main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I've been hoping for this for a long time now. Now with Disney +, and the slew of SW opportunities it offers, I think it's the perfect time for Lucasfilm to visit this idea.

"The exciting conclusion to the epic Ewok Trilogy, decades in the making...."

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    who else are they brutally gonna kill off at the start? Wilford Brimley? (Well, okay, reality has done that too already.) CGI Wilford Brimley?

It should just be basically a revenge tale with the grown up Cindel and Wicket. Kill Bill. But with Ewoks. Which would be about as bloody.

3. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Brimley is alive. I'd love a cameo from him in any SW project, to make his character official in the Disney era. That being said, I honestly don't care what they deem canon, because the Ewok movies and those characters will always hold a special place in my heart.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Canonization of the Ewok movies would be neat but I would still be okay with if they chose not to canonize them (though as I probably have said before I still deem them as canon due to being in my headcanon).

On another note, with the Disney+ streaming service on the horizon, maybe it's a good time they dug up these two films as well as the Ewoks & Droids shows and released them on there? With how they aim for an extensive library I see no reason why not.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Avnar, BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I want to see a cynical Cindel bitterly milking a blurrg.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only thing that can kill Brimley is assassin droid Die-8-BDZ.

BigAl6ft6, Bor Mullet and indydefense like this.
  7. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    [face_laugh]

Noah was the OG cynical hermit! Cindel must've learned from him.

I always joke that Cindel grew up to be Phasma. The story group could say that she and Noah settled on Passana. She did tell Wicket "I wish we had furry creatures like you where I come from."

BigAl6ft6, cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. indydefense

Jan 2, 2019
    Oops! I meant to type Parnassos instead of Pasana! Parnassos is Phasma's homeworld, whereas Pasana is
    the desert planet in TROS.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I think the most realistic thing we could get at this point is a series of animated shorts featuring Ewoks... would be a nice callback to the earlier show... we've already got a mini-moment with Knees as previously mentioned. I wish that they would be bold enough to let some low budget risks take place... a four episode Ewoks series, that either recreates the Ewok movies or even just reboots them... for the sake of the dedicated, it would be very cool to introduce the Towanis into canon, but to put a new spin on their characters.

Love the idea of 'concluding the trilogy' though... casting for grown-up Cindel? My mind first sprang to 90s era Keri Russell (doesn't work, browner than blonder, plus she's both not in the 90s anymore, and also in Ep 9), but I think Chloe Grace Moretz could do it with a little more curl to the hair... if you wanted lots of media attention, fan rage and confusion, maybe get Taylor Swift. CGM is my real choice, but I think I'll spend the rest of the day drafting a script with Taylor Swift as Cindel Towani in mind... :p

ABH1979, GunganSlayer and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Taylor Swift in SW?! Blasphemy!

I think Battle for Endor was a nice ending to the Ewok movies, but I'd happily watch a third act to that story, though none of the original actors would likely be involved. I'd like to see Sian Phillips as Charal, along with some other Nightsisters, though she's now in her mid-80s (like Brimley). I think they'd have trouble capturing the simply magic from the originals, but if The Mandalorian is any indication, they could make it visually stunning at the very least.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    if Rey's training in Rise of Skywalker involves her on Endor outrunning a Gorax I'm sending LFL a fruit basket.

Siphonophore and GregMcP like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah. I want that to be The Forest Moon of...

13. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I'm surprised, considering some of the bottom of the barrel offerings that are being put on Disney+ (The Barefoot Executive, anyone?), that the Ewok movies and Droids/Ewoks cartoons are not on it at launch but I'm holding out hope they will be at some point. Just slap a Legends logo on them if need be. I want to pretend it's 1985 again for a few nights.

14. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    I want a full Ewoks revival — new live action/CG movies, new animated series, new comics, new merchandise. I want it all.

15. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    kevmp likes this.
  16. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    don't forget the Tartakovsky Clone Wars! :)

GunganSlayer, kevmp and cwustudent like this.
  17. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I did request the Ewok movies and Droids/Ewoks cartoons, along with the classic Muppet Show. I consider the Mark Hamill episode from 1980 part of the SW canon!

18. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    I went with:
    Star Wars: Ewok Adventures (Caravan of Courage & Battle of Endor)
    Star Wars: Clone Wars (Genndy Tartakovsky 2013 version)
    Star Wars: Detours

indydefense and kevmp like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why they haven’t released Detours is a bit amazing they have like 30 episodes done and ready

I did Clone Wars, Droids and Ewoks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t believe they didn’t find a way to get the Ewok movies, at least, into the platform. Those are gold.

indydefense and TCF-1138 like this.
  21. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I'm hoping the reason the Ewok movies and cartoons as well as the Droids series weren't on Disney+ at launch is because they're maybe remastering them for HD before they put them up.

Also, put these damn shows out on blu ray already. And bring them back into canon. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be canon. As far as I know, they contradict nothing.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  22. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    With such significant interest in live action SW (due to the Mandalorian), I'm sure countless fans would like to be introduced to the Ewok movies, likewise there are many hardcore fans that would love to see them in HD and have the opportunity to buy them on BR. Some feel they are a bit too kid oriented, but as Lucas said many times - all of SW was intended to be directed toward kids. It locks us in at a young age, and we take it with us into adulthood, that's why we crave this content from decades ago. The Ewok movies are a significant part of my childhood, and I'd like them to get more recognition as Lucas classics.

TCF-1138 and LawgSkrak like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it’s more or less confirmed that Bail had the droids until Episode 4 from Episode 3 but I guess you could say they got lost.

LawgSkrak likes this.
  24. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I find it highly believable that they may have.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. indydefense

Jan 2, 2019
    Me:

BigAl6ft6, Demon4x4 and LawgSkrak like this.