main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Nobody's saying set it on a single planet.

That's different to hyperspace being a thing. Pretty clearly the GFFA planets/moons are more closely-aligned/accessible in general than they are here for real. Set it in a single quadrant, maybe where the Jedi & Sith first originated as a fracture of an original group. They can travel, but it's the equivalent of weeks-and-weeks in a scurvy-ridden sailship when compared to what's available in the GFFA we've seen. Distances are limited, galaxy hasn't completely opened up yet, there might be 3 or 4 species aware of one another but there's no huge linked society just yet.

2. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I don't follow this topic, what's the current news on this? Have they decided on a definite timeline?

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Nothing is known.
    A movie in 2022, but who's movie? We don't know.

But then Rian has suggested that his movies don't have a set timetable, so maybe 2022 is not his. I'd expect him to be well into it if it was his movie.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I'll give you Tales of the Jedi, and there are certainly the odd iconic design, but apart from TOTJ the designs are much more applicable to the 'modern' SW period. Most the designs of that period during the EU look far too close to the current films.

5. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    "Modernization" happened after The Great Hyperspace War in the EU. I'm familiar with the reaction above. New hyperspace routes were discovered. The KOTOR ship designs I'm thinking of right now satisfy me for uniqueness.

There is an unknown SW film set for 2022 according to Disney. Disney is the ultimate authority on what screenplays get greenlit for filming. The first film in a trilogy takes longer to develop.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Dave and Dan did a panel today I put a few highlights from it.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but do they say anything about SW?

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

No mostly GOT related

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Then why is it being posted here?

DarthBray likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's Dave and Dan related and it's good to know what there thought process is so we get a good sense of what they will be like when handling a Star Wars.

12. tymaux

tymaux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 21, 2019
    Those tweets were written by known D&D hater. I would wait for video to see real context of what they said.

For example, this "information" that they didn't write outlines for the show is completely ridiculous. Because of course they did. Some of them even leaked over the years.

And the thing sounds really biased with the intention to make them look bad.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    2022 definitely not RJ. And at this rate I'm having doubts Weiss&Benioff get their film/trilogy. LFL comes off as very reactionary and the bad taste from GOT fans seem like the type to influence them.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. It’s bull. If you dig around a little on Twitter, you’ll see that this person is dramatically skewing what they heard. So sick of people like this on social media.

Troy_Viszla, Demon4x4 and tymaux like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Iger actually did confirm that the 2022 film is D&D's.

tymaux and chrcharcor2 like this.
  16. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Regardless of whether a director is attached to 2022, the time period, story, actors, and film locations are unknown. If someone claims to know these things, I would need a reference to believe them. Without these things confirmed by Disney, the director or creative team can change.

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Agreed. And with Feige now in the mix I'd bet he starts off the next movie and/or trilogy more than anyone else, even with Iger saying D&D would be it.

18. tymaux

Sep 21, 2019
    So we should trust in "report" of person who clearly made it, so it can cause outrage among Benioff and Weiss' haters? That person even retweeted outraged posts lol.

It's like a witch hunt. There is no proof that this was said, there is no context for these words, just the intention to portray them as incompetent idiots and even child abusers, which I found disgusting.

This reminds me in a way to PT backlash, but on a smaller scale, where it wasn't enough for people to just hate George Lucas. They had to prove that he never had anything to do with the success of Star Wars in the first place.

And this is the same. These people can't hate just the last season. They now need to prove that Benioff and Weiss had nothing to do with success of Game of Thrones at all. They think turning the books that even George Martin considered to be unadaptable into the biggest show in the world and huge pop culture phenomenon is something every other idiot could do.

GoT fans that are still active online act like angry mob. If someone wrote that Benioff killed someone, they would instantly believe it.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Bob Iger is the CEO of Disney. He confirmed it.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-2022-movie-game-of-thrones-creators-1203214646/

It may change but for right now the 2022 film is confirmed to be the GoT guys and we've heard nothing that indicates otherwise yet.

20. tymaux

Sep 21, 2019
    I agree that it can change, but that needs to happen very soon if they don't want to rush production of new trilogy, like they did with ST.

Bob Iger said it will happen. He congratulated Benioff and Weiss on GoT finale, George Lucas was on GoT set. I see no reason why it won't happen. Faces of new movies won't really be Benioff and Weiss but new actors. And if D&D cast Brie Larson or someone like that in main role the entire liberal Twitter mob that now hates them will lick their asses again.

I hope they bring Sapochnik to direct their movies and Ramin to do music. He created probably the most iconic TV soundtrack of all time for GoT. Who is better to replace John Williams?

21. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I believe you but only because you insist that I must believe. (yes, I did a keyword search for 'lucas game of thrones set).

Is that still belief?

[hushed low voice] And then we have an RJ SW trilogy in alternating years or whenever RJ can squeeze in the time to film a trilogy. Since his trilogy is 'approved,' such logic dictates its filming will be back-to-back-to-back (3 films). And then Disney will set up a release date for Rian when he is done.

There is currently a problem with announcing new SW trilogies. [face_liarliar] Lucasfilm has lost its credibility to me. A three-film commitment is too difficult to project.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    stop using your Jedi mind tricks to make me believe you @Darth Chiznuk :p

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Let the Rain Johnson isn't going to his trilogy now rumors commence again even though there isn't any correlation between the two.

DarthBray likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.