main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific song and timeless.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These continue to be wonderful answers to the prompts! The humor and friendship between the crew and beyond are always wonderful to read. [face_love] =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and continuing the song in these two
    thank you

Out on a Limb

“What were you thinking?”

Nick heard the angry voice of instructor Stewards when he was limping towards the tent with Kyle.

“I uh.”

“Out on a limb again trainee Trumbor,” Stewards continued. “Get your gear and out. Review tomorrow.”

Just as Nick ducked inside the tent he was almost bowled over by Trumbor. And what irked him, the trainee had a smile on his face. But that was in the back of his mind when he saw the shivering trainee Bush. He examined him and began to administer first aid and giving commands with Kyle and Stewards helping him.

A medevac arrived and when trainee Bush was safe and on his way to a hospital Nick had time to review what had happened. He was standing on the beach with Kyle and Stewards.

“Trumbor is trouble,” Nick grumbled after he heard the entire story.

“And review is the way to get rid of him,” Stewards began to walk back to the tent.

Tickled Pink

Trumbor was gone. Nick was reading the reports on his screen. Bush was doing fine and coming back tomorrow and what pleased him was that the review-board had unanimously voted for a pass. Hell-week was over for Bush and he could continue.

Pling

Nick began to laugh when he saw the message.

“I was tickled pink by my beloved when I tried to sing along,” she opened and continued.

‘The shadow of a smile’

And he began to hum in his off-key voice when she started to sing.

‘The shadow of your smile
    When you are gone
    Will color all my dreams
    And light the dawn
    Look into my eyes
    My love and see
    All the lovely things
    You are to me’

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent continuing, as Trumbor gets what he deserves, Bush recovers, and Nyota indulges a rapt audience with her melodic voice. :) [face_sigh]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and following with

Tried and True

Nick was at the beach. Students were in the cold surf and singing along. It was an old song.

Nick began to smile. He had tried to sing along when he was – years ago – in that surf with his buddies. It was a tried and true method to stay in the surf with your buddies. It was used by all SEAL’s

Grasping at Straws

Nick had heard the last words from the song and saw Kyle moving towards the string of students in the surf. And he began to shout “Get sandy girls.”

Kyle looked back and hollered “Follow instructor Roberts to the dunes.”

Nick and Kyle began to run.

Nick was limping as fast as he could. And he began to smile when Bush was the first rolling from the dunes getting sandy. The young trainee was doing great. When Trumbor was present he had been grasping at straws, trying to please the selfish moron. Trumbor had been big trouble. All was revealed when he had driven Bush to exhaustion during hell-week. Trumbor had used his account to spread fake news. And he had done more to prove that he was superior. Nick and all instructors were glad that Trumbor was gone.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super fun use of the prompts :)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more fun with these two

Saved From Verbal Blunder

“I could grab Jim’s note-pad before he went to the stage,” McCoy – beer in hand – walked to the beach with Kyle where a party was going.

“What was wrong with that note-pad?” Nick enquired.

“Ah it was so funny,” McCoy grinned. “Jim had made notes for the intended audience and I had to prevent him from uttering those. You know Jim doesn’t like star-dotted admirals and selfish generals at all.”

“And you saved him,” Kyle nodded. “A performance with those notes – no matter against who – would have sent Jim to the outskirts of our galaxy.”

Lazy Afternoon

“And who are there to spoil a lazy afternoon or not?” Nick turned when he heard a soft giggle.

“Jim and Audrey,” McCoy took a sip from his beer.

“And what was on that note-pad?” Audrey gave Jim a look you-didn’t-tell-me-about-McCoy-saving-your-bacon.

“Uh some notes about the food served and the results,” Jim grinned sheepish. “It was with those admirals and their health-obsession not for me to lecture them. You” he turned to McCoy “could have done that and…”

“But one was the chief medical …” McCoy began.

“And the other a four star general,” Audrey smiled. “And look who’s there?”

“Spock and Nyota with more interesting tales.” Jim took the offered beer.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very fun and in character for all. [face_love]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and coontinuing with

Treasured Mementoes & Keepsakes

“Hmmm,” Nick murmured very softly.

“What’s hmmm,” Kyle asked.

“That,” Nick indicated with a nod towards Spock, who had a smile on his face when he saw what Nyota was wearing on her dress. “I remember Spock coming with that pendant towards the recovery-room. Nyota had had a harrowing experience after negotiations gone wrong.”

“Ah that mission,” Kyle nodded. “My team had to extract the away-team.”

“And thanks to your interference only Nyota landed under our care. But Spock was the one to go back dirt-side and convince the authorities that those negotiations were not lost.”

