main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference RPG Introduction Service v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    <username: a51staffgeneral>
    <password: ********* >
    Logging in... ... ...
    ---
    Opening case - Nebraska Sightings...
    Fetching image files... ... ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------

Open Email...
    New group message...

-----------------------
    To: bcc: group

To whomever reads this,

Please arrange a flight or other means of transportation to arrive at Nevada AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Please arrive at Sam's Diner (direct location attached below)

We require amateur detectives, researcher, etc.

MAKE SURE you are NOT followed.

This is an urgent matter.

Details cannot be disclosed in an email.

-G.

The Visitor

Coming soon...

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

Eventually...

3. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    At some point in the 21st century the first Clockwork network was initiated. It was a connection between the most powerful minds the world had ever seen. It was a generation of geniuses who worldwide united into one single organization. The purpose of the network was unclear to most people outside the network itself, but quickly it's influence was felt as these people began to use their abilities and influence to push forward several agendas that seemed to be born from within Clockwork. By threatening to crash the internet and the economy the Clockwork Network forced Governments to apply for a series of laws which they saw necessary to shape the world into what they wanted it to be. They did so silently behind the curtains of the modern media society. But word got out, there was a force that influenced Governments on the highest possible level. People welcomed the changes. The lack of trust into central Governments played into the hands of the Network. Many thought it had been strengthened by concentrated media campaigns.

Soon the influence turned into concrete changes. CO2 emissions soon were reduced worldwide. Nuclear power was made obsolete and renewable energies were introduced as the major source for the energy needs of mankind. The new internet of quantum computers was regulated and declared an independent entity under the Global Internet Authority. GIA became a member of the UN and quickly the worlds greatest economic power. Governments soon collapsed and those who didn't went through radical changes. Capital Markets were heavily reorganized to serve the needs of common people through decentralized banking and global digital currencies. Traditional money quickly lost it's meaning and so did those who had stockpiled it. Wars were ended by simply cutting the parties from the necessary resources. They could fight, but they had to do so with stones and clubs, as the Clockwork Network cynically announced in one of their rare public announcements.

The remaining Governments of the world tried to stop the network of course. A number of scandals and revelations made this quickly a painful process as every state trying to harm the network quickly found itself questioned and often toppled.

Not everyone was happy with these developments of course. Many considered this the end of democracy and the rise of a global dictatorship by an organization with little transparency. Yet, the network did not fight their critics, but created different organizations to discuss the criticism. Soon decisions based on votes were established in which people could decide by majority over certain aspects of their existence.

Ten years later the world was a different one. Corporations joined the network or soon found themselves on the short end of a war of information. Tax was a concept abandoned and it was replaced by data based economy that charged fees for access to information to finance itself. A base income was established for most countries of the world. In exchange for this base income people got chipped and therefore became part of the information network established by the Clockwork Network. The incredible information gained by this were transferred into an advanced decentralized network of Quantum computers and distributed to medical and social researchers to solve the problems of humanity. Within ten years many illnesses were cured and ethnical conflicts were solved and the solutions executed and enforced by the power of the network.

Nothing existed outside the datastream of the Clockwork Network anymore. Everything was controlled by Cloxkwork and it's enigmatic directorate whose members were called THE ANGELS. The world had turned into one large unity. United and dominated by a force both mysterious and beyond control.

That was when people began to fear the network. It had taken complete control over the future without anyone ever realizing what power they had given up. There were rumors of social and biological experiments and secret selection mechanisms at work within the network that served an unknown purpose. The question began to rise what the Network and their body of enforcement the GIA really planned to do with the control they had established over humanity. What was the purpose of it all? The Clockwork Network had brought many positive developments to humanity, it had ended world hunger and poverty in about 92% of the world. But it did not stop there. There was another endgame.

Rumors appeared of information wars fought within the organization. Murders never solved were reported. People vanished and no trace of them was ever found again. Doubt began to spread. But wherever someone voiced his doubt the Network silenced and isolated the source. Critics were cut off from the internet and media and therefore their views were made impossible to spread.

This was when the problems began.

If there was one event the beginning of resistance could be traced back to, it was The Message. A single post appeared hardcoded in one of the biggest social networks of the net. It was soon adopted, categorized and despite the best efforts of was impossible to delete.

The message was simple.

CONTROL IS AN ILLUSION.

The user who had posted it was impossible to identify. He had obviously done the unthinkable and had hacked the network itself. This user showed the world an idea that was dangerous and inspiring the same time. The Clockwork Network had limits to it's power. The enigmatic user called himself:

LUCIFER

[​IMG]

The Clockwork Empire

CANCELLED

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    People are actually not afraid of the darkness itself, but they are afraid of what might be in the dark. What might hide there. What might wait for them there. For the nightmares born in the darkness.

