main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I totally agree, and share the same sentiment, Jacen is a hero, but he is a thinking hero. His empathy and tendency to ask questions instead of rushing to problems lightsaber in hand is one of the reasons I basically fell in love with the character.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  2. Amateur_Aphra

Amateur_Aphra Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2019
    Since this is a fanclub forum, what is everyone's top Jacen Solo moment or quote?

I think one of my top moments is in Traitor when he is sitting at the Solo’s dining table. He realizes things will never be the same which I took as really pivotal and relatable moment as a reader.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That was such a heavy moment.

I think it was in Betrayal where Jacen kills a hostage taker to kill two rather than more than two.

Amateur_Aphra and SiouxFan like this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    My top moment has to be the duel with Onimi.

Another moment or rather event is when he is in the Embrace of Pain, and another when he decides to choose and act and frees the slaves.

Amateur_Aphra likes this.
  5. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Two scenes...both of which are related:

The scene in Traitor where one of the other slaves is complaining that one of the 'world brain' (can't remember the actual term) "...made me do this." To which Jacen replies, "They can't actually make you do anything." "But it hurts if I don't."

The other is in Swarm War where he uses flow-walking to find Raynar, burning his hand in the process. When asked, he replies, "Yes, it hurts. It's nothing."

Both scenes illustrate that pain can be overcome...that it's only a matter of willpower.

The second scene because I think flow-walking was a fantastic skill to introduce into the Jedi 'bag of tricks'...too bad it became akin to Force lightning.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't think it became akin to force lightning so much as Denning didn't actually investigate its implications beyond "its a great way to addict an emotionally compromised young woman on your hollow promises"

SiouxFan and Amateur_Aphra like this.
  7. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Ugh. Just...ugh.

Here's what I meant: when Luke learns of flow-walking, he automatically distrusts it. His distrust leads to the Order all but saying it is a 'dark-side' skill without any knowledge of how it actually works. It becomes a de-facto dark side skill simply because no one wants to take the time to learn.

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    What? The Aing Tii aren't darksiders, that's so dumb.

Sometimes I have to ask what was going on in Denning's head.

Like its just observing past and possible future events.

By itself it really doesn't hurt or use anybody. But Denning had to create a situation where it was used in an abusive context. And thus the power itself is...somehow inherently bad?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    SiouxFan likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

There are many top Jacen moments for me, but the very best to me are those where he is with Tenel Ka, be it in YJK or later on. He always tries to be someone else, but with her he just is himself and does not chase a dream or ideal. She grounds him and complements him like no other. No philosophy or heroic ever could give him that same level of being content, happy and joyful and just himself as she could give him. She can get through his shields and armor and under his skin like no other. And yet she can also let go, give him space and understand his duty driven nature for she herself is like that and has her own challenges.

10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    And he through hers. I could never understand how other people couldn't see this!! I loved their mutual respect and understanding they had for each other.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You know, I think Tenel Ka actually enjoyed Jacen’s attempts at flirting via joking. Jacen would not have continued to do so if she had rebuffed them.

SiouxFan likes this.
  12. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    There's a fic on here somewhere...and I REALLY wish I could remember the name (not that it matters, it's probably been truncated beyond all recognition)...where Teneniel and Tenel Ka are talking about dating. "Why don't you laugh at Jacen's jokes? They really are quite funny." -- "Because then he would stop trying."

Tenel Ka knew that he tried so hard because it was his way of saying how special he thought her to be, and Jacen knew that she let him continue because she felt the same way.

13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I generally everyone enjoys been given the attention of other people, so of course Tenel Ka enjoyed it to some extend.

SiouxFan likes this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well Tenel Ka put on the stoic warrior princess front at the academy IIRC.

In any event, I think Jacen's method of flirting worked because if did not, then Tenel Ka would not have reciprocated especially even when it appeared later for a time Jacen just considered her a friend.

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Isn´t Tenel Ka allways pretty stoic? Also warrior princess? Keep in mind she deliberatly tried to hide the princess part and just pass herself of a normal warrior girl from Dathomir.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah and Jacen cutting off her arm forced her to abandon the charade IIRC.

But speaking of Jacen and Tenel Ka, what does everyone think about Jacen becoming prince consort of Hapes in an alternate timeline?

Would he good at it? Happy with it?

Thoughts?

17. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    In my head-cannon, he's been doing it for years. I don't know that he'd be 'happy' with it....in much the same way I don't know if Prince Philip was ever 'happy' with being Elizabeth's Prince Consort. I would imagine that all of the pomp and attention you get EVERYWHERE would wear on you after a while. But I do think Jacen would be good at it. More than any of the other Solo kids, Jacen seemed most likely to follow his mother's footsteps, and I think he could get a lot of things done politically on Hapes.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So speaking of Jacen and ships/female love interests.

Apart from Tenel Ka, who does everyone pair him with? Both seriously and more lightly?

Danni Quee and Tahiri Veila are both love interests I seriously can pair Jacen with. Jacen/Wynnsa Fel, Jacen/Alema Rar, Jacen/Nelani Dinn, and Jacen/Mara are all minor pairings I can imagine or tolerate.

The last one, I can see happening if Luke were to die.

19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    There are a couple Jacen/Jysella stories here and on FF.N that are pretty good. I've not seen any stories with Wynssa...but that could be a good story.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Jacen marries Wynnsa and Jaina marries Jag? Double solo-fel marriage?

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Eventually creating two dynasties vying for power in the empire?

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Sounds like great fanfic material, @SiouxFan get busy! :)

Just joking, but that is an interesting concept.

What does everyone think of Jacen/Alema Rar?

23. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I'd view it as more of a 'power-sharing' agreement more than just two families vying for power...but that's just me ignoring people's selfish wants!
    Pffft...I'm still trying to figure out where to take a Jacen and Nelani fic I started, and I haven't had time to explore one of the fanfic challenges I signed up for (meeting the family for the first time), let alone start another!

Not much for them as a romantic pairing, but I would love to see them have some sort of relationship...they were both shunned by the Jedi and could have found some sort of friendship. Kinda like I've always seen for Tahiri and Jacen.

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You still writing that Jacen/Danni fanfic?

Nelani is another one, she had a crush on him but we don't know enough about her or their relationship to do more than guess.

25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    That idea allways makes me think of Attila and his brother "co-leading" the Huns, until one of the finally decided to murder the other. Might not happen with Jacen and Jaina but who can say what they children(or grandchilrden) will do.