main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Wow! I thought I was in danger of payment crossing just from my Qui Gon pre order and my Captain America pre order hitting at the same time just before I added Leia /Wicket set to the mix. :eek:

As it stands now, Deluxe Han's final payment and Bucky's final payment are going to end up dinging me at the first of October unless they get bumped again.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I might have to reach out to Sideshow to have one moved to the end of month for payments to help give me some relief. Or I'll just save $$$ next paycheck to help cover the payments for the next month. It drives me nuts when Hot Toys delays...delays...delays...

I have on preorder
    6 Star Wars figures
    3 Game of Thrones figures
    1 Aquaman
    1 X-files

Yoda is shipping soon (like today or Monday) so I'll down 1 SW pre-order. I'm hoping Scully will go this pay period also so she's no longer hanging on.

My 2 Gentle Giant mini-busts are getting ready to ship! [face_dancing] So my very first high-end Maroon Pantsuit Bespin Leia item will be arriving soon! Woot!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    eko32eko7 and cathiecat like this.
  3. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    You can log in to your account and move the payment back in the order details. I had to do it once for one of mine.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am paying off my daughters women of star wars hiking boots this month, she has been begging for them ever since she saw my canvas loafers! I think they will be a good Christmas present for her!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    My daughter just bought me the Hoth Leia Loungefly backpack for my birthday! I've built up a pretty good collection of their Star Wars stuff.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got my notification that my Mattel "Leia" is on it's way and will be here tomorrow. First of the year when I have fewer pre-orders to worry about I'll work on getting the Vader and R2.

cathiecat likes this.
  7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    My Leia was supposed to arrive tonight but package was delayed in transit between here and Phoenix tonight.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mattel Leia is home waiting for me to get there!!

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohoo! Mine should be arriving today also!

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    She's beautiful!! I can't wait to show my daughter, only sore spot is we are moving in January and I won't unbox and place her till we get moved in to new place.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    So @PadmeLeiaJaina how do your like your Mattel Leia? I am over the moon that Mattel finally got the chance to put their mark on her!!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh man she's GORGEOUS. They so lovingly packed her also. First of the year I'll work on getting the other 2 dolls. Where will I put them? I have no idea. I don't care.

cathiecat likes this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New prequel book to The Queen's Shadow is coming out next year!

Here's info for Queen's Peril

Ahsoka's Tano, wobbits and cathiecat like this.
  14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Just ordered on Amazon! Thank you for the heads up :amidala::padme:

Also, my son ordered me two fan made plush of The Child I have no idea what they will look like but I am extremely excited to see them!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The bursting of my momentary balloon of happiness was finding the llandro Queen Amidala was on side show with payments, only to find the payments were still more than I could ever afford, couldn't they do a special order...... sigh. Not to be. My son also told me even once he graduates from college and has a real career he still wouldn't ever buy me a porcelain figure, which he said is just an overpriced toy, the fact that it is porcelain has no bearing on the fact that it is still an overpriced ridiculous toy. sigh...sigh.... I never expected him to buy it for me, lol, he just wants to be sure I don't ever get my hopes up for anything that costs more than about $500

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New Leia statue from Hamilton Collection Co. I'd really like to get it...no idea where I'd put it though :confused:

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am hoping April will be soon enough for ordering her. Only 3 $33 payments. I have the card from my Disney mailing on the fridge.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  19. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    My pre ordered Disney store Baby Yoda arrived yesterday. Three months to the date of ordering. He's cute and tiny.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    does the KIMI KT008 head look as much like Natalie Portman as the pictures on EBAY suggest? What type of body would I need to buy for it?

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The Kimi facemold is the best of the Heads that I've gotten that look like Nat. I have an extra head that I haven't done anything with - it came to me slightly smelling of smoke - meh! It should be fine by now.

Body - although you can use assorted body types I usually look for Hot Toys bodies - either Leia, Rey, or Resident Evil Alice - they have normal female sized chests. The bodies are sturdy and they look nice. This one might be on some other sort of body now that I'm looking at it. I usually pick up - KUMIK 1/6 Scale Figure 2.5 Female Body For Hot Toys Head Sculpt bodies. They are cheaper than Hot Toys. It really depends on what you want her wearing. If she's going to be mostly covered the second body would be fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Princess_Tina likes this.
  23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    WOW! Big price diff between Kumic and official hot toys body!

I am going to have to figure out which costume I am not scared to attempt.

I also ordered another FOD Padme. Hoping I can change out that body as well, so no molded costume.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I ordered and got the Darth Vader Barbie today - will work on getting the R2-D2 girl. I love the new set. I specialize in rerooting Black Barbies with big afros so I'm in love w/ the C-3PO doll.

Here are a couple of my girls that I've done

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Princess_Tina and cathiecat like this.
  25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001