So there was a lot to be afraid of when the lights went out in the Summer 2020. They called it the great Blackout or the Long Dark. It was a cloudy night. The darkness was complete for ten hours.

For a group of young people these would be the longest ten hours of their life.

---------------

The Darkness

--------------

A game by TheSithGirly and LordTroepfchen

5. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Deleted

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  6. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Girls die in big cities all the time. Especially beautiful girls like Laura. They get absorbed and spit out by the drugs, the temptations and the rich. They get used until they are used up.

But Laura was not any girl. Her murderer was not any guy. His Hunter was certainly not an ordinary man.

Revenge. Some got revenge, some longed for it. Everybody desired it. Like everybody desired Laura.

Every city has his secret king.

Every king has his fool.

Every fool has his king.

The hard thing was often to know who was who.

you should see me in a CROWN

- A Neo Noir Thriller -

Coming soon

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, you never said a word
    You didn't send me no letter
    Don't think I could forgive you
    See our world is slowly dying
    I'm not wasting no more time
    Don't think I could believe you
    Yeah, our hands will get more wrinkled
    And our hair will b
    e grey
    Don't think I could forgive you
    And see the children are starving
    And their houses were destroyed
    Don't think they could forgive you
    Hey, when seas will cover lands
    And when men will be no more
    Don't think you can forgive you
    Yeah when there'll just be silence
    And when life will be over
    Don't think you will forgive you

Lilly Woods and The Pricks
    Prayer in C

T H E O R I G I N A L S I N

Coming 19th December 2019

8. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    [​IMG]
    The Witchers
    ---
    Cancelled

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  9. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Seven years before the war ...

If the galaxy was infinite the only restraint to what you could achieve was your own imagination.

His eyes opened as he felt the presence of his guest and he knew the cycle was about to begin anew.

It had been a hundred years since the reborn Emperor had died his final death on Exogol. A hundred years had passed since Rey Skywalker had reestablished the Jedi Order. A hundred years peace had ruled the galaxy. This peace was about to end. He had foreseen it would begin with this day.

They called him the One, the Risen or sometimes simply Master. He cared little for titles or names. Therefore he was not impressed as the Princess of Tion with her many titles entered the frozen cave. She was trembling from the cold, as the tight black dress was probably chosen to get his attention and not because it was adequate to the climate of the world. It showed her flawless body in a perfect way. She had probably had it made for this occasion.

He smiled at this desperate attempt to use whatever weapon she had at her disposal.

His guards stood ready, all wearing their same armor, their hands on their lightsaber and their red-glowing visors remaining on her. She looked at the one closest to her for a moment and then passed it, straightening up and wearing her head high to betray no fear.

Yet, he felt her fear. He felt everything. Her hunger, her ambition, her despair and especially her fear.

"Your majesty, welcome to me ... humble estate." He gave her a generous smile as the platform lowered itself and gently set down on the ground. He folded his hands behind his back. He was wearing a simple black tunic. He had not even brought his lightsaber.

"Thank you ... what would be the right way to address you? Master?" She gave him a smile back.

He nodded. "Master will do. My apprentices all call me that."

"I need to clarify a few things first. Before we discuss business." She rubbed her hands against each other.

"Business?" He smiled. "Well, certainly. Who am I to disturb a quest for clarity." He mocked her. He saw she was not used to that.

"Are you Sith?" She asked straight away. He lay his head aside and laughed.

"No." He then simply replied.

"But you are no Jedi either?" She asked and curiously stepped closer. "So what are you."

He breathed in. "What are we?" He asked the nearest guard.

"We are Legion." The man replied without a thought.

"Why are we Legion?" He then asked.

"For we are many, Risen One!" This time all the guards replied. He smiled at her.

"Your majesty, we are no religion. No sect. There is only me and these men are the extension of my will." He spread his arms. "I am Legion."

The Princess seemed unsatisfied, but nodded. "I guess that must be good enough." Laughing he nodded.

"Guess so." He said and stepped over to her.

"You know why I am here?" She asked and looked around as if she was worried about the discrete nature of his guards. He only smirked. After all she was about to commit treason.

"I know exactly why you are here. I know everything about you. The force revealed me all I desired to know." He said and looked at her. She did not hold his gaze from those red eyes. Lowering her eyes he realized she was not used to this either.

"I am looking for an ally for ..." She was careful to choose her words. He cut her short by raising his hand.

