main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar 2.0 (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: A New Breed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    It sure is. ;)

darthbernael and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ... I'm so tempted :p I'm super busy at the moment but I am so joining this one day ;)

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Walks in and sets down bag of ten active main characters* What is this? Too busy? Jooinn Uuusss @ThisIsMe1138

:p

4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Listen to @Mitth_Fisto you should. :yoda:

ThisIsMe1138 and darthbernael like this.
  5. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Oof I really want to [face_laugh]

I'll think about it ;)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yeeesss!!

[​IMG]
    Come and play with us!!!

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Sith-I-5

"not Windows Vista."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl]

Loved that. Brilliant.

Ameteth likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I looked up the clip of the IT Crowd to identify the operating system:

9. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Totally cracking up at The IT Crowd- The Robot vid, this is hilarious!!!!! [face_laugh][face_rofl]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @Mitth_Fisto

I do so enjoy reading SGC's unique view points on events and situations. A view too often overlooked. :)

Ameteth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @darthbernael

I'm curious. Do you pronounce Daken's name Dah-Ken or Day-Ken?

Ameteth and darthbernael like this.
  12. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    @greyjedi125

LOL a question many people have of how it's pronounced. I tend to pronounce it as Dah-ken, partially because I also speak Flemish and that's how a "short a" is pronounced in that language.

Sent from the void of space

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok, good. We pronounce it the same. :)

Ameteth and darthbernael like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    What is a 'Baxter Building-type facility?'

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @greyjedi125 - yes, I know what the Baxter Building was; I researched a Marvel wiki in preparation for joining the game.

A recent post in the game thread refers to a 'Baxter Building-type facility?'

I don't know what that is. I assume if 'skyscraper' was meant, that would have been written.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ah.....

It was always a skyscraper, seeing its a building in Manhattan, but yes. Not everyone is automatically familiar with certain marvel factoids. Understood.

So, the Baxter Building in NYC was attacked and is now being reconstructed. Its scientific and R&D departments have been temporarily relocated to the west coast.
    Should you need any other specific information, feel free to PM me.

[face_peace]

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Ameteth likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @HanSolo29 , @Sinrebirth , @Sith-I-5

My friends, I have not forgotten about you. I shall continue your arcs after the 'Halloween parade' scene. Please bear with me, and thanks.

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @galactic-vagabond422

Feel free to put up a post if you have time. The Update will be up much later, so you have ample time if you choose to post. W00T!!

[face_peace]

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  21. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    GM Approved.

Name: Monin Bellascort

Codename: The Ouro/Starbrand

[​IMG]

Height: 6'5

Weight: 217 lbs

Likes: Expensive clothes, space travel and flight, treasure, rooftops, and magic

Dislikes: Villains, politics, those who stand in the way of progress and government.

Personality: Calm, talkative, enjoys a drink and a laugh with large groups of people. Overly curious and obsessive over discovering new things. Enjoys being the focus of attention, but does not outright desire it. Quick to action once he has set a course.

Basic Abilities: Limited Inorganic Transmutation: Can change the shape and chemical composition of inorganic objects through touch.

Inheritor of the Star Brand granting him: Flight, enhanced durability, superhuman strength, energy absorption and projection.

Bio: Monin Bellascort was born in rural Virginia to Elijah and Mona Bellascort. He was an intelligent and supernaturally gifted child. His parents discovered his ability to change the doorknob to ashe or the metal silverware to wood at the age of 7 and treated these abilities as gifts from God. They taught Monin to always help those he could, with or without his gift, and to always thank the lord for his abilities. Monin, however, was a nonbeliever and decided to use the gifts to lift his parents out of rural poverty by turning bricks into gold bars and rocks into diamonds. His parents then moved to New York and Monin was educated at NYU before becoming a producer of Broadway plays and a talent scout. The stars of Broadway were not the only stars that Monin was meant to interact with. One night years ago during the Second Latverian Cataclysm(unbeknownst to Monin) on the rooftop of his apartment building, Monin was struck by a great white beam of light and heard the voice of the now missing Kevin Connor, the Starbrand of this universe. Kevin only spoke these words: "To the inheritor of the Star Brand: Find me and Save me."

These words mean nothing to Monin, but he decided that he would indeed find out what happened to Kevin Connor and would use the Star Brand to become the hero "The Ouro" in the absence of heroes of earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Sinrebirth , greyjedi125 and Ameteth like this.
  23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM Note: [face_frustrated]

Currently under the yoke of holiday madness. It will be over soon. Will try to have something up sooner.

24. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Guess who's back...again. [face_mischief]:p

Edit: And there goes post #19,000! ....w00t.

Character Sheet

Name: Cameron Giles
    Codename: Gemini
    Hair: Black and Short
    Eyes: Light Green
    Height: 6’4”
    Weight: 245 lbs.
    Dislikes: Deceit, Chaos, Immaturity, The Unknown
    Personality: Honest, straightforward, and likable when off duty. Likes to smile, joke, and ‘hang out’ in small groups of close friends. On duty he is straightforward, efficient, and a mask of professionalism. At times he is deceptive and constantly mirroring his personality to that which fits the situation…and inwardly hates it.

Appearance: [​IMG]

Basic Abilities: Personal Cloning & Invisibility
    Bio: Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Cameron J. Giles has always been an upstanding, law abiding citizen. He was smart and always craving a good education so he could find ways of moving America and the world itself, forward.

He reveled as all others did at those with mutant and superhuman powers…and yes, feared a little too. As he grew up, he eventually attended Colorado University for a little while before being snatched up by recruiters from an organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. There he attended a prestigious, if secret, academy and then entered the Infiltration and Espionage Division. Cameron rose through the ranks steadily until now he stands above most. Deputy Director. And he fully intends to use its power for the cause of good.

When the Registration Act began, while S.H.I.E.L.D clearly knew of his abilities that had manifested in his early teens already due to their use on their behalf, he stood up and as a show of loyalty, 'officially' registered as an act of lawful devotion. He still has the picture of him and Tony Stark Jr. smiling and shaking hands for a photo shoot to commemorate him being among the first Registered, on his wall at his SHIELD personal quarters.

His most vivid memory now that his life has taken a Metaphoric turn, was when he was thirteen and was still experimenting with his powers. As he came out of invisibility and ran away from a girls locker room that he had been spying on at the time (he has thankfully banished all such immature actions due to growing up), he stumbled upon a man seemingly waiting for him. A man in a unique wheelchair. "Hello, Cameron," the man said pleasantly with a smile, "My name is Charles Xavier, I was wondering if we could talk for a moment?"

However, that was when his older brother Anthony appeared around the corner and hollered for him to get going; eyeing Professor Xavier apprehensively. Without thinking, Cameron hastened to obey after apologizing to the man. He never saw him again, likely due to something of greater significance having distracted the mutant professor immediately afterward. Cameron had thus been nearly an X-Men member.

S.H.I.E.L.D is glad they have him instead. And even more now that things have gotten even more chaotic…

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  25. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.