main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Right???

So I’m not going to get my hopes up... but I might want that bathroom message plastered all over fan-made merch.

Just saying.

2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Now looking back with a certain spoiler for TROS in mind: Could Mara Jade in Legends be a daughter of Palpatine that he had with one of his concubines?

Would maybe explain her force potential and righ rank as one of the Emperor's hands. Maybe the most important of them.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

3. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    I really like this theory. It would explain the blatant familial bond and loyalties she has towards him... and why he seems to have a tiny soft spot for her, despite manipulating her and using her like a well-valued tool. I mean, she messes up killing Skywalker... a major threat, and he is merely disappointed in her (which crushes her more than any threat; daddy issues much?) and sends her on a lavish vacation shortly after??

It would certainly keep the force-wielding dynasty theory intact: Mara carrying on the Palpatine line. Mixing it with the line of his greatest protégée. Maybe that was why “the Emperor Reborn” was so obsessed with having a Luke and Mara set of his own... whether they were originals or merely clones.

(super wish that my MJ discussion thread hadn’t been shut down without warning. This so good shiz for a focused discussion...)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    So it was suggested that I move my MJ topic in here to spark some club talk, and seeing that a few days have passed and I can now post again without risk of an official double posting crime...I thought I would add more while the iron is hot. See if any one else is interested in giving their two cents on this!

So, if you didn’t see the short-lived discussion thread...I would like to explore Mara Jade’s relationship with Emperor Palpatine: if it is possible that the Emperor could of had any level of capacity of affections for her; Why he kept her “neither light nor dark Jedi”; and how this “experimental“ plan for her affected Mara’s personality and how she would relate/interact with others...and how she utilizes the Force.

I’ll start off by saying that even though there are characters that wondered if Mara was a concubine of Emperor Palpatineand it is never denied NOR confirmed if she was… I full-heartedly believe that their relationship was more of a father figure/mentor and daughter dynamic at most. Or as close to one as the emperor was capable of. And I don’t know how much force deception he did with her to convince her that his affection, whether paternal or professional, was real… But it was certainly convincing enough for her to give unguarded and loyalty, a drive to make him proud, and for her to mentally/physically break down when she learned/felt his death to the force.
    Another clue to my theory is that when he calls out to Mara, he calls her “My Hand” or “My Child” (compared to Vader’s “my apprentice” or Luke’s condescending “boy”): A function and a possible relationship status. That doesn’t sound like the pet names of a lover… pet names that would objectify her sexually or as a desirable person to him. I think that her canon good looks gave Palpatine pleasure in the sense that she is a finely honed weapon, pretty to behold, and completely in his pocket. An ownership and joy in knowing that she belong to him and no one else could have her... in anyway.Which is extremely toxic… But at least one degree less ick then the thought of him and Mara as LUVAHS. *hurls in space trash can*

That’s the dynamic I’m pegging them as having, which would fit with how betrayed Mara feels when she finds out the truth about how he deceived her in basically everything. But I wonder...in having this “experiment” of a child that could walk the line between light and dark... do you think it is possible that Palpatine could have caught the feels for this fiery child? Galactic domination was his drive... but what is it worth if he doesn’t have a legacy to carry it on? A legacy that does not seek to usurp him? A legacy that embraces even a monster like Emperor Palpatine?

I am so lit for this topic right now! Come at me, fellow Jadites!

Darth Caliban likes this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I doubt Palpatine had sexual liaisons with anyone. Not even those where there were definite rumors like Roganda Ismaren(though there is just enough room for doubt there).

If Mara had served as Palpatine's mistress in any capacity, I think there would be stronger evidence for it, when basically none exists.

AllTheSingleMaras likes this.
  6. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    He had Triclops as his son. This seems to prove that he had some sexual encounters before.

Maybe he also had Mara as his daughter and she may have been actually his favorite child. That might be why she was treated way better than all of his underlings and was maybe one of the most influential persons at the Emperor's court.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Not to mention she seemed to be the only Emperor's Hand who could communicate with him the way she did.

If she was his daughter, can you imagine Ben Skywalker being the grandson of two Sith Lords, and was in love with a Sith girl (not to mention having a cousin become a Sith).

8. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah And don't forget Anakin possibly being created by Plagueis

PCCViking likes this.
  9. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    And yet, the Skywalker family has delivered or helped to deliver more blows to the Sith than ever thought possible. ;)

10. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    I guess the entire saga is simply the story about one big family dispute

PCCViking likes this.
  11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Or the Star Wars version of Family Feud. :p

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That was never confirmed, just rumor and hints. And Ismaren pushing that because it had political benefits.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    She wasn't the only one of "Palpatine's concubines" - according to Children of the Jedi, there were a whole group of them. It's possible that they were entirely for show, though.

14. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Honestly given that Ledgends turn like every other unmarried man into a womanizer, from Tarkin and Paelleon to Anakin Solo(at times), I wouldn´t be really suprised if Palpatine had a harem.

15. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Actually there were things hinting at Palps being a womanizer in one chapter of the Darth Plagueis novel

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    As a woman I just want to say

'Gross, no thanks'

That is all.

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

AllTheSingleMaras and PCCViking like this.
  17. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Who said the harem is there by choice? There are sith that go off the deep edge to explore all pleasures and chaos to spite order and restraint. Not all, but certainly the emperor, first a sleazy politician, and then dark overlord, fits the category. He likes his pretty things... but sometimes looking isn’t enough. Or so I’m guessing.

it’s all kinda... ick, that’s why I’m not focusing on HOW Mara could be his daughter or daughter-like... and more of WHY.

So there are some who think the Emperor is incapable or has no desire to father a child... what about emotionally? Why does the Mara “experiment” get such special treatment? And why does he go out of his way to bond with her, put her on assignments that are good or grey on the morality scale? It’s like he didn’t want her to fall, but he kept her down enough to keep her on his side.

He even refused to take her on as a student in the force, yet trusted her to be loyal and protect him.

THIS IS THE MARA JADE ORIGIN STORY I NEEEEED.

Also, I feel that the Skywalker dynasty is always present to bring balance to the force, whether by a Jedi or Sith. Because it always seems like corruption takes root in good eventually... and good can sprout in a dessert of darkness.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I´m not sure if the emperor would have a desire for a child, he plans on living for ever so any idea of a child as a heir or something wouldn´t apply to him. Another option would be companionchip but then again would the emperor ever desire a companion? Maybe I guess, maybe even he wants someone to talk to who isn´t a violent rage driven brute like Vader or a ice cold ideological fanatic like Tarkin. Could even be the reason he doesn´t train her further because he wants to prevent Mara from groing so strong she might one day decide to turn upon him.

19. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Oh snap, you’re right. The plan was to live forever. However... because he had concubines and special relationships, that leads me to believe that there was still a part of him, however small... that would need companionship in his immortality. Maybe his menagerie of sith and hands was him sorting who would make a good immortal “child” of his. And since Mara was the only one who really loved him in a daughter like capacity, I would think she would make the cut. He wants her strong... but not stronger than him.

Guys I just really want this head canon to fly... but there’s too many blind spots!

While I believe the Emperor is irredeemable as a character, I still think he is able to love, in his own, sick, Thanos-like way... Mara is his Gamora. Only she didn’t wise up to his manipulations until after his death...imo.

Darth Caliban and PCCViking like this.
  20. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    If you think a Mara Jade origins story and lead into the Thrawn Trilogy with Sebastian Stan as Luke would totally work, clap your hands!

*CLAP* *CLAP*

PCCViking likes this.
  21. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    All yah’all should be clapping yo mother kriffing hands, paws, talons, fins, etc...

(I just really wanna geek out over Mara Jade. Come on, guyzzzz)

22. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    Who takes longer to get ready, Luke or Mara? Justify your answer. Paint a mental picture.

23. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
  24. AllTheSingleMaras

Aug 16, 2019
    PHOTO SHOPPED! Lol

I believe she was being selective because of an imperial mission. Before her partnership with Luke.

But who takes longer on a regular basis?

I mean everyone assumes its going to be Mara, but Luke has the layers, and he’s commented on more then one occasion how effortless it is for her to look stunning... while he gets self conscious standing next to her in his blacks, Jedi and duster garb

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I would think Luke honestly.

Mara isn't fashion blind by any means, or uninterested in her appearance but she is also supremely practical. She'll wear, do her hair, and everything in a way that fits what the day is going to be about. If she had to wear something old or out of style, she would and she wouldn't care. She's also not going to spend an hour in the morning getting ready.

As an imperial hand, she wore disguises and various outfits depending on the mission.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    AllTheSingleMaras and PCCViking like this.