main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Crimelady... so not Talzin? We need these scripts to be used all of them somewhere somehow!

Great memory digging! Thx for the reminder!

Ok, part of me now imagines that said crimelady is tied to the Skywalkers...

What if Shmi was not caught by slavers but her parents were THE Slavers? Can Palpatines love be Shmi's mom? She his daughter? Palpatine saved her and wiped her memory sending her away to safety... but fate caught up with her?

Choosen One blood running in Skywalker veins being Palpatines?

A Choosen One found by the Sith first... a lineage to be redeemed by the Force itself ultimately with their last heirs?

I always liked how Naboo artistry genius and peace loving already had an underlying current of the proto-Empire where art turns to brutalism, genius to madness and peace into enforced order.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Heh, if it WAS Talzin then it makes the whole Maul connection far more intriguing. There’s already a filial element to that relationship..

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    p. 238 of Queen's Shadow: " 'I hate Neimoidians,' Padme said grimly..." To her credit, she tries to backtrack, but then the ensuing conversation with Sabe makes it worse.

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    So the cast of TROS was asked to react to the end of the movie without using words. The result was... quite interesting. Even moreso in the video, where in the immediate aftermath Anthony Daniels goes
    "After 40 years, this is it? What are you thinking?"
    Can't wait for this trainwreck to come out.
    I hope they give Ian McDiarmid some good lines, at least.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    AusStig likes this.
  5. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Ever thought they might be joking?

6. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    No, that thought never crossed my mind. /s

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Then why are you presenting it like it's some revelatory moment?

8. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    They absolutely were joking, and most of them haven't seen it. They've talked previously about not knowing what the exact ending is because of changes and re-edits, and according to John's twitter he's seeing it for the first time today.

But of course certain sections of the fandom have pounced on that video as PROOF the film is terrible. [face_monkey]

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    There seem to be people who have their entire identity as "Star Wars fans" wrapped up in "Disney Star Wars sucks" at all costs.

IG: @jedisufism

boomx2sjk likes this.
  10. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Does your salary come with mouse ears by any chance? :p

We got a similar reaction to the end of S8 from the GoT cast back in the day, so that's encouraging. But I'm sure they were just joking, too. o_O

AusStig likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    except the one making star wars knows what they are doing while DD made it up as it went.

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I would think Talzin would be around during sheev and crime lady's relationship . if it was The CW handling this Sheev be characterized like Niklaus from Vampire diaries / The Originals and he Would turn to Talzin as a rebound from crime lady cause he's so broken
    https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/Niklaus_Mikaelson

*Thinking that people are Mouse shills * wew Lad

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  13. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I've about had it up to here with "fan" channels that do nothing but scream at the top of their lungs, "RUINED FOREVER."
    Is it possible IX is bad? Sure is. But a couple of sweaty nerds aren't going to change my mind. It's easy, sensationalist clickbait with a profitably goal in mind.
    I should also point out, the plot and large chunks of Endgame leaked fairly early with similar Reddit style "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE" reactions, and, it didn't, matter, at, all to the general public. Yes, I'm expecting fans to be more critical, but there very much is a social thing of, "only REAL fans criticize because we care so much."
    Where most normies are gonna watch and be fine with it.

Dawud786 and darthzac14 like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Finn's stone face expresses his thoughts. "This is the way ..."
    In reality he is a Mandalorian. Phasma (for those who forgot who she was - the Chrome-dome) knew it and was shocked seeing him taking his helmet off.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    No, we didn't. They specifically weren't joking around, and they were reacting to the season as a whole, not just an ending they hadn't seen.

And don't accuse people of being paid shills.

16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    A broke clock is at least right two times a day. ;)
    Good thing Disney doesn't have that sinister "profitability goal". It's not like it's a huge megalomaniacal corporation that soaks up creative resources. :p

AusStig likes this.
  17. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Keep in mind Solo's box office. Normies won't be screaming it's the worst movie ever, but they'll just be bored and won't watch. You'll be surprised how many "normies" were saying the same complaints as the hardcore critics when TFA came out, just in a less vicious way. My friend in Russia, who in no way can be classified as a hardcore fan at all herself, asked me why TFA was so similar to ANH with a desert planet, a new Empire, etc. I replied that I shared her concerns.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  18. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    What gets me about all the leaks, is that for the most part, negative or positive, they don't diverge all that much. I've not seen any kind of indication the film will be wildly different from what's been "revealed" up until present week. The picture forming is not a positive one, hence my bemusement at the production itself.

At this point, as a viewer, I am most interested in
    how the final confrontation is executed cinematically. It'll either be an emotional event if the connection between Palpatine and Rey is developed properly or it could be the most basic, by-the-numbers vanquishing of evil-trope we've seen hundreds of times before in cinema.
    Nothing else in the film has raised my pulse in excitement. I dread the edits to Carrie Fisher's cutting room-floor footage. I can't imagine how Frankensteinian it'll look without CGI editing.

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't imagine it will look "Frankensteinian" at all. I'm sure there's plenty of unused footage of Leia saying generic things like "We are in dire need of more resources" and "there's no hope for Kylo Ren" and then you can just have new shots of Poe going like, "Yeah, and specifically in this case that includes Palpatine, but good thing we have Lando" and then you cut back to Carrie saying something generic like "Good point, Poe. Just don't be too cocky."

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I think there will probably be plenty of footage they can use. The harder part might be matching up scenery if it's on a planet.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Massive Spoilers, don't read if you don't want to know!!!!
    I'm not holding out hope the confrontation between Rey and Palpatine will be meaningful. Grandfather or no, no time was made for them to know each other. Even Luke and Vader had a long standing rivalry built up before the family revelation.

Mariko cutting down her grandfather in 'The Wolverine' fell flat with some one liner quips--"Mariko I am your grandfather!" "I buried my grandfather!", and these two actually had a relationship that was part of the movie's story.

Gharlane and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You know, if nothing else, the last few months have demonstrated my Internet engagement strategy is perfect. No Twitter, careful YouTube use, being mostly more relaxed about this stuff plus an ample amount of taking the proverbial out of SW clearly works.

23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    With all the leaks and all the stuff teasers, tv spots and trailers hint at and showed already.... we should dread more what they didn't show yet and keep under wraps. I feel like the biggest bit has not been spoiled and as big as leaks may sound.. there is more to come than that.

24. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I don't see that it's meant to be meaningful in that way. Rey and Kylo's relationship/connection is the meaningful one. It seems as if Rey's a Palpatine in order for her to eventually reject her heritage and declare herself to be her own person -- or a Skywalker. I don't really think it'll be a "I'm conflicted over my grandfather", just a firm denial of her bloodline to stand with Ben.

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Didn't they film something in a jungle setting that's supposed to be the new Resistance base but also looks like D'Qar?