main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Feeling nostalgic and searching for old prequel rumors

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Biel Ductavis, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    The discussion about leaks and spoilers for TROS and their accuracy has got me very nostalgic and raised the wish in me to read some of the old rumors and wrong plot summaries for Episode I again, after all these long years.

I especially want to read the "old plot summary" from Mickey Suttle again, in which he pretended that the title for Episode I would be "The Ways of the Force" .

Does anybody here have a link for a site where i could read it?

Can't believe how much time has past and how little has changed since then, considering Mike Zeroh and his "Spoilers"...

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

whostheBossk, afterlight and HevyDevy like this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure if regular users can see it but the old TPM board is here in the Inactive JC forum section if you want to relive old times. I don't know if the plot summary is there though - thread dates seem to start around 2001.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  3. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Tried to open the link. But apparently that doesn't work with Tapatalk.

4. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
  5. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
  6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I remember a rumor that Aurra Sing killed Anakins mother before the AOTC's came out!

7. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah, and there was some talk about Palpatine becoming Emperor in Episode II.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  8. Doompup

Doompup Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    I remember my friends and I had heard a rumor that Boba Fett would show up as part of a mercenary unit called the Mandalorian Sun Guard. Not sure where we heard that.

9. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Oh boy! Where to start?!

Kenneth Branagh was playing Obi-Wan
    Leonardo DiCaprio was in the running for Anakin
    There would be a love triangle between Anakin, Kenobi,and the Queen which would lead Anakin to the Dark Side
    The Mandalorians were clones, and would be the villains of The Clone Wars (partially true, from a certain point of view)
    Mace Windu was a Sith (people were convinced the shadowy figure with the red saber Anakin dueled in the AOTC trailer was Mace)
    Sidious was a clone of Palpatine
    Luke and Leia would be 3 years old when the PT ended
    General Grevious' parts would be used to build Vader
    Obi-Wan was a clone designation OB-1. The Jedi were clones.
    The heroes in EP 1 would fly the Millennium Falcon
    Anakin and Sidious would have a lightsaber duel
    Jar Jar would be a fan favorite

BigAl6ft6, HevyDevy and Darth Caliban like this.
  10. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    For the youngsters wondering, yes, a big rumor that circulated a lot in the '80s and '90s was that Obi-Wan was really OB-1 and he was one of many clones of Jedi Master Ben Kenobi. And they possibly comprised one side of the Clone War.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  11. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    I actually liked the way Jar Jar looked like in the Episode I Virtual Edition way more than what we got.

12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh? This sounds fascina-

Oh

Oh dear god

[​IMG]

WHAT IS THIS ODDITY

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ That answers a 20-year old mystery for me. I had a couple of those photoshopped images in an unofficial German SW collectibles almanac from 1998/99. The STAP image and the super flat Trade Federation Droid Control ship shooting at the escaping Royal Starship were among them.

Funnily enough, whoever made these accidentally predicted the Super Battle Droids, only he used Terminator endoskelletons with beak heads to visualize them. ;)

Long live bizarro Phantom Menace!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and Darth Caliban like this.
  14. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    OMG I must have repressed the memory and exchanged it with something better

But seriously, i remember a green and very different looking version of Jar Jar from that site.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    HevyDevy likes this.
  15. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    [face_laugh]

Well I wasn't a real SW fan for the leadup to TPM but I do remember reading some of these here much later.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Just looked through the remaining pages. Kinda disappointed only the first 1/3 of the scenes / chapters included photoshopped images.

17. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    It's sad that so many of the original pics of the Virtual Edition from around 1997 and 1998 aren't there anymore. Just the later edits are still online. Even archive.org apparently hasn't saved the original pages.

18. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I remember hearing Anakin would kill Jar Jar but I think that was fanboys wishing lol.

19. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    In my old Galactic Senate days (the site still exists, but pretty much nobody posts there), I was a proponent of C-3PO being some kinda sleeper agent for the resistance, who somehow knew to get Luke and Leia together to set events in motion, but didn't do it consciously.
    I still think that kinda fits R2

20. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I remember i posted for a little while on a star wars forum in 2005 before the release of ROTS was released and some were speculating that there was gonna be a surprise twist that Palpatine and Sidious turned out not the same person. I dunno why i remember that.

Blastsaber and Biel Ductavis like this.
  21. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    There were a lot of very elaborated theories about Sidious and Palpatine being different people. The one I remember is that Palpatine was a clone/puppet used by Sidious to do the dirty/boring job of rulling the galaxy.
    It's a typical example of fans reading too much into a simple fantasy story, and focusing on details that they think are hugely important but most viewers won't notice (and therefore, aren't). For those fans, the twist of Palpatine being Sidious was just too simple, and therefore, wasn't going to happen.

Reminds me of Lucas' comments when the made ROTJ, saying that a lot of fans would be disappointed that the story was so simple in the end.

22. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I liked the one about *NSYNC being in attack of the clones.

RogueDianoga likes this.
  23. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    That reminds me of some theory I heard circa 2002-2005 that Captain Typho was secretly another clone of Jango Fett, and that this would become a plot point in Episode III, because I guess he bears a vaguely passing resemblance to the twenty-something clones you see on Kamino. Pointing out that Captain Typho was played by Jay Laga'aia while the twenty-something clones were played by Bodie Taylor did little to dispel this theorizing.

Amazingly, this might actually be true.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    this one is great too

[​IMG]

Looks like Padme cosplaying as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    PCCViking and Darth Caliban like this.
  25. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The

oh god, the Sidious was Palpy's Clone thing was every where back in the day.

Blastsaber and Biel Ductavis like this.