main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dolby poster for ROS gives us a new detail of the ISD fleet...

[​IMG]

Don't recall being able to make out the red markings in the trailers before.

2. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Interesting, they seem to have ISD II communication towers, wonder if we will get both versions or just one

3. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Closeup shot of the "new" B-wing. Analyze away...[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    The B-Wing Mk III ;)
    This seems to be the same group from the D23 Trailer.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    A lot worse than the ROTJ B-wing. Those two tiny engines look pointless and the rear of the cockpit section has an ugly blocky look instead of the smooth cone of the original.

Pons likes this.
  6. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    Wait...are seriously all the starfighters in this final battle......ROTJ advanced models????

7. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    New Starhawk art from Armada, including one of the Concord getting shredded by Ravager. Couldn't find any in better quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Yep, straight out of the 80's. How refreshing. How imaginative.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    If that poster didn't have Rise of Skywalker on it I'd easily mistake it as something from the OT-era. Well, I just hope their new Battle of Endor has nice special effects. I wonder how long an A-wing rams a Star Destroyer.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Eh, we already saw them rehash a ton of OT ships in the previous two films, so *shrug*. Besides, the trailer gave us that cool shot of the Y-wing doing a barrel roll and firing at the Star Destroyer...and we actually get to see some B-wings flying around. If nothing else, it looks like we'll get a better Battle of Endor.

Fire Dog and vncredleader like this.
  11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    How in the hell will

Could a fleet of starfighters go up against all those Star Destroyers!!!!!!!!! Starfighters against a thousand Star Destroyers and without the New Republic Fleet courtesy of the First Order, this is hard to get my head around yet.

Fire Dog likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    While I agree that it would have been nice to get some new models, one could argue that the main reason we got so many new models between TPM & ROTJ was that the galaxy’s Shift towards warfare needed the development of new designs as they figured out what worked best. And what started in the OT was “peak” model design- they had their bomber model, their interceptor model, their cap killer model, their all-purpose fighter model, etc.

After Endor/Jakku, they had their peak models and their manufacturers and just iterated on them- especially as the NR wasn’t going to throw a lot of money into military expansion/entirely new craft since they were disarming things.

And, now, that’s what is left for the Resistance to use after all this time.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Daneira likes this.
  13. Long Snoot

Long Snoot Jedi Master star 2

Mar 1, 2018
    I'm going to be a bit pissed if those new B-Wings don't have MK II cockpits.

CernStormrunner, Fire Dog and Snafu55 like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Sith are gonna win this, aren’t they?

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This whole issue of just revamping old models (and often not that much) is really fascinating to me right now, because on the one hand it has been a major problem with ST designs from the start and I've never really been happy with that. But OTOH it's really hard to not get the feeling that the massive ISD push in relation to TRoS and its marketing is on some level an acknowledgment that the Resurgent is a kinda meh design that, even accounting for how iconic the ISD is, does not live up to its predecessor at all. It's like, from what I've seen everyone agrees they should have had more original designs but simultaneously everyone is also pretty much on board with a case of outright reversion to the past.

Snafu55 likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's funny- I didn't care for the Resstar, either (outside of the one TFA shot that was awesome in 3D- but that might have had more to do with he 3D than the ship design itself). But as I've begun catching up to the TFA era materials, I'm finding I'm starting to like a lot og aspects of it and a few angles of it. Naturally, that's when they decide to revert to Impstars ;).

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Also Fallen Order uses some BF2 models. Though both games are punished by EA, so that’s technically in them family’

They were there in the first trailer.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Autocorrect knows EA well [face_laugh]

19. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Whoops.

Though a certainly wouldn’t apply that term to BF2 and fallen order.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Don't forget Bf2 would have been punished hard with microtransactions if Disney hadn't protected it. You would be paying real money for your X-Wing's virtual fuel otherwise.

21. Tuskin38

Jul 15, 2010
    Eh, there’s no evidence that Disney was involved with that reversal.

The Star Wars mobile games are still full of them. As is SWTOR

Plus Battlefield V doesn’t have any loot boxes and Disney has nothing to do with that. I think this was fully an EA decision from the negative PR.

22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    All this frowning over "too many OT ship designs!" and "the engines are too small!" and I'm just over here excited that we might finally get to see a B-wing in action :D

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Complaints about OT ship designs aside...that is a plus.

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Yeah, the lack of huge advancements after 30 years is not that bad considering most of the new ships are from the last days of the Galactic Civil War and are already decades old by the time of the ST.

MC85: 5 ABY
    Nebulon-C: pre-demilitarization, so probably 5 ABY
    Vakbeor: Imperial era (if we assume Gallofree folded around the same time in canon, this could’ve debuted as early as 3 BBY)
    Bunkerbuster: by 4 ABY
    Starfortress: 5 ABY
    T-70 X-Wing: 5 ABY
    RZ-2 A-Wing: by 7 ABY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You guys don't like the Resurgent? I think it's the only ST ship design that I happen to like. If it were just stuck into Legends, everything would be all good.

vncredleader and Long Snoot like this.