main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not sure what "videogamey epic-braaahh" is in feel, but it sure is a better storyline than most Star Wars stories out there.

@starfish Technically none of the Revan video game stuff is canon actually, though he has appeared in Clone Wars..... but what I was saying is that one of the videogames that have Revan in it (SWTOR) has him as a male. He is not a playable character, therefore you cannot make him a female character. He is a major component of a couple of storylines.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    As in, Revan's pretty much representative of the whole "duuuuude, Star Wars should be all grimdarkz" and "I want 500 people with lightsabers throwing down" crew, it's sort of beyond a cliche.

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    There is literally no human on this planet that has ever used these phrases, and Revan is most definitely not "grimdarkz", he is kind of the epitome of a grey character. And masterfully written. 500 people with lightsabers throwing down does not sound like a bad idea though. #stillbetterthanVIII

IgnusDei and Tython Awakening like this.
  4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Well, for now it’s all speculation. But if they were to make an adaptation they would most likely use the first game, in which Revan is the protagonist and the player chooses whether Revan is a man or woman. So I could see them casting the part to anyone.

But it also does highlight the challenge of adapting an rpg game, where one of the main elements is allowing the player to makes their own decisions and create their own story, there’s no one correct way to play the story. Making a movie means the writers will have to pick which story to tell, a pretty difficult thing in my opinion. I think I would prefer them to just create an original story with new characters.

I do very much love the idea of a film or series of films set in time period though.

Seeher likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Watch the John Wick trilogy. Not only is it a spectacular action series but Keanu is very good in them. Far from goofy.

DarthFixxxer and starfish like this.
  6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    First one's awesome, anyway. Sequels are kinda lesser-than, other than the crazy action.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Only true Conehead fans like me and Darth Smurf understand such sophisticated references.

Seeher and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Dan Aykroyd (man I can never spell that melonfarmer's name) in a Star Wars story would be awesome. He's already got the nutty true-believer "aliens are here! now!" thing going on. "There are three ghosts in my living room, right now too!"

Just drop Dan on Coruscant for a story, have him walk around the place and his mind melt down at all the spaceships & galactic muppets.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't get the reference, but french people look strange and those guys are obviously French :p

Seeher and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think it would be really cool to see the First Jedit the first sith and how that came about, I would love to see something like that trailer we got awhile back for the knights of the old republic video game it had an epic story about a daughter who was kidnapped and taught the dark side of the force something like that would be really interesting but seeing the first sith and jedi would be really cool.

Shaak Ti and wobbits like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Aw, man. You could’ve just rolled with it! :)

Here’s some education for all. The Conehead’s cover story in the movie is that they are immigrants from France. Most people think that’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for their head shape.

Shaak Ti and Siphonophore like this.
  12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I once went to a graduation party that had the theme of "international". I picked up a costume pack that was labled as Frenchie. It consisted of a blue and white horizontally striped shirt, a red and white checkered neckerchief, and a black beret. Sprucing up my costume, I added a conehead skullcap. It was ridiculous having the beret at the very top of the conehead. I also wore pants.
    On-topic..... I'd like a live-action film involving the characters in the Droids animated series. Perhaps Michael Gross or Kenny Loggins as Mungo Baobab, Danny DeVito as Uncle Gundy, Kyle Gass as Jord Dusat, Jack Black as Kybo Ren, Damian Lewis as Thall Joben, Mary Lynn Rajskub as Kea Moll, Ken Watanabe as Tig Fromm. I'll have to think about the rest of the cast. Oh.... Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Man, I have seen that movie twice ages ago - and could not remember that.
    Still, french people look strange :p
    [​IMG]

....at least Darth Depardieu

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Whoa whoa whoa. Dat's raycists.

Depardieu's funny anyway. With his playing Obelix, and drunkenly peeing on planes and such.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    An Anthology film simply titled Luke.

I would like this film to take place just before and including when Ben Solo turns to the Dark Side and the subsequent events that unfold at the Jedi temple on "that" night. The climax is when Luke confronts Ben in his room and the aftermath leading to the end of the film includes the scene with R2 and Luke sending Leia an emotional message in what has happened and mentions he is off to find the first Jedi temple.

The character conflict throughout the film is mainly between Luke and Ben because of Luke's increasing awareness of the growing darkness within Ben. Additional conflict is between Ben and some of the other students; especially during training scenes where Ben continuely has moments in going "overboard".

For me, a film like this would be brilliant because we see Luke at the height of his powers, we see him training students, we see his Jedi Temple and we get tremendous on-screen perspective of the events that unfolded "that" night. You can even have some sort of special Jedi training missions where we get to see some pretty great uses of the Force to complete the mission.

You have cameo's from Han (and Chewie) - who makes a few trips to see his son and have some great private conversations with Luke where he expresses his concerns about the darkness in Ben. In this way, we get to see the reunion happen on-screen between Han and Lukem

I would throw money at Hamill and Ford to make this happen and I would hope they would take it up because it is a chance to work with each other one last time. I would also throw money at Driver to also get it done.

Another cameo (in voice) may be Palpatine as well.

I would love to see this.

16. IgnusDei

IgnusDei Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2019
    I just want one movie titled Star Wars: Dark Forces.

Bring Kyle back, damn it.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    While it may not be a Feature film in the sense, I wouldn't mind a Post Episode IX tv series, showing the Resistance rebuilding the new Republic....again. Have Finn and Poe do their buddy cop thing. (If they survive that is).

black_saber and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

[​IMG]

The only Kyle that belongs in Star Wars.

19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I like to see star Wars films and tv shows take place hundreds or thousands of years into the future after the events of the rise of skywalker.

Thousands of years in the future called Knights of the new Republic and for hundreds years after The Rise of Skywalker can be legacy reboot. Cade skywalker reboot story would be awesome just like the old legends material.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Kyyyyyyyyyyyle. The cool one.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh OK... yes, that part confused me too. :p

Darth Chiznuk and TCF-1138 like this.