main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So what about Ewoks being pretty much confirmed? So is the DS2 on the forest moon of Endor after all? What's this Kef Bir? Or maybe they've finally given the moon a name?

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The debris is on Kef Bir, which we don't know its location right now.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well it must be the name of the forest moon then, if that is indeed where the Ewoks will be. Maybe. I would imagine Warwick Davies is playing Wicket (it would be silly otherwise). If that is the case, Kef Bir must be the moon of Endor we all know and love, unless Wicket has become a space farer since the last time we saw him (which would, admittedly, be pretty cool).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Kef Bir could be another moon of the gas giant Endor. And the forest moon is nearby. Who knows. They won't tell us anything. Unless they pull a Jedi Prince wormhole trick or even an Aftermath Death Star I debris idea.

Barriss_Coffee and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    The setting for the fleet battle and wherever Palpatine's throne seems to be looks so much like the stormy skies of Mortis after the Son starts acting up it's ridiculous.

Makes me think all of that is in some mystic realm.

IG: @jedisufism

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, that's why I posted:
    The Star Destroyers also look rather dead and zombie-like packed into that really tight formation, which would be fitting if they were conjured up.

7. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Interesting thinking.

Though I suspect there could be more of a ships and people crossing the boundaries thing than fleets being conjured. In TCW the shuttle goes to Mortis. I feel that experience was crossing the boundaries between worlds and time dilation, similar thing with Yoda and the Force Planet. He crosses a mystical boundary when going into that fissure along with his ship. Artoo seemingly didnt have permission.

Likewise, physical objects move between planes in the Lothal Temple and its gateway.

So, perhaps the Resistance and FO fleets cross a boundary that Palpatine has his hidden fleet behind.

Probably reading more into it though. It's more likely some kind of nebula than a mystical realm.

Alpha-Red and PCCViking like this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I really like this myth stuff and would love Mortis references.... some weird stuff from leaks might fit.

But what if this space-weather is less mystical and in fact simply...

Well we saw known space, we saw the Unknown Regions (with Ach-To and Ilum)... now lets see the true volatile barrier keeping both apart!

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    well we do have a giant worm (huehuehue abeloth Hue hue hue)
    [​IMG]

ColeFardreamer and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Shai-hulud

11. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    El’Shuddem The Soul Worm

ColeFardreamer, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  12. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Is that from something official?

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Soulworm is first mentioned in Devilworlds. The Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters novellas went into more detail, but were cancelled and only released much later, outside of Lucasfilm Licencing - hence their being not strictly canon to the Legendsverse.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Soulworm

14. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Chinese trailer

15. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    That green. The weird grey-blue cloudy mist backgrounds.... heavy Dark Empire vibes there. We had some red like that too, I believe.

16. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Nothing gets an avenger button's body more ready than any bone thrown towards the greatness that is Dark Empire.

"Oh here is a bunch of people whose culture involves riding weird space beasts"

Me: Well that sounds like the beast riders of Onderon! I guess this is Dark Empire after all!

Dawud786, Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is literally and unfortunately the only other explanation.:p

...actually "unfortunately" is too harsh. Because it makes me smile every time to think that possibility is even in the running.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    ok, I had this weird crazy dream last night...

It was about a young Palpatine spinoff... and somehow it crossed over with the recent epic Joker movie. Young Palpatine was putting on Naboo makeup akin to Amidala in TPM... the way Joker did it in his movie.. the result was a cross of Amidala look on young Palpatine and the Son from Mortis trilogy... the rest is history.

[face_nail_biting]o_O[face_worried]

Lets ignore the holonet talkshow where he asked to be called Sidious in public though!

PS: And ever since that dream I find more and more hints in canon and legends about an underlying story that this might actually be the true backstory for him... I mean, his fancy headcrew seems to like to chalk their faces whiter than natural too... in his honor. And Galaxies MMO and accompanying digital card game story had an entire legion of chaos seeking inuniverse clowns...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Why do some of the latest MakingSW leaks read like they verbatim used Timothy Zahn's "An apology" suduvu april 1st short as literal inspiration? I like it... a lot, but seeing it on screen is unexpected!

20. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    The Legends Plagueis novel had Palpatine being sort of a punk from the start, running people over with speeders and the like. But I totally wouldn't mind a "Joker" style Canon Palpatine backstory where he really was a decent guy that the cruel galaxy just pushed too far (even if that doesn't justify/excuse his future crimes).

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Exactly my take, the cruel corrupt galaxy turned a decent young man into a monster... said monster then terrorized the galaxy to unite against him and overcome its flaws so it is able to defeat him.

I just hope we see the galaxy overcoming their flaws, not some random hero saving it and it goes on as usual till the next misfit turns maniac!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    boomx2sjk, AusStig and Alpha-Red like this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think you're on to something -- I can actually see an author someday using the Naboo royalty white face makeup on a villain to pay "homage" to the Joker. Weirder has happened. And the Naboo don't have a great track record.

(Somewhere some poor Naboo citizen is begging me not to judge all Naboo based on one bad apple, but if Padme's allowed to judge all Neimoidians based on the actions of Nute Gunray, then I'm going to accuse the Naboo as being demonic bloodthristy Sith worshipers.)

Legit TROS spoilers:
    Including you, Rey. You think you can control your dark sideness when you meet grandpa Palpatine, but what will you do when Jar Jar finds you and reminds you that he was your grandfather's top dog? What will you become?

23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Isn't there an abandoned script from Underworld that serves as backstory for Palpatine? Something along the lines of he falls in love with a crime lady and she betrays him... or something

24. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Oh gosh, I forgot all about this. Good memory, you:

"[W]hen I was working at [LucasArts], I was allowed to go up to [Skywalker Ranch] and read the scripts for the TV show,” [former LucasArts developer Cory] Barlog told GamesBeat. "It was the most mind-blowing thing I'd ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this ****ing heartless woman. She's this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That's something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers."

ColeFardreamer and sidv88 like this.
  25. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Which episode did Padme judge all Neimoidians?

Not really a spoiler, just responding to your spoilered post
    Jar Jar gets too much blame for Palpatine's dictatorship. Saddened the Aftermath trilogy put all the blame on him in-universe. How many US politicians voted there were weapons in Iraq and later admitted their mistake? The ones who tried to make things right afterwards, most don't blame them for being fooled.

Legends had it better with Galactic Battlegrounds with Binks living peacefully on Coruscant afterwards. I also doubt Sheev placed all his plans on one clumsy Gungan who could easily fall off Coruscant's non-railed platforms any second. If Binks didn't propose emergency powers, someone else would have.
    This should have been the second anthology film instead of Solo. Especially as it seems the script was already floating around before the buyout. Seriously. Solo comes off more and more as a Kasdan pet project that should have stayed on the cutting floor.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    JediFett10 likes this.