main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.05-Chapter 5-Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Dec 4, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 13, 2019.
  1. 10

14.2%
  2. 9

23.0%
  3. 8

25.7%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

15.5%
  6. 5

4.7%
  7. 4

2.0%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Episode 1.05!!
    Chapter 5
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday* on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

*All episodes premiere on Friday except for the premiere and the penultimate episode, which air on a Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hear minds will be blown.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Probably disintegrated too.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
  5. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I can’t F’n wait man, weeks haven’t felt so long in ages but I’m glad they’re releasing it this way.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I totally agree, I love the weekly release. Some shows need to be binged, but this one is not one of them.

7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know some people loved last weeks episode but I’m super curious to see if it does something similar or (for me at least) ramps it back up to episode 3 in quality.

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Smurf like this.
  8. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    yeah I’m slightly nervous about it. I was quite let down by episode 4 and I’m really hoping my expectations get exceeded again like what episodes 2 & 3 did.

9. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Reminder :

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  10. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Hmm, it better have some more Mandalorians for that to be true, at least for me. This show being what it is today's ep will likely be great, but I'm not expecting another ep.3.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Based on the episode description I'm going to guess Greef reaches out to Mando for his help. Some rook has gotten in big trouble and he knows only one person who can help him. Something like that. This leads to the Imperials going after Greef and Mando coming to his rescue in the next couple of episodes.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ll give you 10 bucks if you stay up for it.

13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Does that offer extend to other members of the forum too? I am on the east coast too, harder for me.

TheYodaPagoda and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Never mention August again and it's a deal. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Haven’t read the synopsis but can’t wait. Doing my usual Australian Friday night Mando Routine of a nice beer and some pizza, marathoning from episode 1.

Jaxxon-, DarthKreVass and GregMcP like this.
  16. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Imagine if :ahsoka: is in this episode.

Darth Smurf, TadoFett and GregMcP like this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Earlier when I read this I was wondering why chapter 5 would be titled "Chef's kiss". I only just now reading through the thread again realised that that isn't what he meant :oops:[face_laugh]

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die. This is the last time I’ll mention August. I’ll even not mention August in August.

Yup. I’m also on the East Coast, so it’s tough on my end too. But I’m a sucker for this show (and punishment, it seems).

Mando Pajama Party!

19. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    All the reasons stated in this tweet are why I've been looking forward to this one the most of all of them. Once I realized there are only 2 episodes not written by Favreau and that they are written (or co-written on the second) by Filoni makes me think we're getting a mini-arc.
    I remember rumors from the set about Sabine's helmet being seen on set. If that rumor is true, this is almost definitely the episode we'll see it in. And maybe something about the fate of Thrawn and Ezra; although the latter is a long run and most likely just some exposition even if it occurs. Oh, and last we saw Sabine, she was with Filoni's favorite ex-Jedi.....

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Corydon like this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    If I am not mistaken, tomorrow's episode is written (and directed) by Filoni, and next week's episode is co-written by Christopher Yost and Rick Famuyiwa. The rest of the episodes were all written by Favreau.

21. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    You're right, I have it twisted in my head. But, Yost was a writer for some very Mando-heavy episodes of Rebels or Clone Wars (I can't remember which, and am too lazy to go look it up right now)

TheYodaPagoda and DarthFixxxer like this.
  22. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    What time will it drop tonight?

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'd fall from my chair and watch the episode in a 24/7 loop until I have to leave to watch TROS

24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    TheYodaPagoda and Bor Mullet like this.