main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Ships and Vehicles of The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Django Fett, May 1, 2019.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It has a CB (carbonite block) stacker in the back. You can even see the edge of one block coming out the CB slot in the rear [face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Django Fett likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    And that’s laugh out loud funny because...? ;)

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This ship kinda has a V-22 Osprey vibe to it. Stubby wings with huge engines that rotate for takeoff / landing and forward flight.

Alien Vanguard, Sarge and TetsuAero like this.
  4. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes, although why any ship would be designed this way in a universe where even personal vehicles have anti gravity engines is beyond me.

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Looks a bit like a Magnaguard fighter.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Oooh, that is a very nice design. Could use a splash of paint though.

whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    At about the 10:05 mark....

Is that a Lancer Class Pursuit Ship after he freezes the dude and comes in for a landing?

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's hard for me to take the Razorback seriously when it reminds me so much of "Nell", the hero ship from Battle Beyond the Stars. :rolleyes:

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It does look like one. I'd like the Mandolorian to upgrade to a Kom'rk in the future.

10. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I wasn't really feeling it when it was first shown in the released pics....but a couple episodes in it has grown on me.

11. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    That was exactly the same first impression that I got. It looks like what would happen if you left 'Nell' and an AOTC dropship in a hangar overnight......

What I'm really looking forward to is when The Razor releases all hellfire and brimstone from those front blasters like Slave 1 in the asteroid field! I remember thinking at the time 'Now that's how an attack ship should shoot......Finally!!'

....and even after all these years I still can't get over how they got away with the design of 'Nell'.......

Sarge likes this.
  12. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    Better yet, does it have band..... and flutes?

On a more serious note, has anyone noticed the ship parked next to the Razor Crest in episodes 1 & 3? It looks a lot like an A-wing but I might be mistaken. Thing is, I didn’t think that the A-wing was a long range fighter like the X-wing. So what is this ship being used for you think?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Aw man, I'm a long-time fan of Battle Beyond the Stars, and I think the Nell design, breasts aside, is a cool ship. Wasn't it designed by James Cameron, who was doing the special effects design stuff for Roger Corman before he got his directing gig? These kind of ships fall into the quirky, asymmetrical, bulky and interesting category for me. I love them. I like its unusual colouring and how organic it looks, there is hardly a straight line on it. It has hints of HR Giger about it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    CernStormrunner likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Bob Effette , I can see that some people might appreciate Nell and BBtS. But for me, I have to classify it as "so bad it's worse." The design makes no sense to me, I don't see any grace or beauty or balance to it. I just see weird for the sake of being weird, which doesn't work for me.

Bob Effette likes this.
  15. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    He he

I love weird. Weird is good. It's like the Derelict from Alien. I mean as space vessels go, that thing is totally weird, but I dig it.

[​IMG]

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My favorite ship of the new era, next to Krennic’s and the U-wing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I haven't seen any A-wings (possibly my favorite SW fighter, so I'd notice) but there was a ship with a vaguely similar outline, that might have been a U-wing from Rogue 1, possibly with modifications.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The ship in question is the one that lands in the spaceport on the Guild/ Mando Enclave planet, causing Yodaling’s ears to flap in the wind. Not sure if it’s an A or U-wing, but it shares some key features.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, that's the one. Definitely not an A-wing, it has the cockpit way up front with glass panels below the pilot's feet like a U-wing. A-wing has the classic fighter bubble canopy on top.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It looked like one of the older U-Wings we saw in Rebels that lacked the s-foils and only had two engines.

[​IMG]

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good catch.

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    IIRC...there was a quad jumper in the background of one of the scenes of him landing as well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Don't you reckon that The Razor Crest would have been rather effective against, let's say...........an AT-ST.........?

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He deliberately parks his ship far away from settlements. There may be multiple unstated reasons for that, including discretion, etc. I accept it. There are bounty hunter-related reasons. Good enough for me.

Jabberwock2137 likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Last time he parked too far away Jawa's stripped his ship to all hell. The show never really bothers to explain as to why he parks so far away all the time other than he needs to walk around cause its a show and has a certain budget. Its also unclear why he does not have a speeder onboard.

Jabberwock2137 and Sarge like this.