main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    That Mando one will go quick.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    It is for PG Members only. Not my thing - but it is nice.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  3. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, I saw that, which sucks, I don't like the subscription thing. Doesn't really matter though, Mando stuff is gonna sell. The show is awesome.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've done it for years with them, some years I've skipped because the gifts didn't excite me. But I like the Ponda Boda bust and wanted the exclusive Rey statue. I'm hoping to see more cool exclusives.

5. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    How many statues do they put out a year that are only available to members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It depends. Sometimes they have quite a few, sometimes not so many.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Premier Guild members only beyond this point! People can’t stop talking about The Mandalorian on Disney+, and now the highly requested mini-bust is here! Measuring approximately 6 inches tall, this 1/6 scale bust depicts the bounty hunter with blaster and flamethrower at the ready, and features detailed sculpting and paint applications. The bust comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity, and is limited to 3,000 pieces. It was sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios, and will hit stores in Fall of 2020.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Gentle Giant Ltd. release! The Rise of Skywalker has come! The new Star Wars movie introduced the world to Sith Troopers, with their distinctive red armor, and this new mini-bust depicts one wielding a matching blaster rifle. Measuring approximately 6 inches tall, this 1/6 scale bust features detailed sculpting and paint applications and comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. It is limited to an edition of 1,000 pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Curses - I have no self control, I ordered the Mando mini-bust. Figure it's cheaper than getting a Hot Toys figure.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  10. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, but I thought you pre-ordered the Hot Toys Mando figure with The Child.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Are you saying I can't have multiple things on Pre-order? So far I've got this Mando mini-bust, the Sideshow Child Statue, and the Hot Toys Mando/Child deluxe 1/6 scale figures on pre-order. These so far are going to make a nice display...Lord only knows when any will actually ship.

12. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah no doubt. I have 5-6 things on pre-order, 4 currently from Sideshow/Hot Toys. First one is suppose to come out at the end of the month if it’s not delayed by Diamond. The Gentle
    Giant Maul mini bust (from Solo), can’t wait.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm quite sure all of Diamond's busts will be delayed. Everything in China is shut down. I'm thinking things that were supposed to come out in the next couple of months will be end of year. That includes all of Hasbro's stuff. I've got a couple other Child toys on pre-order also. I'm expecting them to be pushed back to Fall or so.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you hear for sure, post it in the Hasbro and the Coronavirus thread as well. I'm going to rename the thread to make it more general in nature.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  15. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I cancelled my pre-orders for the Han Solo (Corellia) Mini Bust and the Luke Skywalker (Crait) Mini Bust last year. It was taking too long to receive them. I just noticed that Luke Skywalker (Crait) is now available, and Han Solo (Corellia) is still not available. What is taking so long for the Han Solo (Corellia) Mini Bust to be released?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Does it say anything on the website about delays?

17. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    No. It only says “Pre-Order”. I am considering pre-ordering the Mandalorian Mini Bust, but I am hesitant for the same reason. It is scheduled to be released in July. I am hoping that they release a Luke Skywalker (Ahch-To) Mini Bust as well. I prefer that to Luke Skywalker (Crait).

18. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    As long as they don’t cancel the busts I’m good. Sideshow has pushed back dates on a lot of their pre-orders as well. Nothing we can do but wait.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If these are made in China that might still be a factor. There also might be delays in shipping from the factory due to the international flight situation.

20. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I agree, Fett. I have been collecting these mini busts for 18 years. The delays are worse than ever recently. Thanks for the replies.

21. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I realize this is a mini bust thread, but it is Gentle Giant, soooo.....I had been considering ordering the Padme Animated Snowbunny Maquette from China off of Ebay, I delayed it a few times because I was worried about some small print that said when it arrived at customs there might be taxes and fees attached to it that would need to be paid. I have ordered a lot of stuff from China and I swear I never saw that in the sale ad, so I didn't order it, spent my money on paying down some bills, which were already fine as they were. Anyways, my son says, Mom, the ads always say that stuff, so I decided I would buy it as soon as my stimulus check came in. So don't you know it, my son's check came in but mine didn't and someone bought it today, in fact, two of the three that have been for sale on Ebay were sold today, so I think someone out there had my idea and beat me to the draw. The one still left, they want over $550 + $40 shipping as his buy it now price and that is too steep for me. I will continue to keep my eye out for another one though. She is very hard to come by, only shows up on the market every now and then.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Talking statues is fine here.

I wouldn't spend tons from China unless they have impeccable feedback.

Keep checking - people need moola, I bet more will show up here.

23. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am checking several sites a few times a week. I don't sleep as much now as I had gotten used too. I carry my worries to bed. So I will drown my worries in collectibles, at least a little bit.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Special Holographic Darth Maul Mini-Bust announced available today - @Darth Maul Apprentice

Buying schedule

PRE-ORDER SCHEDULE:

• May 5 - Starting at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST, sales open to Platinum Members only
    • May 6 - Starting at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST, sales open to Platinum & Gold Members
    • May 7 - Starting at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST, sales open to All Premier Guild Members
    • May 8 - Starting at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST, sales open to the General Public

[​IMG]

25. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah saw that. I’m not a member so it’ll be interesting to see if it makes it to the public offering.