“I remember him having a very subtle way to deal with the ice-queen.”

Gentle thaw

“Ah yes,” Nick grinned. “That frigging cold lady had had her way and was replaced by a more reasonable notable.”

“Who gave Spock the pendant as a gift for Nyota.”

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more in

Little Things

“But I was quite suspicious about the gift-box,” Nick got a serious look. “You were coming to the shuttle from the castle with Spock.”

“Ah yes,” Kyle said. “You were on outlook with Berry Carole. That box looked the same as the one we encountered on our way towards that castle.”

“Carole destroyed that IED with a shot before it could do any harm to you and gave Spock the opportunity to grab Poe Tomba.”

“The first one to succumb to his famous Vulcan neck-pinch,” Kyle grinned. “I carried her inside and by the time I got to the conference-room Spock had Olsonar Karono and Orba-Kan sitting at the table. Our negotiations took the right direction when the more reasonable notables joined us.”

“For short negotiations,” Spock said. “Our smiling faces convinced you that the box I was carrying was nice.”

“You showed me what was inside and I knew that the little thing was for a very lovely lady.”

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful use of Little Things =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    that ended one mission but was the beginning of this

Run-of-the-mill

“Next came a run of the mill mission ferrying a diplomat from one system to another,” Spock said left eyebrow rising and expecting a comment.

“Babel was,” Kyle began.

“Never a walk in the park,” Nick ended. “I remember McCoy making his snarky comments when you returned with the captain needing all the support.”

Follow You/Folow Me

“Sure,” Spock replied. “We had diplomat Taville ordering us to accompany him in a…”

“Follow you, follow me through a maze of tunnels until we got to a quite interesting area on Babel,” Nyota stroked softly Spock’s arm.”

“That was a nightmare for the security-detail,” Kyle grumbled. “Leader Bradley – back after the mission – reported getting his guys searching for Mister Yellow guinea pig hair, the captain and you two.”

Here to Stay

“Taville sure had interesting hair,” Nick grinned. “But he was the cause for…”

“Me to get Jim back,” Spock concluded. “McCoy ordered him ‘you are here to stay’ after he had given him one look.”

“With Taville remaining in that quite interesting conference room on Babel we had all the time to have an very interesting evening after we had Jim under the care of his country doctor,” Uhura smiled.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific details and use of the prompts. =D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more with another interesting mission

On Another Note

“But on another note,” McCoy muttered. “I lost Christine after that mission. She went with Taville back to earth. I still remember Christine saving all our bacon when we contacted that nasty virus.”

“That was when diplomat Chilliera came back on the Enterprise after an interesting mission,” Nick began…”

“Interesting mission,” McCoy drawled. “Huh. You were two months on the Enterprise and were quite busy keeping Scotty and McGinnis where they belonged after they tangled with a nasty core-breach.”.

“Almost core-breach,” Spock interrupted. “Had it been a core-breach we wouldn’t be here.”

“That fight cost us dearly,” Kyle mumbled. “I lost two guards.”

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, edge of seat details! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more

Double rainbow

Kyle had tears in his eyes and reached for the offered handkerchief from the man who needed one too. He knew. Nick had been desperately trying to save Will Travaille.

“And that was only the beginning of more trouble,” Nick sniffed. “That bug and exoting food loving diplomat had us all fighting some virus.”

“Christine, Marc and Jana saved the day and I remember you having some fun with us,” McCoy came with a dry handkerchief or was it?

Rain was starting to pour. Tears were mixed with rain.

“Yes some fun in the changing room,” Kyle had a smile appearing on his face. “We were all soaking wet.”

“As we are getting now,” Nick had a delightful look. “There the rain will be gone soon and that’s a double rainbow.”

“For our lost crewmembers,” Kyle tried to wipe his face dry with a now soggy handkerchief.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet use of the rainbows prompt

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a great way to continue with this one

No Need for Words

“Still discussing the past?” McCoy had another dry handkerchief.

“We are,” Kyle took the handkerchief. “I lost many good people in my department.”

“And you were almost lost in space when the line broke after the last mine was deactivated,” Nick stroked his left arm with the faint scar.

“You saved me grabbing the line and twisting that in a knot and hooking that up to your harness,” Kyle said with a sly look towards McCoy. “Had it been for him you would be far away in that medbed.”

“I couldn’t persuade him,” McCoy grumped goodnaturedly. “He is even worse than Jim.”

“And I had no need for words when I was defusing those mines with you at my side,” Kyle grinned.

“We could do without them,” Nick mused. “We have been buddies before and still are here in San Diego.”

