main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Cool. Unlike my flying.

superstardestroyer-1 likes this.
  2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Wish I hadn’t read them. But I was very displeased by the Louisiana lawyer/liar who didn’t seem to have actually watched the TLJ premiere but was apparently reporting second hand information from someone who had. For example, Kylo Ren didn’t throw his lightsaber at Snoke and kill him, etc.

However, enough of the information was true—and fortunately, I loved TLJ. Saw it 4 times.

Still, don’t know what to think of the leaks for TROS. Better to go in with somewhat lower expectations. But this being SW, the expectations won’t be too low.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  3. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I was thinking about the IX story this morning, and I am genuinely curious why - after Carris Fisher died - they didn’t cut the Luke death scene from the end of TLJ and find a way to bring Luke back in IX?

They could have had Luke and Rey facing off against Palpatine and Kylo.

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Colin Trevorrow has the answer.
    Someone on Twitter should ask him if he asked.

The-Clone-Wars and Emperor Ferus like this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Honestly, from what I've heard, it might have been better if Trevorrow had directed this film, especially given what he supposedly had in mind for Luke.
    That's just for me of course.

6. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    How much time has passed between TLJ and the new movie? Do we know yet?

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  8. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Okay. Cool. Thanks.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Which reduces the adventure potential for comics and the like.

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  10. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Better than it taking place right off the end of the last movie, like they did with TLJ and TFA, though.

whostheBossk and The-Clone-Wars like this.
  11. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    I mean they even gave us that fake out moment of Leia dying.......and then...nope, Mary Poppins.

I don't understand the thought process there.

12. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Yes! Especially if they are trying to go for Rey just taking the Skywalker name, which I still doubt.

The-Clone-Wars and alwayslurking like this.
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yep. One year is better than nothing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    The-Clone-Wars and LawgSkrak like this.
  14. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I just have to say, after a life time of being bothered that her image was exploited beyond reason and either sexually, mockingly, or without consent... to a degree that it fueled her depression and was a constant topic in her books about her substance abuse and depression... I wish Disney could be slapped in the face for continuing to exploit her actual image after her death. It’s tacky beyond reason. Her role should have ended with the last film to be respectful. Lookalikes and cgi for the sake of flashbacks are different... but CGIing the dead? Naw. Please no. It doesn’t matter if they do it “respectfully”. They are exploiting her image AGAIN and will make a profit in merch.

Given the circumstances and for the story, Luke shouldn’t have died. Hamil is more than sufficient to step in as a mentor character.

15. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    If actual physics were taken into college consideration Endor and all life on it would have been devastated shortly after the battle from any falling debris

16. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    This. But even if they left him dead, couldn't force ghosts still physically do things? Like Yoda hitting Luke with a cane? Idk, I thought after all of the backlash we would get him back in some what shape or form and get some unfinished business. But it just looks like he will probably be talking to Rey...meh.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  17. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Yes @ ATSM. You raise an important point. Disney/Lucasfilm are taking this disregard for the dead yet another step further. I don't know if it's a dangerous precedent, but it's certainly a disturbing one.