main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 8, 2019.

1. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Is this series worth watching? I think I got up to like episode 5 or 6 on season 1 then stopped. Does it get much better? I might jump straight to the season 1 finale and see how that is.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like it, so yeah.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It's a very limited series and it's clearly not meant to cater to older fans. That being said, I think the best has yet to come. I've consistently rated it lower than TCW and Rebels, but If it ties into TROS, it will all be worth it.

4. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Seeing all this Mandalorian discussion on other places makes me sad Series like Rebels and Resistance don’t get the same attention just because they’re animated. Feels like a slap in the face to the amazingly talented cast and crew of the animated series. I like that a lot of people have been binging Rebels, though.

5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, the Mandalorian is the very first live action Star Wars show, the first season is currently airing, and it’s amazing, so it’s understandable. And if it’s any consolation, there’s a stylistic flair to the Mandalorian that seems inspired by Star Wars animation. So Filoni’s influence is clear there.

That said, I really like Resistance and most of the Rebels.

6. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Honestly, now that The Mandalorian has aired my interest in Resistance has waned. You would've thought that the Colossus being on the run from the FO after the Hosnian Cataclysm would've increase the excitement and tension. But after several episodes of scrounging for supplies and fixing things I'm just bored.

chrcharcor2 and cwustudent like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I think the timing of these “scrounging for supplies” episodes is unfortunate, as I can’t help but directly contrast them to the Mando episodes. I wish Lucasfilm had planned it better, so that the Mando coincided with some of the more interesting Resistance episodes.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How is Resistance this season I’m probably gonna start watching season 2 tomorrow, but what is the consensus better than season 1?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    IMO it started off well; but the recent episodes have gone off on a tangent. I really want to know more about what's happening with Tam.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hopefully it's just killing time and soon we'll get fully into the swing of things. They might have ordered more episodes than were needed, hence the more filler-y stuff the past few eps.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's pretty much my thinking. I mean every time another of these supply run for the Colossus episodes airs I wonder how long they could keep this up; being this is the final season with only so many episodes left.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The next four episodes are:

1. Water supply run
    2. Fruit supply run
    3. Vegetable supply run
    4. Dairy supply run

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ach-to visit when?
    [​IMG]

Darthur C. Clarke and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Being caught up with all the season 2 episodes, I cant help but feel the entire series is filler. I really wish they focused on a character like Leia, that I genuinely care about - I would have been glued to the TV. I'm guessing the Colossus will be part of the Resistance fleet in ROS, and the series will serve as an unnecessary backstory for characters we'll likely never see. [insert sigh]

cwustudent likes this.
  15. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The big problem is that we're now 70% into its actual (vs. planned) run and the main "protagonist" is still the same character he was at the start - 90% butt of jokes, innocent to the point of naivete and showing competence mainly in the pilots seat. Kaz is mostly a POV character, not a protagonist.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Resistance is what you make of it. I personally like it enough to continue watching.

17. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I really liked the last episode. It still has too much of the plot resting on what a klutz Kaz is, but it was good regardless. I'm really interested in what the new 'relic hunter' will bring to the series...

I do hope this ties in to TROS. If there's gonna be the huge 'everybody's in' battle at the end, wouldn't this crew need to show up, too?

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    looks like we'll be getting away from the filler. Glad to see a new face.

20. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    The end credits are good.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Tam is easily my favorite character in the series, and her story - far and above Kaz's at this point - is what's driving the intrigue of the series moving forward. To me, Kaz is like a more coherent Jar Jar; which is odd because at least at the beginning you got the impression that Neeku was supposed to be the comic relief.

22. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Resistance is a bit hit and miss for me. most of the time it's ok,but when its good it's really good. I find it refreshing that it's not about a jedi.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that was pretty much established from the beginning; and one thing that was interesting in the most recent episode was how the lead character, Kaz, didn't seem to even believe in it at all.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    That shows how much he knows!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Boy, can't wait for Kaz to get a lightsaber and become a Jedi who arrives in TROS to help save the day with the kids from Canto Bight while riding Falthiers

clone commander bossk likes this.