main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 1.05-Chapter 5-Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Master Scorpio , Dec 4, 2019.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Dec 13, 2019.
  1. 10

14.2%
  2. 9

23.0%
  3. 8

25.7%
  4. 7

13.5%
  5. 6

15.5%
  6. 5

4.7%
  7. 4

2.0%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Fett’s been a trigger happy raging moron in the new canon (early issues of Marvel Star Wars) and Mando is more in line with EU depictions of Fett, so I don’t really see this happening.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Which I hate I like some character for my characters

3. Justus_Cade

Justus_Cade Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Would be entertaining if the Mandalorians see Fett as a pretender and more of a joke. Which just happens to coincide with my thoughts on Boba.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  4. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Agreed. You don't become the most feared and respected bounty hunter in the galaxy by shooting everything in sight. It seems out of character for him.

RetropME likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t believe you.

RetropME and Alien Vanguard like this.
  6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The most confusing thing about the "it's possible it's the Mando" arguments is that it doesn't explain why Filoni would film the ending as a cliffhanger where the identity of the character is obscured.

So the way it's filmed suggests to me no possibility at all this is Mando.

LedReader and DarthFixxxer like this.
  7. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Oh yeah? Well...well...

You're a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins! :p

But yeah, you got me. We're all Lucasfilm crack addicts here, the figure could be Boss Nass on a diet and we'd all still tune in. Hey, I might've just had a moment of inspiration there...

Yousa no tinken yousa better dan da Gooooonganz?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The starship firing at the Razorcrest, at the opening of the Show, reminds me of a Z-95 Headhunter. :)

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Gideon I think is a stretch unless he was gonna hire her out to kill the Mando. Anyway, it sounded like the feet belonged to someone wearing cowboy spurs and wearing a duster or cape carrying a tracking fob. Any connection to an aged and back from the dead Boba Fett is very tenuous at best. Other perhaps more likely candidates could easily be Cad Bane or even Cobb Vanth. We also know Shand was expecting someone whom she was gonna meet up with at her rendezvous which she never made it too so perhaps that person went looking for her and the tracking fob belonged to that dead hunter with the dewback.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t think it’s likely to be Cobb Vanth because that guy’s just a local cop on Tatooine. How would he threaten Mando in the future? For that reason, I think Boba Fett is far more likely. Though the boots and cape are reminiscent of Cad Bane as well...

In any case, I’m very sure it won’t pay off until future seasons.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It is Boba Fett, now with new bounty hunters ongoing comic series coming that might reveal his survival. I could see Boosk his big brother and guardian pull him up after he crawls out. In the final cliffhanger scene og this season we will get a Boba Fett reveal. I bet him along with moff Gideon will be the main villains. Both imperial and bounty hunter villain.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Demsa Aztor likes this.
  14. FrogEater315

FrogEater315 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2020
    My favorite episode of Season 1. I know people hate it because of Toro, but I like this episode because I like seeing what Dave Filoni revealed about the fate of Tattooine after the Original Trilogy with droids now running Mos Eisley and stormtroopers heads on pikes, implying an attack against the Empire on Tatooine.

Also, I was just glad to go back to OG Tatooine and not a “fake Tatooine” like Jakku.

10/10