main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "Truth in a Whisper" Amanda/Sarek for DDC 2019

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 8, 2019.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I sure hope he goes riding with her

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

It was rainy as it so often is during the autumn, and Sarek and I had just finished a meeting at the Cultural Affairs Building, where we had been tasked to set up an interplanetary exhibit of high cultural points, complete with interactive holovids and examples of scientific and artistic accomplishments.

He told me to be careful and watch my step since the pedwalk was slippery. I smiled and thanked him for the reminder.

We agreed to meet the following Saturday evening at a popular Italian restaurant.

++++

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    rainy sure and Italian YUMMY

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, I got to read two updates for the price of one here, and let me say that I just adored Amanda's imaginings in the previous entry. Yep - she didn't have to read into that at all, it was all there as clear as day. Dear Amanda is falling as fast as she is falling hard. [face_love] [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_sigh]

Then, I loved the softness of entry seven - it was a small gesture, but the tenderness and concern just had me grinning a big stupid grin that still refuses to leave. It's a wonderful thing, watching their relationship grow in these bits and pieces. [face_love[

Keep up the fantastic work, my friend! =D= [:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Glynnis Riley was a well-meaning and effusive acquaintance of mine and she barged into a very pleasant evening that Sarek and I were having at a local restaurant. He took her gushing in stride and was not put off by it at all, insofar as we arranged to meet for a jazz concert and a picnic the following week end.

I told Sarek how pleased I was that the two of us had so many tastes in common and how wonderful it was to spend my leisure time with someone whom I could trust implicitly to speak truthfully (not flatteringly or condescendingly).

Sarek then answered that it was refreshing to socialize with someone of my poise and intelligence. I blushed.

As we parted that evening, to my utter delight and amazement, he gave me a brief kiss that tingled all the way to my toes. I did not pause to think but returned it with enthusiasm.

"I take it you did not object to that overture," He observed with wry amusement lighting his eyes.

"Oh, quite the reverse!" I beamed and floated into my duplex.

When he called me a couple days later to say he was going offworld for a conference, I said I would look forward to seeing him when he returned and then said in a rush before I could think twice: "I dreamed about you last night. It was a very sweet dream, indeed. We were enjoying a sunset on Saint Lucia."

"We will have to be sure to take a TransGlobal shuttle there when I return," he promised.

+++++++

"I dreamed of you last night" is one of the 100 Love You prompts, #7. :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Kahara likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    they sure are in love

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I remember Glynnis!! [face_laugh] [face_mischief] :p

If there was any doubt left in Amanda's mind whether or not Sarek was put off by her friend, then that has more than well been put to rest. What a sweet first kiss!! I loved the softness of the scene, and the promise of more to come! Much more, if vacationing in St. Lucia is any indication. Mm, beautiful! :*

What a gorgeous way to weave in the prompt, too! I love that she feels so open with him - and quite understandably smitten. [face_mischief] [face_love]

=D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Ashley heard that a significantly crucial diplomatic alliance was in the offing, as the rumor mill on the TransWeb said Sarek was going to make a very expedient marital match.

I was totally flummoxed. Would he agree? Did he have a choice? Had I misread his 'signals'? Or was I seeing what I wanted to see?

When he returned, he naturally commed me, but I initially held off from answering, absolutely confused and confounded!

++++
    [face_worried]
    ;)

Kahara likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she should be confused and confounded
    but have faith

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh no! :eek: [face_worried]

I can only understand why Amanda is confused and flumoxed. But I have to imagine that there's more to the story. Even so, I cant blame her for not wanting to speak to Sarek just yet. :( =((

Apparently some things never change over the years, not even the good ol' online rumor mill! :rolleyes: [face_waiting]

=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

I could not hold off: the uncertainty was killing me after a couple of days of being 'unavailable'. If there was something unpleasant to know, it would be best to get it over with and out into the open. Besides, what evidence did I have that the rumors were true in the first place? Didn't I owe it to Sarek (and myself, honestly) to get his side of the situation, good or bad? This last consideration was what ultimately tipped the balance, so I commed him and said: "I guess you were bewildered by my persistent unavailability; to be frank, I heard certain rumors about a potential diplomatic … alliance in the offing for you."

"Yes, Amanda," he replied, "There was such an offer made."