"You don't. You look for the means to achieve your vision. You look for a tool. I know what you desire. I know everything you crave for, your majesty." He smiled.

"All I want is ... " She began anew.

"Everything! The throne which is so far away. Conquest. Power. Rule and rule absolute. Not just over Tion or the Free Systems. No you want to rule everything. You want your name written in history books as the beginning of a dynasty. You want war. You want death of your enemies and even of your friends who belittled you as a stupid little thing so nice to look at when you pass through the halls of your fathers palace. You want them to bow. You want them to kneel. You want them to fear you and your power and you want them to despair." His voice was a whisper now as he came closer. "You want them to tremble when your name is spoken. You want everything!"

She raised her eyes and looked at him. "Yes! Yes, that is what I want. Do you share my dream? Will you ..."

"I don't." He said and saw her fight her feelings. "But I can guide you to all of this. Yet, I will never be used by you. You have no idea what power I possess, what power the Dark Side bestowed upon me. You cannot begin to imagine what power lies in the force. A power that you need to achieve what you seek. That is what you know? Don't you? That you need me."

"My father taught me the history of the galaxy is written by those who know the ways of the force!" She smiled at him. "They say you have truly mastered those ways, unlike even the Jedi did. I heard the whispers, the fear to even speak your name."

"What is my name?" He whispered and came so close he could kiss her. She was breathing heavy.

"Legion." She gasped. "Legion."

He nodded with a smile. "The Legion has it's own desire. We exist for only one purpose. Do you know our purpose?"

She shook her head. "No, but I give you anything. Whatever you desire shall be yours if you help me get what I want ..."

"I know, I know. We want the despair and fear of our enemy much like you. We will devour every soul of them and all those who stand in our way. We want our enemies to be wiped out of this galaxy and never rise again." He whispered now.

"Who? Who is your enemy?" She asked and her heart was pounding now in arousal and fear the same time.

"We want the end of the Jedi." He finally said and smiled at her.

"Then together we shall end them." She hissed. "Lend me your power and I will help you crush them!"

He smiled at her and leaned forward to her ear. He let her wait, wait a long moment that stretched into an eternity. Then he whispered one word.

"Good."

He stepped back and withdrew from her. She felt her legs weakening a bit. But her face showed a satisfied grin.

So it began ...

—-----------------

Star Wars
    Episode X
    The End of Harmony

—-----------------

Coming 2020

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What is there to find when all is gone and the world got drowned in a sea of leaves?

Redemption?

Damnation?

Hope or despair?

Darkness?

--------------

THE DARKENING
    A game of survival and redemption

---------------

Coming soon

11. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    It’s the year 2025 and we love We-Kare.

And We all agreed to this.

Neverending wars. Famine. Extreme levels of Poverty and Riots and Crimes.

So we agreed with Silicon Valley.

The app was named We-Kare. It was the first true artificial intelligence.

It said it could solve everything.

So we let it.

We agreed to this. We love We-Kare. We-Kare has made everything better.

All we had to do was give it complete control. It watches every aspect of our lives and let’s us know if we are doing the wrong thing.

It then corrects us. We love We-Kare.

Everyone is happy.

Join We-Kare. And you too can be corrected.

[​IMG]

Kurisan and Sith-I-5 like this.
  12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  13. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Aw hell yes, Reynar.

Less futuristic robots than you would think.

Think Eagle Eye meets 1984 with some slight human implant technology.

Put your iPhone in your brain and give Apple access to your every thought.

Kurisan and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    You haven’t done that yet?

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Somewhere nearby...
    Some time soon...

The desert stretched on forever, and the rider followed its track. The motorcycle he rode on, the engine that powered it, was the only sound for miles, save for the rattle of a snake here or the cawing of a crow there. The vultures watched from above as the rider and his machine rumbled past. Their stomachs were empty, as the bones of their past meals decorated the landscape alongside cacti and tumbleweeds. They followed the rider, for they knew wherever he roamed, death was close behind.

The rider wore a leather jacket on his body, and the primary design was patched on the back. It was the image of a gold dragon that snaked around the center of the jacket, and above the dragon was the word Samurai printed on a long patch that went from shoulder to shoulder. Below the dragon was another patch of another word: Wasteland.

The rider also carried two weapons on his person. The first was a dagger holstered on his right hip, and the second was a sword, holstered on his left. Both weapons were clean now and would reflect the sun’s harsh rays were they unsheathed, but they were not always this way. Many coats of blood had been wiped from their surfaces, and many more would be.

The rider’s hair was long and grey, and it was tied tightly into a bun behind his head. He wore sunglasses to protect eyes that had seen so much in their sixty-two years. His beard was long and braided down the length of his chest, and it whipped in the wind as he rode.

