main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.05-Chapter 5-Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Dec 4, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 13, 2019.
  1. 10

14.2%
  2. 9

23.0%
  3. 8

25.7%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

15.5%
  6. 5

4.7%
  7. 4

2.0%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I don't know who the caped crusader is at the end of the episode (I don''t think it's Fett) but I feel like Boba Fett is a given at some point, for two reasons:

1) They have intentionally left his fate ambiguous after Lucas and Legends had him survive in the old stories.

2) They flat-out admitted they were working on a Boba Fett movie and then decided to not pursue it in favor of this show.

I think a Fett story has been planned since the Disney acquisition and I think part of that story will ultimately be told on this show or at least his survival will be confirmed. I don't think The Mandalorian himself is Fett or has any ties to Fett although it is possible their paths have crossed since they are in the same profession. I get the impression that he is not at Fett's level of skill or fame yet but will ultimately be there by the end of the show's run.

Overall, I rank this episode as 4/5 with episodes 1,2, and 3 being higher.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I've never been a huge fan of Boba, but I love the idea of him being Mando's nemesis.

3. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I really enjoyed the Boba Fett cartoon from the Holiday special. Never really noticed him in the OT. I liked him in the Clone Wars, too. Cad Bane was cooler, but I'm not sure how well he'd translate to live action. I don't really care who it was in the end. I just want Fennec to be magically alive. I liked her better than Cara Dune. If they ever kill Baby Yoda I will tear DisneyWars apart with my bare hands. :p

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Had The Clone Wars continued as planned we'd of seen Boba Fett and Cad Bane team up and eventually have a show down.

KSennia likes this.
  5. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    That would have been so cool!!!

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Boba Fett also:

1. Is the only bounty hunter among the elite bounty hunters Vader hires that anticipates Han’s ingenious trash disposal move.

2. Talks back, with confidence, to Darth fricking Vader. He pushes his interests without regard for the fact that the guy he’s arguing with can choke him with a twist of his wrist. He seems not to fear him at all.

“Badass” does not have to be limited to “fighting skillz.” He’s clearly one of the cleverest bounty hunters out there, he doesn’t seem to fear Vader, he’s got an amazingly cool outfit (and ship), and he’s mysterious. The fandom around him is really, really easy to understand (even though I never personally obsessed about him - I was more of an IG-88 guy). :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  7. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015

doesn’t this vid kinda make it seem like there’s no plan for boba to return yet but maybe later?

8. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I guess we’ll find out in the next episode if it was at least Mando or not.

9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I made the opposite conclusion from that clip. His repeated use of the word “interesting” at the start was....... interesting! I’d say he looked “guilty as charged”.

jedi-soon and aewhistory like this.
  10. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Yeah, this sounds like classic Dave Filoni Dissembling. I'm not thrilled with this being Boba Fett but this is setting off alarms in my head.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  11. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Filoni's got over a decade's experience now in masterfully dodging questions while also teasing, so any time he says anything other than "yes" or "no" I am instantly suspicious.

Krueger and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I really don’t see how it’s Mando at the end - it would make the way the tag was shot utterly bizarre.

If we were meant to think it was Mando retrieving the body, he would have retrieved it before flying away from Tatooine. And they would have just showed him grab her.

Why go through the mystery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Well now I'm 100% convinced. He really wants to bring Boba back to the screen. Not saying he's even in this season but eventually he'll appear in some form or another (alive).

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They'd probably kill Temuera Morrison off again after a few episodes if not the same episode,lol.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    He may have just flown his ship towards Shand’s location (the shot does show him veering left soon after exiting the hangar). He’s never shown leaving the planet. So it could certainly be him.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Though I do like the idea of an outlaw dying disgracefully (to that end RoTJ was a good death for Boba), I like the conflict he could have with the Mando. A tribal Mandalorian vs a poser outlaw. Boba wants to kill the Mando and salvage his armor. Mando wants to end the story of the legendary Bounty Hunter who misrepresents his adopted heritage.

Hopeless likes this.
  18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I personally hope it isn't Fett as I have always thought that the sarlaac should be the end of him and really hated when the eu brought him back. That said, it won't be a dealbreaker for me as long as it is well written (and it would pretty much have to be Morrison or Logan in the role in my opinion...) but I will be disappointed.

I think this next episode is the only one aside from the first that we have had any spoilers for. Compared to the films, this crew has been pretty leak proof.

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Minor nitpick:
    The characters well trained in martial arts tend too often to be Asian. This stereotypical characterization is unnecessary. Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but I was already very puzzled with Chirrut (I mean come on! You cast an Asian and you make him a sort of shaolin monk?), now the second character who appears to use actual stylish moves in a combat is Fennec. I really hope it doesn't become a trend.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi @3sm1r. We're not going to get into this here. If you or anyone else wishes to discuss issues of race in regards to the show, limit it to the diversity thread. Please and thank you.

3sm1r likes this.
  21. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Only to see Temuera as a worn wardamaged Veteran Bounty Hunter i hope they will bring Boba back.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    Maybe, but that vid could just as easily be interpreted to mean that he is playing coy.

When she asks her questions and he gives a little smile and says, “interesting” it’s like he hiding something. He comes across as a dude trying to hide a birthday present from his kids but knowing that they guessed what’s in the wrapping.

But that’s just my $.02. I’ve been wrong before..... and continuously.

We’re talking about it, right? That’s why. Buzz, my friend.... the only thing more powerful than the force.

TheYodaPagoda and TadoFett like this.
  23. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    There’s a 0% chance that was our Mandalorian at the end. Feel free to ridicule me endlessly if that turns out to be the case but I have never been more confident about anything in my life. It’s obviously not someone who’s been introduced in the show so far or they would have just shown us who it was. I’d give it 75% Boba Fett, 15% some other person with Mandalorian armor, 10% her contact she was talking about/miscellaneous new threat, with the possibility that some of these categories overlap.

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I will take a bet of any value with anyone in here and proclaim that it's most definitely not our Mando.
    There is literally nothing to suggest that.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Dave was always the literal worst at saying something was not gonna happen when it obviously was. I think it would be better if he just flat out lied since then we might not be able to tell.

TadoFett likes this.