara

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Pairing: Anakin/Tahiri
    Includes this fun sentence prompt: "Is that what's supposed to happen?"

--
    Tahiri came rushing into Anakin's quarters at the Praxeum full of enthusiasm when she built her own lightsaber.

"Let me see!" Anakin begged, as excited as she was.

She lit the blade and its effulgent emerald color filled the room.

Anakin exclaimed: "It's lovely, Tahiri! Well done!"

She deactivated it, beaming at his pleasure and congratulations, and he spun her around and then kissed her lightly, sharing her joy and conveying his fondness.

Always one to tease, Tahiri asked, "Is that what's supposed to happen when you kiss someone?"

Anakin flushed. "Well, I don't know. What'd you expect to happen?"

Tahiri grinned, her green eyes full of mischief. She pulled him close and kissed him with authority.

"Wow!" Anakin breathed when they parted finally. "Now that's what I call something special!"

++++

[face_laugh]

mayo_durron_666 and Mira_Jade like this.