main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Yours For Only $29.99*, $34.99 in Canada: Black Widow [July 2021]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bilbo Fett, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Black Widow trailer is supposed to be dropping tomorrow at 9AM EST.

edit: Turns out the source for this is Daniel Rictman. Many grains of salt. His history with heads-upping Marvel trailers specifically is not good.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Isn't the Bond trailer out tomorrow too? Seems odd they would want to share the same trailer day, which makes the report seem a little iffy.

3. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The Bond trailer drops Wednesday.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Black Widow trailer!

I’m getting some serious Winter Soldier vibes here. And I saw HAWKEYE!

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like it. Over the top, but I like it.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Sarge like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Hope Red Guardian is not treated like a joke.

If I saw right so do there seems to be at least three Widows in the movie but only two named, wonder who the third is?

7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The movie poster shows 3 widows in addition to Natasha and Yelena.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Holy moly! That looks amazing! I’ve been so hyped about this project since it was announced because I’m a huge Black Widow fan (both comics and film). I’ve been wanting them to make this film ever since I read her solo comic series several years back. The trailer looks like everything I’ve hoped for. Can’t wait!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Taskmaster!
    I hope he gets to use a sword & shield.

The look isn't exactly what I expected (I would have liked the assassin hood) but it's still cool.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I got more of a Mission Impossible vibe (the later entries) than Winter Soldier from this. WS had that constant, ominous air of not knowing who could be trusted that hung over it the entire time. This trailer is selling Nat's original "family" and that carries the unspoken connotations of trust and friendly rivalry.

On the rewatch the only other widow type figure besides Nat and Yelena that I could pick out was Rachel Weisz's character, who is supposed to be Iron Maiden.

Taskmaster does have a hood on, he just has it down over his shoulders in those quick shots of him.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh, I think there will be betrayal within the "family", though whether it will be Florence Pugh or Rachel Weis who turns on Nat, I don't know.

13. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Do we know the exact timeline for this movie?

14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Between the wars Civil and Infinity.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    looks generic. i'm sure the movie will be fine, but not a memorable trailer.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Is it before Endgame or is she brought back to life and travelling back in time?

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Really dig the title logo thing they did at the end there. The family stuff looks amusing and was unexpected. Looks good but hasn't blown me away yet- I'm sure the final trailer will have more of the plot context that will help in that regards since this teaser is vague about that while focusing on introducing the family aspect.

Clearly I am always wrong.

Ooh- wait, technicality! I'm not entirely wrong! A correct conclusion based on a false assumption! ;)

Set between Civil War and Infinity War.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It looks like part of the film will take place before Civil War. Ross is clearly de-aged in that shot of him and is looking younger than he did in TIH. Melina and Natasha also look younger in a few shots.

19. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'd expect any number of flashbacks to create points of reference for either this or some future Marvel installments. Plans for the Thunderbolts being in the works has been a popular rumor for a while. Yelena could certainly slot in there rather than as a direct successor to Natalia post Endgame.

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_love]

Right up my alley. I doubt Red Guardian will be a punchline only (It's just a goof on how perfect Captain America is).

Not showing Buck. If he does appear, I'll say flashbacks since he's on ice during the story's current day time frame.

Also, Taskmaster. :)

Really looking forward to Rachael's Black Widow and The Red Guardian.

21. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Black Widow has never been that appealing of a character to me, but I like this. The Marvel formula just works on me. ScarJo is pretty dang compelling too.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I feel like they have to include Budapest at some point and at least a couple Barton flashbacks. It'll retroactively help beef up her scenes with him in Endgame for future viewers.

Sarge likes this.
  23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    wow, looks good

I was thinking I might skip this one but who am I kidding. Marvel has been on a roll last few years.

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I like Black Widow as a character, but this trailer wasn't all that inspiring to me. It looks neat, but nothing about it made me feel like I need to see it. In all fairness, I find a lot of the teaser for Marvel's movies are a bit bland and generic, and the full trailer ends up getting me excited, so we'll see. I really liked the brief look at Red Guardian, but I think Taskmaster looks a bit... stupid here. I also feel this movie should have been done years ago, and not as a filler interquel set between Civil War and Infinity War released after Endgame. Hopefully the teaser for Wonder Woman 1984 does more for me this weekend.

25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013