main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2019!/November 2019 Word Race!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 17, 2019.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Gah! Can’t believe o forgot to put an actual number on there.

Let’s go 5000 words. That should be doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    5000 words would maaaybe get me most of the way through a story that I'm working on, so I'd like to sign up for the word race with that goal!

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome both of you! I've added your names and goals to the participant list.

I managed a decent 755 today, bringing my total up to 1377. More importantly I finished off two vignettes that have been unfinished for awhile now, so I feel like I accomplished something (finally).

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Up through today, I've got 730 words.

5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Kit' and @Kahara So great to have you both aboard for the word race. Good luck on meeting both your goals! The word race seems to be great motivation to write:D

@Briannakin and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Congratulations to both of you on your progress! Keep up the good work=D=

As for me, I've written 383 more words today by writing some Padme sentences for the One Sentence Challenge, which is a wonderful reason for me to write and lets me do it in manageable chunks. Maybe I'll try to write another onshot today if my muse is feeling generous. My current total progress, though is a not too shabby 1,363.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    210 more words for a total so far of 940

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Does 1634 words count for the exemplar I had to write to teach my year 8 class how to put a report together???

No?

Ah well. Back to the computer I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Pretty productive day for me. Wrote 141 words of one sentence stories and 1,441 words of onshot for a grand daily total of 1,582.

Total progress: 2,945 words.

Almost halfway to the target I set myself. Not bad though maybe that means I should've been more ambitious with my goal:p

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated

I've only got 55 words at the moment, basically two sentences. *sigh*

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I believe in you Mav!!! 55 is better than nothing!

Today was a bit of a brain bungle, but thankfully yesterday I was a bit more productive, so my total is 2042.

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi everyone, and sorry for being silent these last several days. As it turns out, I'm at 556—not quite where I wanted to make it by now, which brings me to what's next.

Basically, RL has become such that I am going to have to dial back my participation in this race. Not only was I out of town for work this past weekend (and got lots less writing done during my travel time than hoped), but while I was away, my mother, who was staying with Findsboy and Findshusband, broke her ankle and is now holed up with us for an indefinite period of time. That's going to mean a lot less writing time for me—it already has, and I'm not sure how feasible it will be to make up what I've missed. So if it's all right, may please I lower my word count goal to 2000 for now?

Thanks so much, and well done, everyone—great to see such good productivity happening! :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    609 words up through today for a total of 1,549 :cool:

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @mavjade - 55 words is still something worth noting! That's two whole sentences you didn't have before. Here's to many sentences more as the month goes on. [:D]

@Findswoman - Of course it's all right! I hope that Findsmom heals up soon, and that you hang in there yourself. May this month allow you to hit that goal and maybe even more. [:D]

As for everyone else, it's great to see the productivity! Keep up the mighty fine work! [face_dancing] [:D]

Personally, after a great day one, DRL hit me hard and I wasn't able to write a single word until today. I wrote about a thousand words in sentences, bringing me up to 3,648 for my new total. It's definitely not where my goal was to be, but it's progress! :D

EDIT: And the word counts have been updated!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Findswoman so sorry to hear of your mother's injury. Best wishes for a swift recovery to her!

Nice to see all the progress people have made toward their goals. All steps are important whether big or baby steps.

Today I can only report the baby step of 94 words to bring my total progress to a respectable 3,039 words.

Just over halfway to my goal. Yay[face_dancing]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    613 more words = current total of 2,162 words :)

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Nice to see your continuing progress, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

I wrote the first chapter of a new mutli-chapter story today to bring my total to 4,256 words. [face_party]

17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    619 words so far.

18. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    588 words for USJS plus 44 for the one sentence challenge bringing my total so far to... 622! Yay! Just over 1/10th of the way there :_|

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    54 more today, for a new total of 2,216 words :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's fantastic to see everyone's progress so far! Keep up the wonderful work, all! [face_dancing] [:D]

As for myself, between sentences and chipping away at a few different WIPs today, I managed to raise my total to 5,819! Slowly but surely, I'm getting there. :D

The word counts have been updated, too!

21. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    1111 words.

All of this is from chipping away (and it does feel sort of like the equivalent of chipping at a mountain with my fingernails, okay with a little less hyperbole) at one of my lumbering WIPs. Now I'm almost at the end of the present scene--and I just realized I have no idea what that ending should be. Maybe now is the time to close the file, take a break, and switch to another story?

Finally: good work so far, everyone!

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    1051 words! Yay!

Definitely understand the idea of chipping away at it @Pandora . I'm a bit like you too. Have the start of a story but no middle and certainly no end!

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Total is 6411. Which is good progress toward my 10K goal. Still, I would love to get the full 50K.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Through today, I racked up more words = 2,306

25. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Well, after my inauspicious start, I've managed to pretty well this first week: 1102 words