main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Asset is the name given by Wookieepidia so I am going with it for the thread title.

I am of course talking about baby yoda.

So do you guys think it is just a one episode thing?

Do you think it’s a clone of Yoda?

Do you think it has something to do with Palpatine?

Are we thinking to much about this?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Anubis78 and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Could make for a powerful Sith Lord or Jedi Knight but the way they age, it would take possibly something like 400-500 years before its an adult,lol.

I don't know, seems like a Golden Child type of plot character as if right now. Maybe Snoke or Plappy want the creature to Force drain or some other nefarious purpose or maybe they think its the "chosen one",lol.

Anubis78 and CernStormrunner like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's Yoda reincarnated 50 years before his death. What can I say? This species is weird. :p

ThisIsTheWay, 11-4D, Anubis78 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can’t wait for people to complain about how the biology doesn’t make sense forever.

cwustudent, Anubis78 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I am honestly very fascinated by the idea that it is Yoda's offspring at the moment. It's still a long shot, because such a thing was never mentioned in any of the movies or the animated shows, but it would be consistent time wise.

11-4D and Anubis78 like this.
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    When I hear Asset I think Winter Soldier. :D

I will just let it unfold. Glad I know zip about Mandalorians, that will make this more fun for me.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I guess they could potentially tie it to the Children of the Force storyline arc from TCW.

*When I hear asset I think of crazy Kelsey Grammer's character from Transformers:Age of Extinction or Arnold and Carl's characters from Predator or the Emperor from ESB.

Anubis78, whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If it is Force Sensitive I wonder why the baby was not picked up by the Jedi as it would have been born before the PT even started

cwustudent and Anubis78 like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope it’s not connected to Yoda directly. Just another of his unusually wise and long-living species.

10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    How do you know his species is wise? :p That seems to be a character trait more than anything. I can totally imagine completely silly or just plain dumb Yoda species representatives.

Anubis78 and Felicia like this.
  11. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I don't think this is an "offspring" of Yoda. He was too wrapped up in the old ways of the Jedi to even think about that. Since this is after Return of the Jedi (we know it's after because the Mandalorian was told that Emperial Credits were no good anymore.) we know that Yoda is gone. I am thinking more like it is just one of the offspring of Yodas kind.

The galaxy knows that Yoda was a very powerful force user and they don't want another one to reach adulthood. They wanted the (asset) killed. I hope this episode will be continued in the next episode.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Imperials actually wanted the asset alive more than dead

Anubis78 likes this.
  13. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe it ends up being Luke or Rey's student. Or the Empire tries to make an evil Yoda. Could be cool.

Anubis78 likes this.
  14. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I will have to watch it a second time. I just remember the assasin Droid saying that the asset needed to be killed before the Mandalorian shot him. Does anyone know the Mandalorian name or is it just The Mandalorian right now.

Anubis78 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep it’s just the Mandalorian.

Anubis78 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t know that. But I’m suggesting it! :)

A species that lives to be 800 years old, and has a childhood spanning a century or more, would likely at least be highly intelligent. I’d suspect that an unusually high number of said species could, in addition to intelligence, have a lot of wisdom born of a long and slow development. There would certainly be some numbskulls in that crowd, but I think it would be cool if the species was prone to sagacity.

Anubis78 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Yaddle's baby, right? 50 years places the Yoda baby at around the time of the Naboo crisis. Doubt it'd be Yoda's, that'd be too huge a change and I doubt it'd be Yoda/Yaddle pairing. Or maybe they're hatched or made by the Force or something. But I'm going with Yaddle baby, that's my vote and I'm sticking to it.

Anubis78 and whostheBossk like this.
  18. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Well, just saw the show and really liked it. So many elements brought me back to the aesthetic of the original SW. Couple parts here and there seemed a bit 'off", but overall I enjoyed it and like the establishment of "the asset". Find "baby Yoda" intriguing. Must be the same species as Yoda obviously, but I don't think it's related to him. Obviously, this asset is "big" since they didn't have a puck with a profile and it's the biggest living bounty. Just thinking who...

Anubis78 likes this.
  19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    As a literary idea extracted from the fictional fancy of such a long age and equally long infancy, it really would work to have their lifespan simply lead to a greater accumulation of knowledge and wisdom than average because of how long their development takes.

I’m sure the science behind it is utter nonsense, but I like the idea.

It could also potentially play into how much of a Force asset a member the species could be. Because the species simply has more time at their disposal, the could, in theory, spend so much of their adolescence and young adulthood studying the Force that an otherwise barely significant Force potential could be so thoroughly mastered by middle age that it would seem greater than average.

Anubis78 and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was born the same year as Anakin 41 BBY

cwustudent and Anubis78 like this.
  21. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Is Baby Yoda actually "the asset" or are they mistaken???

Anubis78 likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes it was definitely the bounty he and IG-11 were after

Anubis78 and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The interesting thing is they have a whole compound full of mercenaries protecting this baby and several bounty hunters have tried to take it and failed. So obviously there's something special about the child and the Empire might not be the only ones trying to get it.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Who payed those guards to protect the baby I think that’s a really important question

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting, maybe another one of those Force Miracles like the Chosen One. The Force has got to cover it's bases! (I think Rey's "Awakening" is also the Force influencing stuff too)

Anubis78 likes this.