main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    * Adjusts robots voice to be more feminine, but simply sounds butch *
    Lost cause here, miss.

2. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Seriously though, I'm finding some of the renaming to be highly accurate. :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You have no idea how freaking random I was with it, I didn't even try to match anything! As my husband would say 'That's more ass than class!' ;)

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Curious to see how the The Epitaph Prologue fulfils being a ship of dreams… though I'm sure that will be more clear as the story progresses.

5. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    WE HAVE LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN THE RPF AWARDS.

If you have voted, THANK YOU! If not, pleeeeaaase consider contributing. There are several races that are currently tied or separated by 1. Single. VOTE. We need yours.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Both of us would team up as the Pretty Woman. Then we would have to lock Abeloth away or @Darth_wanderguard would quit the minute he knew she was involved. :p

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You guys are taking this way too seriously!! Like I'd EVER touch any of @Sinrebirth's games!!! :eek: I've got guts, but I like them where they are, and this long term stand off we have suits me just fine, not blood is spilled this way!

8. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    @Adalia-Durron I feel like... you should be in charge of naming his games tho. A little retouching, without being too handsy. :D

darthhelinith and DarthIshyZ like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now wouldn't that confuse you all? [face_mischief]

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    April Fools day 2020 sorted

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You think I'd wait that long?

You're funny. [face_mischief]

EDIT: It is done, now I await @Sinrebirth s awakening........kinda like the Force but better. :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *wakes up*

*looks around*

She did it! She actually did it!

*frantically tries to remember which is which*

[face_rofl]

13. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    *whistles to myself softly, in a dark corner of the bar, enjoying the show.*

Sent from the void of space

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
  16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! [:D]

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Is amused no one has noticed other than Sinre....

DarthIshyZ and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I noticed, just enjoying the show ;)

19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Is amused when someone assumes something incorrect.

Sent from the void of space

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, those who have noticed are not disturbed or confused............that is what I meant!!!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I do wonder at my several characters altered fates. The Fault in our Stars indeed. [face_thinking]

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So, Mitthy, you're slightly misaligned....that's it? Wow, this was a waste of my talents! :p

DarthIshyZ and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    OMG [face_laugh]

Happy Thanksgiving to you, @greyjedi125 and everyone else! :D

EDIT: WINNERS HAVE BEEN POSTED FOR THE RPF AWARDS! Congrats to all! =D=

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have a question completely based on me getting older and most likely losing my memory with age and gaining weight at the same time while re-watching The Mandalorian, Solo, and Rogue One until my eyes bleed. Wish it could be the other way around on gaining memory and losing weight. :p

For context, I've devoted 100% of my RPF time to 3 games: Star Wars: Intervention (2009-2013), Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (2013-2016), and Paradoxical Echoes (2017-to present) since June 2009 (I've been at the boards since 2001). Because of those games' heavy story content, much of my time has been devoted to the games and their respected players & staff. Even more-so, my socializing on other RPF threads (like here & earlier versions of here) has reflected that GM work load. Heck, Paradoxical has its own wiki page with 599 entries, of which 569 are story details. So I hope that context illustrates how much of a hermit I can be at times and that my general outward view & understanding of the greater RPF (even 18 years later) can be restrictive at times.

In light of that depressing hermit-like existence, I've noticed (since 2019 for me, at least; game starts goes back to 2017 usually) several games under the same Game Master (2 or 3) and multiple players in multiple games. While I have always been of the school of thought to let loose and have fun, I'm also one of detail & loyalty to 1 game and old rules. The old rules applies to my question here. Geeze...going all the way back to 2009, I remember there being limits on the number of games a GM could run, etc; I think it was 1 game per GM with 2 games being with special permission from Mods and one OOC thread in resource per game (if memory serves, assistant GMs were under mirrored restrictions). Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

So, my question is simple and---reflecting on that question---some serious praise given to the new direction (if any) the RPF leadership has gone, or if its mostly thanks to Disney and a new & larger pool of Star Wars fans (or a combination of both maybe???? :confused: ). I remember the bottom dwelling basement days a few years before "The Move" in 2012 when we had the hard core loyal corps of players & GMs in the RMF and finding a new player, let alone a new game that stayed around for more then a few weeks, was like finding the Holy Grail. So whatever has changed, its a good change, because when I see Paradoxical in the bottom 3 games on the first page after 1 day, my heart swells with nerdy tears of pride. :-B It was strange to ever see Intervention dip beyond the mid-page range even after a solid week of no new posts, so that goes to show you the jump in activity from my point of view.

• What, if any, has changed on our end in the RPF? Did we relax rules on GM-run games that increased variety for players to patriciate in & pick from? And hence increase traffic?

• If not solely #1, did the relaunch of Star Wars with Disney really increase traffic that much by 2015 with the release of TFA? Looking back, the new trilogy has largely been a disappointment (TFA was ANH retold and fanboy eye candy---although it was good eye candy), but we couldn't predict Kathleen Kennedy's brain dump at the head of Lucasfilm since 2015 (verses Rogue One did excellent & Solo deserves more praise then it got (Solo is a solid OT era film that was released after the disaster & joke that was TLJ and between Avengers and Deadpool 2 to overshadow its financial output---its hard to afford 3 new films in a month for most people, especially families with children that cost more to take to just one movie). And I can't think a largely divided fan base has attracted that many new players to the PRF...or am I just wrong and Disney has that much cultural pull for pooling new fans in Star Wars universe and the RPF? The "product" has out weighed the quality so much that it doesn't matter to a new generation of fans (like PT verses OT fans)?

• Are we still recruiting (from my point of view) college-level students as newbies or have we gradually filled more later early life demographics (30's & 40's) as the boards have aged? Heck, I've been here 18 years, so I started in high school on my lunch block in the library. :p I had a brief run-in with 2 years of college (and spike in activity at the boards for me personally), but mostly, I've been your average nerd much of those 18 years working a 40 hour work week. Typically when I see newbies, its either college-level students or working adults attending a Master's program (a course that is in context that it use to be high school kids like me back in the early 2000's).

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!