main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We all know the truth but now the whole userbase will know. You're welcome ;)

Bor Mullet, TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  3. Davrum

Davrum Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    The first time I watched it I found Jyn a little too cold but when I re-watched it she really clicked for me and by now I love her.

4. Force Projection

Force Projection Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2019
    Cassian was my favorites, the multiple layers to his character is undeniable, which I think is why we are getting a series focused around him. Plus it’s Diego Luna!

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    One of today's most underrated actors. I think this show will propel him far.

jeangreyforever likes this.
  6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The results on this poll please me. I do think that the best 3 characters are Jyn Erso, K2SO and Chirrut Imwe, and they are definitely my 3 favorite.

I could never resonate with a character such as Cassian Andor, and I think that if there is any overacting in this movie, that's where you will find it, but he is definitely a memorable presence, so that's always positive for me. I also liked Saw Gerrera a lot.

7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I thought if anyone would be called overacting in RO, it would be Saw Gerrera. Cassian seemed one of more subdued characters, I think.

jeangreyforever, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, that’s objectively nonsense. Overacting is just not a description that’s applicable to Diego Luna. If anything, you could say he underacts.

jeangreyforever likes this.
  9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't believe how little love my man Saw is getting. That guy is antagonist and protagonist and mentor. He's creepy, sad, heroic, tragic, and highly memorable all at the same time. He has the coolest pet since the Rancor. He's also quotable. "Lies! Deception!" has been posted on here A LOT in the last couple of years. It's already an old Star Wars standard. You guys are a tough crowd.

[​IMG]

themoth, Chancellor Yoda, EHT and 3 others like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And just the fact that he's a TCW character that was brought into live action played by Forest Whitaker makes him worthy of some extra points.

11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    He is overacting as Cassian Andor. Too much drama. Good to see you're open to discussing it though.

Hey I mentioned him!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This is a hard choice between Jyn and Chirrut. I love them both, but I'm going to give it to Jyn. I think Chirrut is a better-written character, but Felicity Jones' performance elevates Jyn to another level. That scene where she watches the hologram of her father is the closest I've gotten to crying during a Star Wars movie.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think you’re talking about a script issue, which gives Cassian a lot of serious, dramatic moments without any levity in between. Which is something that can legitimately be argued (and I kind of agree that he could’ve gotten a few more scenes in which he was less tightly wound). But that’s because of the writing, not the acting. He objectively doesn’t overact, chew up scenery, etc. He’s understated throughout. That’s not really debatable.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I saw! (Get it?) But, I was talking about his low vote count.

Bor Mullet and DarthFixxxer like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I love Saw too. Just too many good characters in this movie, and it’s hard to pick. In almost any other movie, he’d be right at the top!

16. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Jyn and Cassian for me. But I also love K-2SO, Krennic, and Chirrut.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The main characters are great but have more exposition. I like the little guys who suggest lots of story or give a short, sharp performance.

So I always thought Bodhi Rook's character was most interesting and more so on repeat viewings - and voted for him - although K2SO was an instant hit.

Chancellor Yoda, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Riz Ahmed needs to be in more movies. He’s a natural.

Chancellor Yoda, DannyD and Sarge like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yeah, a great actor.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I really like Jyn and Cassian...but the more I watch this film, the more I am drawn to Baze. Such a well acted character!

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I’m not sure what it is, but he’s immediately likeable. Has an “honest face,” as my grandma used to say.

22. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    Really strange how people can watch the same performance and have completely opposite reactions.

I'm of the opinion that Diego's acting in R1 is among the best and most subtle in all of Star Wars; particularly the scene when he's describing his past. His face just tells layers of the story that are beyond the words...

Chancellor Yoda, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. And it really shouldn’t be a disputed opinion. Luna is widely considered to be one of the best young actors in the business. His performance in Rogue One is no exception.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Cassian Andor

K-2SO and Chirrut Îmwe are close seconds.

25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    He is literally screaming and preaching every time he needs to explain to Jyn (or anyone else) how we do things, because of X and Y. I don't see anything subtle about his acting in Rogue One. I am not disputing that he is a talented actor, nor am I saying that he was bad in Rogue One. But to say that he was exceptional is quite a stretch in my opinion.