main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Roll Out

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Who, the creators or the characters?

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Those two characters by the stairs [face_laugh]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Rey's boutta make some BANK. [face_money_eyes]

5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Rey had god mode turned on there.

8. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    These are getting progressively more unwatchable.

vong333 likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, because if there’s a time to rage about Rey’s skills, it’s at an animated show where everyone’s the shape of a ball.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    No rage here. If this is non-canon then I have no issue with it. But if the fact that Rey avoided being sucked into a machine that sucked the back end off a star destroyer that was further away behind her (and she avoided being hit by all that) is canon, then I call that god mode ridiculous. Imagine what that would look like with a realistic visual depiction. It would look something like Galen Marek's force abilities in The Force Unleashed.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, but it’s not a realistic visual depiction...that’s the point.

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I just described what happened without using any visual depiction. Do you change what happened to enable a realistic visualisation? Do you reduce the canon to just the fact that Rey was scavenging a wreck and some rivals were stealing her finds, and that she prevailed in the end?

13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Yup.

It's the same logic that you can take with something like The Freemaker Adventures. The broad strokes happened, but the minutia is different due to the medium.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Dude...a bit of unsolicited advice. You need to be more selective in what you choose to be annoyed about. This is a super-stylized child’s cartoon where everyone is shaped like a ball, and squeaks like a mouse. So obviously, even if it’s canon, the implication is that the real events would play a bit differently. Including that the characters don’t all turn into BB-units and sound like rodents.

15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Thank you but the advice is not necessary as I am not annoyed at all. I merely say whether I think something is good or not. I liked the BB-8's story and Chewbacca's story (which as I said before, actually made me laugh). I found Maz's story to be weaker, and Rey's story to be the weakest so far.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Even though I have regularly watched these, every time I see the title "Star Wars Roll Out', I never cease to somehow expect the thread to be about some new sleeping bag or inflatable bed.

Star Wars Roll Out:
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    These are getting almost no views now. This one with Fin is not good at all.

vong333 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    1000 is pretty decent for something like this. It's not exactly a series people are waiting at home for constantly pressing refresh.

Bor Mullet and Outsourced like this.
  21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm mixed on this, I understand that we are trying to bring in as many fans as possible and this I geared to a much younger type of fans. But one animation that kicked butt was the Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures. I wish they concentrated several episodes on the prequels and the sequel trilogy. Titmouse really did an awesome job there. Would have liked to see more and maybe a series commissioned by them. Niko and the Sword of Light was just pure awesome and my daughter loves it.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_dunno] What was that all about?

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I need Elan Sleazebaganno to explain this to me. But, sadly, he rethought his life. Now, there is no one who can comprehend it.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It was about how saving zombie droids that tried to kill you can help your career.