main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Galaxy's Edge Cookbook - by Chelsea Monroe-Cassel & Marc Sumerak

Discussion in 'Literature' started by indydefense, Nov 7, 2019.

1. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Anyone have this book yet? Thoughts? It looks really neat, so I'm considering picking it up.[face_dancing]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm concerned that the recipes won't match up with what's actually at Galaxy's Edge. Having eaten a ronto wrap, I can tell you it's nothing like the ronto wrap shown on the cover of this book (a quick comparison is here: https://allears.net/2019/09/28/star...-out-how-to-make-ronto-wraps-at-home-sort-of/ ).

It may be that Disney demanded different recipes so that people still have to visit Galaxy's Edge to get the food and not just make it at home. But that also defeats the whole purpose of this book.

Regardless, I preordered the book but it has not arrived yet.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm only moderately interested in the vegan Ithorian dishes. I dig that the vegan offerings at Galaxy's Edge are supposed to be Ithorian cuisine though.

IG: @jedisufism

Barriss_Coffee and indydefense like this.
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm sort of disappointed that Wookieepedia hasn't taken the opportunity to write intentionally bland Behind the Scenes sections for these dishes.

[​IMG]
    Topato Soup
    Leak and potato soup.
    (Toh-pay-toe... boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...)

[​IMG]
    Ronto Wrap
    Pork in a pita.

[​IMG]
    Emulsauce
    Salmonella.

indydefense and Daneira like this.
  6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I just got the book in the mail today. It's a disappointment--ronto wraps, as I noted above, are not the same recipes as those I ate at Galaxy's Edge! And they don't have the Galaxy's Edge recipe in the book.

One of my favorite drinks, Tatooine Sunset (non-alcoholic version), is not in the book either!

They don't have any recipes for green milk. Technically speaking, none for blue milk either, although bantha chai might be it as it's a blue drink that involves milk or rice milk (seriously, the recipe lets you use either one). Also, the in-universe text outright says bantha chai is made with blue milk...

They do have yobshrimp noodle salad and endorian tip-yip recipes, but as I didn't eat these during my visit to Batuu I have no idea if they are the same or another ronto wrap situation with a different recipe to the same name.

The book is written in an in-universe style, but some stuff just pulls you out. Here's a blatant example: "Xizor Salad - Rumor has it that it got its pecular name from a Falleen prince-turned-crime-lord, but I'm pretty sure that's just a legend." (bold emphasis mine) . Really...? [face_sigh]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Barriss_Coffee and indydefense like this.
  7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I wouldn't imagine you're supposed to be getting immersed in the versimilitude of a cookbook.

8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    It's written almost completely as an in-universe book interestingly enough.

Endorian tip yip seems to be the same, mostly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yobshrimp noodle salad? Are they the same? Hmm....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  9. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    But then again, the "milk" beverages at GE aren't really milk. Blue or green milk would probably taste similar to cow's milk, so to make them, all you'd really need is blue or green food coloring. :p

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I seem to remember, can’t remember what continuity this is, that bantha milk is supposed to be slightly sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I expected a nice cookbook but this is heavier and packed more than I imagined... I am impressed, by the lore it adds, the inuniverse feel it keeps and the epic food it contains. just WOW... blew my mind

indydefense likes this.