main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas felt betrayed by Disney

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by KING_KENOBI, Sep 24, 2019.

1. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    "Who, me?" *burp*
    [​IMG]

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    They're not 'rules' though. They're things we've picked up as fans and built up as rules in our minds. I mean, when was Lucas or the movies ever explicit about when TIEs are scrambled? I'd argue the movies show the exact opposite at points, such as when the Rebels attack the Death Star. The TIEs only come out after it's clear that the surface cannons can't hit them.

And is there, like, a rule against 'cringy' characters? It'd be pretty hard to argue that in a pulpy series like Star Wars.

Gai' Phó and KyleKartan like this.
  3. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Possibly but if the entire frame work of the film's which there were seven of them including The Force Awakens which operate by them the single one that does not sticks out like a sore thumb. That is all I have to say on that particular subject.

True enough there are no rules against cringy characters but everyone seems to be baffled as to why this films get ceiticsm and there are many many reasons. It was not the marketing g or the release dates of these film's. Some of them were just not that good.

4. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    ...but that's blatantly false. I literally mentioned how the very first movie in the series shows this.

Look, I don't care if you dislike the new movies. But dislike them for the right reasons. Not some arbitrary set of rules you've made up.

KyleKartan likes this.
  5. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    I have not made up anything. I'm just going by what I see. The Last Jedi does stick out like a sore thumb. The Force Awakens was a copy of a New Hope but it fits in.
    It is your opinion that it is false. It is my opinion that it is not. Let's agree to disagree.
    It is also my opinion that the femenist robot in Solo was just horrible. All I did was give my theories as to why I believe some of those film's did so bad and got the criticsms that they did. The criticsms are legitimate.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  6. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Why is my Death Star example not valid? How does that fit into the rule?

I don't really care what you think if L3. I liked her, I get why other people don't. Whatever.

I'M talking entirely about the 'rules' that The Last Jedi broke. Specifically, that TIE Fighters are always deployed first.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    This is off topic but that's 100% not happening.

Bacon164 and Outsourced like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Star Wars space combat is based on WW2 naval combat. Capital ships being vulnerable to aircraft carrying bombs and torpedoes, and aircraft being the first weapon to be in range, were the first to be used.
    The Death Star was not a ship though. It was thought to be invulnerable to small weapons carried by snub fighters so had no need to defend against them because none would ever choose to attack it.

Outsourced likes this.
  9. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    There! A reasoned response! Thank you Blackhole. I don't know if I completely agree, but I definitely see where you're coming from.

10. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Wow...that was rude and arrogant.

RayO1 and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  11. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    How is that rude or arrogant? I simply stated that he had his opinion and I had
    mine. Instead of arguing in a circular conversation until the end of time that's what my thoughts on the matter was.
    How is that not happening? It's not happening today but he's retiring in 2021. Iger will be 70 then. He is 68 right now. Feighe has done a remarkable job with Marvel. That in and of itself counts for a heck of a lot.
    By the way I'm not comparing Marvel and Star Wars or trying to take this thread off topic. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm not saying Feige hasn't done a remarkable job with Marvel. He's not even a senior level executive at Disney though nor does he have any shareholder experience (two things they're probably going to look for in the successor). Not to mention If there were to name him as CEO, you'd probably see a few C-level employees resign shortly thereafter. It's an enormous jump from being a movie producer to running a $250B conglomerate.

RayO1 and heels1785 like this.
  13. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    Well he has a little time to learn those things. Who is to say he has not been learning those things already? As I said it's not happening tomorrow. Have a lovely day.

14. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    You baisicly said: Iam right, you are wrong. That is rude and arrogant to me

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    RayO1 and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  15. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    How wude!

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Discuss the posts, not the posters.

Tython Awakening and LAJ_FETT like this.
  17. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Force Awakens doesn't even fit in. You go from happy ending in RoTJ to "Wait? Why the hell is the Empire back? Didn't they defeat them in the last movie?" in TFA.

Just awful storytelling.

18. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Film school versus MBA, unless you are George Lucas or Steven Spielberg. Feige has popularized the MCU beyond what it was. But that does not make him a Lucas.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I think there has been a misunderstanding. Felicia did not say that she thinks the other person is wrong. She said that the other person's opinion is that Felicia's previous statement (about TFA and TLJ) is false. And that she does not think her statement is false (it would be pretty strange if she did think that)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  20. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah when I liked @KyleKartan's post I read @Felicia's as "It is your opinion that is false. It is my opinion that is not." Sorry about that @Felicia, Kyle probably misread it the same way it seems.

21. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    I keep making this complaint about The Empire Strikes Back, but no one listens.

Outsourced and Bacon164 like this.
  22. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    The transition from ANH to Empire is different. Sure, the Death Star was destroyed, but the Empire wasn't defeated for good.

Jedi destroys the Death Star, kills off Vader, and kills off the big head honcho of the Empire, the Emperor.

Biiiig difference.

Count Yubnub and DarthFixxxer like this.
  23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    ...The Empire was defeated "for good".

The FO's like one-hundredth of what the Empire was by the time TFA rolls around, probably less. The galaxy's been at peace for 26 years post-RotJ, and still-stable-but-with-an-uprising for another 6 after that, before Starkiller goes off.

Nah, was just pointless defeating the Empire. A whole generation of peace?! Should've just left 'em in power, no good came from their demise. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Dawud786 and Outsourced like this.
  24. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    World War 2 does make World War 1 irrelevant too. Just go with it ;) . The 21 years of peace in europe are worth nothing!

25. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    Eh, this discussion is tough. Did George Lucas feel betrayed? Maybe. I mean I hate to say it, I love GL but Star
    Wars isn't his franchise anymore it really doesn't matter how he feels. It's Disney's IP now, (for better or worse.) I feel bad George but no one was holding you at gun point to sell SW, I'm not sure. Sorry you feel like that George.

Outsourced and christophero30 like this.