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A great team the two of them made working together seamlessly @};-

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    some fun with the new prompt

Comfy-Cozy

“And there is his buddy,” Kyle whispered in Nick’s ear.

Christine Chapel had sneaked up to the trio of men, intent on surprising her target and she did when she placed both hands before McCoy’s eyes. “Who’s here?”

“Christine,” McCoy turned, delight showing in his voice “you had enough of the captain’s tales?”

“I sure did and overheard your discussing bugs and viruses and lost crewmembers but it’s getting late and…”

You are in for some comfy-cozy retreat to our place,” McCoy took her hand and began to guide her to one of the tents on the dunes.

“They are going to tent-city but we,” Nick began to laugh when he saw what was coming.

“Are going home,” Kyle continued, pointing at the dark clouds. “Tents maybe cozy but with that coming, it will be quite noisy.”

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Continuing with

Icing on the Cake

“Thanks goodness you brought the self-inflating mattresses and feather-down sleeping-bags,” Christine was wriggling out of said sleeping-bag. She had heard some very soft noises coming from outside the tent and some more of running feet.

“I am glad too,” McCoy grumbled. “It made lying here and listening to the rain a bit more comfortable. And being together in this small room…”

“That was the icing on the cake,” Christine was sitting up. “But it was noisy tonight and I didn’t get that much sleep.”

“I neither,” McCoy replied. “And …Aw this … now I know what a patient in a restraining-stretcher is enduring.”

“Just slide the zipper and be patient Len,” Christine began to dress in a comfortable shirt and pants.

“Trouble guys?”

“Was the tent comfy?”

“Just what you need to gloat at your discomfort,” McCoy had two arms out of the sleeping-bag and was trying to sit up. And forgetting that his mattress was placed on the stretcher he collided softly with the fabric of the tent and settled down with a sigh.

“You know, this sleeping-bag has a long zipper,” Christine zippered the sleeping-bag open. “Easy see.”

“Just listen to the lady-doctor,” Kyle opened the tent.

“They sure had a comfy tent,” Nick added.

“But noisy,” McCoy sat up, this time avoiding the fabric. “And now what did you plan for freshing up and breakfast?”

“Freshing up can be done in the sea or the shower-facility,” Kyle replied. “But maybe you will have breakfast first. It’s served in the restaurant and that’s 3 K away.”

“You have to run and be fast,” Nick turned his head. “Spock and Uhura are ahead of you.”

“Let’s go doc,” Christine had put her shoes on and peeked outside. “There’s Jim and Audrey. Breakfast must be really nice.”

“But I am not properly dressed,” McCoy began to search for his shirt.

“Here take this,” Kyle threw swimming-trunks and a t-shirt in the tent. “It’s the usual dress-code in the restaurant.”

“Hmm,” McCoy began to dress and followed Christine outside.

“Ready?” Christine laughed.

“Go,” McCoy began to run, trying to get closer to Jim and Audrey. Spock and Uhura were too far ahead.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun bit of teasing and a sense of warmth amongst friends :)

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    more of this in

Dinner and a Movie

“This was fun,” Nick parked the beach-car near the entrance of the restaurant.

“Yeah, McCoy and Christine were trying to get close to the rest but not succeeding at all,” Kyle stepped out of the beach-car and headed to the entrance following Nick.

Nick was getting a tray after McCoy had taken one and observed. ‘A bowl of hot porridge and latte machiato, hmm, that’s my choice too after a cold night in a tent.’ After taking porridge and hot tea on his tray he followed McCoy and Christine to a table and sat down.

Kyle soon joined them with his tray filled to the brim with a stack of pancakes, latte machiato and scrambled eggs.

A murmured ‘have a nice breakfast’ by the foursome now seated, was followed by devouring the food and drinks.

McCoy was the first to finish his latte and savouring the last drops he put down his cup. “This has me reaching my normal temperature.”

“Just like we did when we came back to the Enterprise after getting the away-team just in time,” Christine smiled. “You do remember that one Len?”

“Sure,” McCoy looked towards Nick. “It was the last mission that had me with cold feet. He urged me to get a nice pair of boots and I did.”

“I remember that discussion,” Christine looked for a moment to the table where Spock, Uhura, Jim and Audrey were having their breakfast. “That was after we were unable to convince Spock to spend a few hours under our care for his very cold feet.”

“He was snatched away by Uhura,” McCoy grumbled. “She undoubtedly gave him happy feet. And you had me nice and cosy after that dinner at Florian’s with that very old movie.”

“Very old but fun to watch,” Christine smiled. “Roman holiday, a romance, perfect for us.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely bit of reminiscing, and a great "date night" movie. ;)