main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    I always thought that he’s already had visions of Padmé dying in childbirth and is now shocked when she says she’s pregnant. Suddenly those visions are becoming more real and the clock is now ticking.

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @yodaman_reborn Hmm. Interesting interpretation. [face_thinking] I always thought we saw his first vision of Padme dying in childbirth, but it's possible he might've had some before. Next time I watch ROTS, I'll keep your interpretation in mind to see if that changes the way I see things.

3. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Well in AOTC he was having them well before the movie so I just assumed it was the same in ROTS. He seemed pretty calm and confident before the pregnancy news and then goes into full anxiety breakdown afterwards.

4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Exactly, because he didn’t have anything to worry about. Pretending he wasn’t married to Padme is one thing. :p Pretending her kid isn’t his? Kinda difficult.

5. Starwarsisover

Starwarsisover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2017
    One of my favourite prequel moments is obi wans superman leap in duel of the fates it’s still mind blowing.

I wish Lucas had used this device more in the obi wan anakin fight.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  6. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    My favorite moment in the PT is Obi-Wan's line from ROTS "Anakin is the father, isn't he? I'm so sorry."

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah, the both the old with clone wars stuff and the clone wars.current Canon establish that Yoda, Obiwan, and Anoka at least had some idea that Anakin and Padme were at least in some type of Sexual relationship(Legends comic before set shortly before Obi-wan interrupting a weekend get away for the couple on Naboo where they are in their bathrobes.
    [​IMG]

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    This shot, when Grievous briefly turns his head and we his heart beating from above:
    [​IMG]

A fascinating glimpse at the last remaining organs beneath the machine.

9. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    One of my favorite moments is when Anakin and Padme are in the Lars garage in AOTC knowing that Luke is going to be in the same garage in 22 years time.
    My most favorite moment is the "Ani, I'm pregnant." moment. Partially because up until ROTS it was stated that Anakin never knew Padme was pregnant. And I love the fact that he did know.

MissAlyssa, cratylus, BadCane and 2 others like this.
  10. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    ^ To be fair, his reaction told me he didn’t know until she told him.

teamhansolo likes this.
  11. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    No he didn't. But the ROTJ novel claimed that he never knew before he turned to the Dark Side.
    I meant up until ROTS, the actual movie, came out, every other source on the matter said he didn't know. Not up until she told him in the movie.[face_batting]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    cratylus likes this.
  12. TK-2814

TK-2814 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2019
    I recently watched TPM during Thanksgiving weekend and I really love the mother/child moments between Shmi and Anakin. As much as I love the scene where Anakin leaves and Shmi puts on a brave face even when he runs back to her, there's the scene where Shmi kisses him on the cheek and as like most 8 year old boys Anakin gets grossed out by by it. It just feels so genuine..

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    All batteries fire, fire!
    *cue Escape From Naboo*
    Reverse stabilizers!
    Magnetize, magnetize!
    Fire the emergency booster engines!

14. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    I'm watching ROTS right now and I'm reminded that I really love Anakin and Obi-Wan's chemistry during the whole rescue sequence at the beginning. You can really feel the camaraderie that has been built up between them during their adventures.

15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    When Obi Wan tells Anakin he is very proud of him. Anakin looks down but you can tell he really wanted to hear this.

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    That's a really nice moment and some great subtle acting by Hayden. You can see how humbled Anakin feels by Obi-Wan's respect for him. I really like how that moment is character development for both of them.

Until Lucas comes and rips our hearts out :_| :p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Thinking about the opera scene from Revenge of the Sith.

Anakin walks in, and Palpatine is avuncular, casually chatting with Anakin, invites him to sit down, and then turns to his entourage, his entire voice and demeanor changing in an instant when he says, "Leave us," with barely concealed menace. And they leave without a moment of hesitation! Next time Palpatine speaks, he's soft and friendly again.

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    When Anakin says to Qui-Gon: "No one can kill a Jedi."

Not only is that line incredibly ominous, even in 1999, but the way Anakin says it with certainty as if the Jedi are superheroes, makes it all the more tragic knowing he will become one of the most notorious Jedi killers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  19. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Even moreso in the videogame tie-in. When you (as Qui-Gon) start randomly killing NPCs, Anakin will storm off saying, "I won't help murderers!" Ironic given what happens merely 13 years later.

20. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    And I love Qui-Gon's response: "I wish that were so."

So much sadness and regret in such a simple line. Liam Neeson absolutely nailed that delivery.

21. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah! I love catching glimpses of him letting facade down.

The music during that scene... And the lighting of the bubbles make it all very seductive and haunting.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Now, I know this shot featuring a Jedi dual wielding has been shared in this thread before:
    [​IMG]

But just now I also spotted another time it shows up, slightly earlier in the Arena fight (centre of shot):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  23. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Not my absolute favourite moment in the prequels, but one of the moments I like very much is seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan's starfighters flying in tandem at the start of Sith. They fly in tandem so beautifully that it's as though one is watching synchronised swimming, and one has to realise that they are not starfighter pilots who may have been trained to do this (remember Obi-Wan says he hates flying! :p), but simply two people whose actions were coordinated so naturally as a reflection of the strength of the bond between them. Then it all goes downwards from there...

24. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Qui-gon was such a cool looking Jedi Master!
    [​IMG]

MarcJordan and Deliveranze like this.
  25. Jedi_Prophet77

Jedi_Prophet77 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2017
    Episode I: Anakin leaves his mother. Great acting by Jake Lloyd and Pernilla August. Heart-rending, yet epic soundtrack by John Williams. Great dialogue by GL ('But you can't stop the change any more than you can stop the suns from setting' ... 'Now, be brave, and don't look back. Don't look back').

Episode II: Anakin's discovery of his mother, massacre of the Tusken camp, and confession to Padme ... Wow.

Episode III: Going with Anakin and Obi-Wan giving each other a very hostile double-handed high-five with exploding lava in the background. I pause it and play it over and over all the time. Amazing visual.

VaccumBoots, darkspine10 and JeanNo like this.