main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Are Most Star Wars fans and youtube trolls happy to see the show runners of Game of Thrones exit there Star Wars trilogy due to the backlash of game of thrones season 8?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    These are all nice ideas, but I think it is a mistake to focus only on the bad/grey characters. In my opinon for a real future of Star Wars it is as important to invest into strong protagonists (good guys/girls). ;)

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    ^ Off topic as of 2 nights ago (not nightangel's post, but the above)

[​IMG]

5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Considering that I don't have psychic powers, and have no idea what complete strangers all over the world are thinking, I'm going to say I have no idea.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This seems like a failure on your part. Try harder. :p

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    So, I'm going to be honest: I don't really want a movie or any other canon media depiction of the Jedi's origins, regardless of who's making it. That's one of those things that I'd rather just not know about. I'm good simply knowing they are the Jedi, they exist, they have existed for thousands of years, and their mortal enemies are the Sith. I'm fine with having just that. My other issue, which I guess isn't much of an issue anymore, is not trusting Benioff & Weiss to tell that story. I'm not on the "nothing good in Game of Thrones is attributable to them" bandwagon, I think that's a ridiculous line of thinking, but I do definitely think they're not quite as smart as they believe themselves to be, and I've been less than fond of some of the rationales they've given for their creative decisions. So if that's what one of the core creative differences was between them and the Lucasfilm team, I'd rather they take the route of being very, very careful with how that story is told. Because although I'd prefer it not to be told at all, if it's going to be told, that's a story that will have wide-ranging ramifications for the entire franchise for as long as it exists, and it will inevitably recontextualize what is currently 42 years worth of material.

On the other hand, if the fandom's toxicity is to blame, then that's just sad. It's impossible to deny that the fandom has become incredibly and disgustingly toxic and volatile over the past few years, on a publicly recognized scale, and the fact that it's scaring away writers and directors —Christopher McQuarrie all but said it's the reason he'd never touch one of these movies— then that's nothing but bad news for fans who want talented creatives attached to this series.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Maybe if all you mods put all your mind powers together, like a Jedi battle meditation? :p

Darkslayer and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well as I've said previously the intensity of the fan reaction to these projects, combined with the inevitable toxic responses from some, is having a cooling effect upon those who want to contribute to this franchise. The fact that that's one of the reasons that they apparently left is pretty damning.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, let's not have this argument. Move on.

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Me, I’d love a Dawn of the Jedi movie series.

Shame about the GoT gents leaving, but my opinionated self will eventually catch up with the Disney+ shows and cast the movies aside. Bring on the Kenobi and Cassian Andor series please.

If someone does something in a new era, cool. And, yes I’d like good and bad beings please.

Bor Mullet and Tython Awakening like this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Once it was announced that they had signed the Netflix deal it didn't take a great deal of foresight to suggest that their work with LFL might be in question. It's important to remember the reasons for these a lot of these predictions appear to be off the mark - this is yet more of KK pulling the plug which the vast majority of people have been critical of and doesn't appear to have anything to do with KK's failure with Solo or other developmental problems.

TCF-1138 , zackm and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Ok but why is it that Kathleen Kennedy keeps hire and fire directors?

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Again, WE DON'T KNOW. Everyone is only speculating.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Because like George Lucas she hates you.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    You don't know that. Even Yoda cannot see their hate.
    [​IMG]

EHT, Master_Lok, TCF-1138 and 5 others like this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'll tell you what, SW fans are gonna bloody end up destroying SW.

19. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Are we sure Feige didn't fire them? Pretty sure I heard he's in charge now.

20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If Disney does decide to go pre-republic/Sith route first I wonder how they will handle the hypdrive matter since Star Wars is known for human and alien interaction.

Their are a few options.

1. The first Jedi that built their temple on Ahch-To with access to early hyperdrives. In the period they exist but galactic civilizations have yet to use them to create the old republic.

2. The Jedi on Ahch-To predate any hyperdives. They would be products of a earlier colony mission with sleeper ships. Though that would mean far less diversity of sentient species then what we are used to.

3. The Jedi predate man made hyperdrives, only certain ancient aliens have access to them. Said aliens can then bring several other species to the Ahch-To system. This is what the Legends did in the comic Dawn of the Jedi with the Tho Yor and Rakata.

Option 3 is my preferred choice. It allows humans and traditional aliens to interact before their is common usage of the hyperdrive. Also keeping said human and other inhabits stuck to just one solar system for awhile which creates various story differences to current Star Wars.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I hope your right. But on the other hand we have to see how his movie does first.

22. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
  23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I didn’t care for this idea anyway. I liked GOT for a while but then it went off the rails. I’m ok with nothing from these 2.

24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I guess it’s up to the rise of skywalker to fix things. Adam driver did once say it maybe Disneys last chance turn things around.

I was looking forward to the trilogy from David benioff and db wiess and found out that they were busy doing projects under Netflix contract at the moment which could explain why they left lucasfilm

Kathleen Kennedy did say they are welcome to come back. I just found out about that like 20 minutes ago.

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I can't see their choice of story would be a problem. Afterall they were signed on make it.

In that famous Timeline graphic they deliberately extended the line out beyond both before Phantom and after Rise. I figured that was a hint of their plans.

IMHO, it's all about them being all in on their Netflix stuff.

BigAl6ft6 and black_saber like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.