main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't think that word means what you think it means. o_O

2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Happy Force Friday! Going to try and go to Target later today and maybe pick up a shirt!

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I gotta say, with all the ridiculous click-bait articles I've been seeing that cover dumb topics, contain unintelligent speculation, or are the same old information/news we've been seeing for months...it's quite easy to avoid spoilers-given the fact that I mostly skip SW news now anyways in order to avoid all the sleazy secondhand junk.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2019
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Please don't even hint at rumours in here. This is supposed to be a safe haven for people who wish to remain completely spoiler free.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sorry. I meant that as a warning.

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I plan to be spoiler-free and watch everything in the sequence released. Just like ROTS, this could be the last SW film ever (George :( ). I hope to watch all the trailers and read the Journey to Episode 9 stuff. [face_coffee]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's not going to be the last Star Wars film ever. Just the last Skywalker Saga movie.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Going to have to use this place as a safe haven pretty soon I think. I can't even browse the news headlines on my phone anymore without articles coming up with headlines like "Shocking Rise Of Skywalker leaks reveal this!" etc, and we're still two months out.

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    The good news is so many of those articles turn out to be clickbait so if you do click on one by mistake, they might not spoil much.

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I've pretty much limited myself to this forum, and a couple YouTube channels that don't deal in spoilers. Since I've been clicking "Not Interested" in clickbait channels repeatedly I've encountered a whole lot less in my recommended videos. I'll be going completely dark once the worldwide premiere is complete, and so far the closest thing to a spoiler I've found was a potential trailer release date. Yay me!

Grievousdude likes this.
  12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    As a heads up, the track names on the film's soundtrack have apparently been leaked and one of them is supposedly very spoilery. Could just be click bait, but better to be safe than sorry, especially since TPM's soundtrack had a major one in the past.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Mandalorian starts in two day! While I have never been a huge TV guy and always preferred the movies, I am willing to give it a shot. I don't get home from work until late, so I am definitely going to have to stay off the web when these episodes air. I know people are going to be chatting all about what happened, so I'm just gonna have to avoid the internet Tuesday and the coming Fridays until after 8pm each day haha.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  14. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Just a warning. TRoS junior novelization is up for preorder on Amazon, and it has a summary.

15. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Just an FYI but I noticed this weekend that TV spots are starting to begin. The one's this weekend were just the trailer shortened down into a spot. I'm sure in the coming days/weeks new footage will start to be included. I don't watch any of these, as we have already seen plenty with the trailers. Beware of the Spots!

16. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    The Mandalorian will bring you joy once you're able to watch, I'm certain of it!
    I've been on the lookout, if I hear Star Wars-ish music, I mute it.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  17. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    It looks as though the articles on general entertainment sites are beginning in earnest, so beware.

18. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    New TV spot also was released on the Star Wars twitter/instagram today. Only 30 seconds and about half new footage. Usually I avoid those things like the plague, but I watched this one. I don't regret it at all, and it really didn't reveal anything. Made my excitement levels go up even more if that was even possible!!!

19. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    There's an intriguing cover for Entertainment Weekly, but I won't be delving further. I've kept to three trailers and Vanity Fair's issue, and I see no reason to see anything more.
    I saw it somewhere in my YouTube subscriptions, and just scrolled right on by. Since I watch mostly retro TV channels, I doubt I'll see any of these TV spots unless I bump into them online!

20. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Just an FYI - JJ, John, and Daisy will be on GMA and talk shows talking about the film next week. If thats not your cup of tea, avoid!

21. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    Do those involved usually make the talk show rounds this early? We just passed four weeks to go.

22. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Yep. This is pretty standard timing.

23. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    Speak for yourself, peasant: I'll watch it on December 18th, which is 3 weeks and 2 says away.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Since TV spots tend to get very spoilery as we get closer to the release, I only watch the first few ones then I stop. I'm fine with articles because they keep giving us non-answers.

25. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I usually sit with my back to the TV at the dinner table, and sure enough, there was one of the TV spots for The Rise of Skywalker. I heard a familiar voice speaking, but I didn't see it, so it didn't happen. The video ads are downright relentless now, it's hard to avoid them! If I see a TV spot, I mute it and look away until I think I can click "Skip Ad."