main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Starry Night Café - The Art Lounge III

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The Togruta avatar makes sense for me though. The others are just posers. :b

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Mitth_Fisto and teamhansolo like this.
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Wanting to wish everyone all the best and hope you all have a wonderful and safe time during the festive season. :)

3. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Yes! Same to everyone here! I've been dealing with a lot still but I'm so excited for the new year! I hope everyone's holidays have been wonderful so far!!

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    [​IMG]

Breaking out the Lamingtons!! I hope everyone has a wonderful time this Australia Day weekend!

I hope things have eased up for everyone. With all the films out around this time of year, has there been any in which the art direction has inspired or impressed you? How To Train Your Dragon was beautiful and I loved what they did for Aquaman.

5. lilforceghost

Apr 9, 2018
    *nibbles on a Lamington*

Currently in the way of moving next week or a so (Depending on how quickly a few small things go.) so I've been insanely busy. Art I've kinda put to the side till we move but I decided to take on a huge project which I'm excited for.

As far as movies go the latest ones I've seen (Some just came out (Sorta) others I'm late to the party haha) Is Wralph Breaks the Internet & the new Mission Impossible movie. (They are corny but you can't help but love them. Lol) As far as other movies... I think that's all I've seen as of late that's "New". I'm not too sure if I'll like the new How to Train your Dragon or not. It looks really awesome but the first one was really great and I guess I'm a stickler for it. ^^

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    *Makes some tea and sits down with a lamington*

Moving is stressful. I hope that it goes as painless and smoothly as possible. I'm curious to know what your huge project is, I'm glad you got something to look forward to! :)

I've been like that with some films though been lucky with some to be able to see. I love each film in the How to Train Your Dragon series and felt the new one was a worthy addition. Ralph 2 was fun as well, I think they have Frozen 2 scheduled next.

Khalia Octa and teamhansolo like this.
  7. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Into The Spider-Verse inpired me like a looooottttttt...... It's so amazing! :D I'm glad this thread is a bit more alive these days, lol. [face_laugh] Wow. I just remembered how much I need to update my art thread.....

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I still need to see Into The Spider-Verse! Everyone has been saying great things about it.
    Oh, you and me both! I haven't posted up the Hera and Kanan piece yet. I'm adding a new banner soon so later today I should updated it… :p

9. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Everything about the movie is seriously awesome, like the animation style, colors, characters, humor, story, it's just amazing. :D

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think I know what our next art challenge can be… ;) I'll get a thread together.

teamhansolo and Khalia Octa like this.
  11. lilforceghost

Apr 9, 2018
    I totally forgot I saw that movie too hahaha (Into the Spiderverse) It was an amazing movie, I do agree! The colors and animation were great, I do agree. ^^

And thank you for the well wishes on moving as well @Corellian_Outrider, I am quite stressed but it's a good thing!

12. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I don't think I ever really posted in here before [face_thinking] Well now is a good time to start I guess! I agree, Spiderverse was a great movie, the animation style was really unique. Looking forward to trying it out ;)

13. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Do any of you guys have any tips for drawing hair digitally? I've been struggling to find a way I find easy and somewhat more realistic than just an outline.

14. Tari Narvina

Tari Narvina Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2018
    i agree too with the spider-verse the graphics were amazing

teamhansolo and Khalia Octa like this.
  15. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Hmmm idk the way I usually do it is to dry and draw it in sections, then add in individual pieces of hair.... Did you try looking at tutorials, cuz usually I find them pretty helpful :)

16. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    I have looked at some tutorials, yeah, but sometimes I find it better to just get advice :p Do you have any brushes that you would suggest for drawing hair?

teamhansolo likes this.
  17. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    I usually use that same brushes for each part of the drawing (sketch, lineart, colours, ect) so tbh not really.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  18. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    What brush do you use, btw? :p

teamhansolo likes this.
  19. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  20. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thanks, I'll have to check them out :D

teamhansolo likes this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    For doing hair, depends on the piece and style though I have been known to draw one strand at a time.

Working with layers, I normally block in the base shapes during the construction phase, breaking it down into partings and sections. That acts as a guide for the flow of the hair.
    When drawing the strands, I use different thicknesses of lines and separate layer for each thickness. (depends on canvas size and DPI, 5 or 3 or 1 px size)

Then I go back in with light and dark tones to convey highlights and shadows.

Some probably say that it is being cautious and more time consuming working with multiple layers but I have more control over the individual elements that way.

22. lilforceghost

Apr 9, 2018
    I tend to keep my stuff more of a flat style. I would pick only a few (2-3 values) and then add them to her hair in blocks-shapes in order to create the feel of hair. Im going to be doing a whole lesson on this at some point once i get through my training in my RL job and I get through my basic art tips and tricks on my website. but I'd say that's your best bet. :)

23. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Alright, artists: what’s a good image site that is compatible with these forums for when I post art or photos? Deviant art ain’t cutting it!

teamhansolo and LilRebelArt like this.
  24. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    I use imgbb, and it works well for me? ;)

teamhansolo likes this.
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've noticed quite a few are also using Imgur

Jedi Knight Fett and teamhansolo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.