I felt ice form in the pit of my stomach, so I was surprised I was able to answer relatively calmly: "Are congratulations in order, then?"

"It was offered," he reiterated, "however, I declined."

The rush of relief I felt was intense, and it must have showed in my eyes, for his own took on a decidedly amused glint. "Need I elaborate as to the why?" was the quiet rejoinder.

I blushed. "It couldn't have anything to do with me, could it?" I asked, attempting a joking tone.

Sarek's answer was devoid of all teasing. "It has everything to do with you."

I beamed. "I am delighted to hear it."

We arranged to meet for dinner and dancing that weekend.

I commed Ashley as soon as Sarek and I disconnected and told her the happy news. She grinned. "Mandy, I know you're thrilled!"

"Oh, yes," I breathed, "More than I even expected to be."

+++++

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sarek sure knows how to tease her

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

We took a hot-air balloon ride; the panoramic view of sky and lake was a lovely backdrop as I talked enthusiastically about a projected trip in the summertime to Athens, Greece and Capri, Italy.

"It'll be a six-week cruise, and I just know that every historic spot will be worth every credit I saved up to go!"

I promised to send messages to him of the memorable events of the trip.
    During the time away, I did admittedly enjoy everything I saw and all the marvelous foods--especially the desserts!

I did send semi-daily messages to Sarek; yet and still, I found myself missing the actual ability to see him in person...
    I wondered fleetingly if that was just a "lady-thing" or something similar. Doubtless, it wasn't the same for him.
    ++++

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Europe for her and Sarek would have loved it too.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Includes "I Love You" 04. Over a cup of tea

~

Sarek and I were sharing a traditional-style British tea, complete with berry scones, finger sandwiches, and Earl Grey tea. I had ordered dill and cress sandwiches in lieu of the scones and found the crispy vegetables and cream cheese filling delicious!

"I admit I like these sandwiches, although they really are wafer-thin. You have to indulge in at least four to feel like you've eaten anything!" I exclaimed with a laugh.

"The scones are excellent. I can always depend on you for recommendations on where to experience exceptional dining."

I smiled. "I am always on the lookout for such things and am eager to pass them along to friends and family alike."

"Which category of acquaintanceship would you say I fall into?"

I blushed and answered, "Which one do you want to be in?" That sounded somewhat flirtatious, but as I asked the question, I realized I meant it sincerely.

He gazed into my eyes intently. "I have given that matter a considerable amount of thought lately, frankly. A striking coincidence that you should ask, if you believe in such things."

"Really? What brought that on?"

"I am about to embark on several crucial missions offworld in my official capacity, and I do not know how long each will take nor how long I will be away overall. The thought of being away from you for a protracted length of time as well as an uncertain one is not something I look forward to. On the other hand, the alternative of having you with me, at my side in all that arises, is one dearly to be desired."

My stomach filled with butterflies. "Oh..." I breathed.

"Amanda, I would esteem it a great joy if you would consent to be my bondmate."

I could not believe my ears! "Are you saying what I think?"

He clasped my hands. "I have never found anyone as compassionate, vibrant, socially adept, and intelligent as you are. Yes, I am."

In the inimitable conciseness of Mara Jade, I could only say: "Yes, I will!"

"I came prepared in that happy event," Sarek said, and pulled out a velvet-lined box.

I laughed. "Of course you did, you darling!"

Within nestled a large diamond and emerald oval ring, which he slid on.

Then, we paid for our tea and exited the tea-room.

We drove to my conapt for dinner and to holo-call my family, and throughout the entire process, I was buoyantly happy.

At that point, I did not know what the journey ahead would bring, but I knew that I had found my heart's truest companion.

Fini

+++

:) [face_sigh]

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This has been such a beautiful, heartwarming story following our couple who started it all! Thank-you so much for sharing - every word was a warm delight to read. [face_love] [:D] =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    YES together a beautiful ending of their story

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you for following from beginning to end. @};- Amanda and Sarek did indeed start it all ;) and set a lovely pattern to follow.

Kahara likes this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I can't believe I actually forgot about this one!

And the implication that Amanda is into Star Wars! (Enough to know who Mara Jade is, no less.) I love it!

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I adore cross-fandom references and use them whenever I can [face_laugh]

Kahara likes this.