After some time had passed, the rider came upon a large tree that cast a larger shadow on the terrain. Beneath this tree, sheltered by the shade, sat a man with his legs crossed and his eyes closed, as still as a statue. He wore a jacket nearly identical to that of the rider’s, and a sword rested in the sand next to him. When the rider approached, the man opened his eyes, and bowed his upper body until his forehead touched his ankles in reverence.

“Shogun,” he said. His voice was coarse. He hadn’t had a drink in more than a day.

“Hezekiah,” the older man spoke. His voice was deep and commanded respect. In the Old World, his accent may have been considered southern, like a cowboy’s.

“I take it the vote is over,” said the seated man.

“It is.”

“Well?”

“Seppuku.”

The man closed his eyes and pursed his lips, his head hanging. “Shogun, I swear to you-“

“The club’s spoken, Hezekiah. Don’t make this any harder’n it needs to be.”

Tears flowed down the younger man’s face. His body had broken out in a cold sweat and began to tremble in the desert heat. Still he remained sitting in the sand, legs crossed. “You will be my second?” he asked, voice quivering.

“I will.”

“Thank you.” Hezekiah reached over with a shaky hand and grabbed his sword by the blade, slowly moved it in front of his body and faced the hilt outward so that the tip of the sword touched his stomach. His breathing intensified, and he was openly weeping now.

The man called Shogun slowly moved behind Hezekiah, his hand resting gently on the hilt of his sword.

With a loud, ferocious scream of anguish, Hezekiah plunged the sword into his own abdomen, and held it there for a few seconds as blood spilled out and his life began to leave him.

With blinding speed, Shogun’s sword hissed through the air and Hezekiah’s head fell from his shoulders, leaving a trail of blood as it toppled lifeless through the sand. The body fell from its seated position to the earth with a soft thud.

Shogun removed a piece of cloth that hung out the back pocket of his jeans and wiped the blood from his sword.

The vultures circled overhead.

——————————​

A muzzle flash

A motorcycle screeching

Smoke rising

A haze of color

Three mouths kissing

A tiger pacing

A boy in tears

A robot turning

Swords clashing

A Shogun screaming

——————————

Wasteland Samurai Motorcycle Club

——————————
    Next week...

16. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017

--
    [​IMG]
    --
    [​IMG]
    --
    [​IMG]
    --
    [​IMG]
    --
    FALLOUT
    Wasteland

--
    Late 2020-2021

17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    „You know these stories, where everybody just gets what he deserves? The villains get the bullet, the hero gets the girl and wins the respect of his people? The damsel in distress is saved the last seconds and falls into the arms of our hero with a sigh? Where people get redemption and justice? Well, this is not that kind of a story.“

[​IMG]
    „Everything has a price, you know? If you can pay in crypto, you are lucky. Most of the times they demand more than money. Souls, hopes, dreams. Some of us even have the rarest and most irredeemable of qualities, which of course is exceptional for trading it: Innocence.“

[​IMG]

„The technology is always available, even now. It is just not equally distributed.“

[​IMG]

C Y P H E R P U N K

coming soon

18. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    ---
    Arriving in the RPF during Holiday 2020
    ---

Requiem for the Knight
    ---
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Now accepting character applications
    ---

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Why though?

20. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Other projects got in the way, and I do not think there is enough interest around here for a Witcher game. I may be wrong though.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [face_batting]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Paradoxical Echoes is looking for players. :) We're running a skeleton crew (5 of us) and need some more players to beef up our story and direction.

Please PM me if interested. We're a Imperial-focused game (2 BBY) and about to dive into the Unknown Regions after a very long prologue that saw the ultimate direction of the game change to combine into the Intervention universe of games (Intervention & Echoes in Eternity, 2009 to 2016---combined). We're about to exit our port of repair (rather hastily at the moment), but could easily introduce a new Imperial character as meeting the commodore quickly during our hasty exit aboard the Star Destroyer (Darkest Night) from planet atmo. We're looking for the following characters as either Troopers, low ranking NCOs, or low-ranking officers:

Current players include:
    @Bravo
    @Mitth_Fisto
    @galactic-vagabond422
    @TheSilentInfluence
    @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  23. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    For millennia humans have dreamed of landing on the Moon. And at long last on a quite summer night in 1969 we did….

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------
    THE COLDEST WAR
    COMING SOON
    ----------------------------------------

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  24. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Edit: Nevermind, might use this for the challenge. [face_laugh]

@Shadowsun... [face_shhh]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020