main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.05-Chapter 5-Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Dec 4, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 13, 2019.
  1. 10

14.2%
  2. 9

23.0%
  3. 8

25.7%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

15.5%
  6. 5

4.7%
  7. 4

2.0%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm guessing the pit droids will find the multiple pieces of credits that spilled out of Peli's hands. Imagine her reaction at the card table when something other than ship parts are wagered.

my kind of scum likes this.
  2. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I have said all along that it would be borderline ridiculous if they don't at least mention Fett on the show in some capacity. Especially since they're in the Outer Rim, Tatooine, etc., and there's a guy with an extremely similar set of armor, and a bounty hunter, running around. Boba doesn't have to be on the show necessarily, but since it's just five years after ROTJ, it makes sense that they'll at least name drop him at some point.

As for the person at the end of this episode, it certainly doesn't have to be Fett. However, it is some hardcore trolling if they used those sound effects, the same as from Empire, and it turns out to be someone else. It would be kind of funny if they don't even address that again this season, and leave everyone wondering who it was until next year.

3. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Still wonder if this is canon or not.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We know that at least in 2014 they considered them canon this could have changed

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    YES! What is their status? We had some other loose ends from the Clone Wars wrapped up in books or comics. But nothing covering Boba Fett. I think Disney sees money in Boba Fett so wanted to save any more story telling for movies or TV where the profits are.

I'm hoping we get the episodes some day. It looks like Boba Fett would have seen a full character arc in The Clone Wars. By his last appearance his life and costume would clearly line up with who he is in the OT.

RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  6. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I would’ve agreed with you 100% if I didn’t see the lightened up screenshots, wherein the person’s boots look exactly like Mando’s. So there is visual support for the theory that it’s him returning. That said, it could certainly be someone else with very similar footwear! And the staticky sound reminds me a lot of Boba...

ETA: To clarify for everyone, the “spur” sound effects are used for the Mando as well as Boba, so we can’t use that as good evidence of it being Boba. But the staticky tracking sound is straight from Boba on the Slave I, if I remember correctly.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    His playing the role was announced so late in production I expected it. It's like Bardely Cooper or Vin Diesel in Guardians of the Galaxy. It also explains a bit about the cast's interaction during public events.

And brought back for A New Hope.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe it's Ambu Fett. He has to show up eventually! :p

Avnar and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Forgot to add something about this episode - How cool was the music when The Mandalorian first heads out into the Mos Eisley streets! My favorite so far.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The real Ambu Fett is the friends we made along the way.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You really make it hard sometimes not to permaban you. :p

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    You mean permalove right?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    What's the point? He's like a Terminator- He'll be back! [face_skull]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, this all makes a lot of sense. When Pascal was cast, I remember thinking to myself that it seemed like they had been filming a long time without an lead actors (or, at least, announced lead actors).

So how about that. John Wayne's grandson is The Mandalorian, from a certain-point-of-view.

18. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Am I the only one totally out on the show at this point? Five episodes in and there is no direction, no real story, no character development, and really nothing to keep me interested.

19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Show may just not be for you, which is shame if you were looking forward to it. Don’t worry Kenobi and more TCW are on the way!

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And the Cassian show. :)

21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Seeing the Mandalorian on the speeder bike reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite docs.
    From 4:00 to 5:34
    I wouldn't mind a video game where you ride a speeder bike all over Tatooine. Just cruising and jumping dunes. I guess the downside would be having to periodically stop and negotiate with Tuskens in order to peacefully pass through. Maybe it could be a tie-in to the Obi-Wan series. Sort of like Long Way Round, but on Tatooine.
    In a way, it would be like the sailing segments of The Wind Waker...... but fun. You ride from town to town, taking on jobs to pay for repairs, upgrades, fuel, food, lodging, new maps, etc. If you don't negotiate with the Tuskens for passage, you'll encounter booby traps that could wreck your bike. But, I guess Obi-Wan could just use Jedi mind tricks to tell the Tuskens to let him through.
    Or, just have it be a speeder/swoop bike simulator for hours of fun riding.

22. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Watched the episode again now. It's not our Mando at the end. The boot is lighter in color and goes up higher. Mando has those rounds below his knee, and I think his lower pant leg/leather/whatever covers his boot. The spur sound is higher and more distinct, and that tracking sound slightly reminds me of the one Han uses to find Luke in TESB. Also, when he flies off he turns to the left yes, but then slightly turns right before it changes to the mystery person.

23. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019

I've always thought there needed to be a Forza-esque game with Swoop and Pod racing sectors, that you can modify and what not.

Siphonophore and my kind of scum like this.
  24. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I am still enjoying it, but I do agree in that I thought it would be much more of a flowing story like GOT and the like, instead of kind of the kind of "Kung Fu Meets the Rifleman" style its been. My only real gripe is with a few of the guest appearances...IMO they either need to be small parts or they need to make them unrecognizable like Horatio Sanz in the first episode.

That said, oddly enough this was probably my least favorite episode, even though I absolutely loved that we were finally back in Mos Eisley, spending time in the Cantina (now welcoming droids??) and the bit with the Tuscan Raiders. It's probably due to my own overblown expectations, but I just expected a few of these new characters to be around longer than 5 minutes -- it just feels like the larger story didn't really get serviced by this episode. Still about an 8 for me, whereas the others have been 10's.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think there’s a bit of fan divide between people who think all SW content must service a larger story, and those who like breathers from the larger story from time to time. I like the breathers.