main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm starting to feel like the way many of us felt with TFA: that with all these TV spots coming out with new footage, I almost kind of feel like we're seeing too much of the film...at least from a NSA point of view! So, I decided to even stop watching the TV spots and clips etc. I can wait the three weeks or whatever until I finally see it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Cleo Jinn, TCF-1138 , Sarge and 4 others like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Agreed, I definitely watched the TFA trailer too many times. When I finally saw the movie, there were several times that I thought, hey, I remember this part from the trailer. That took me out of the story more than once.

3. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Possible red alert! I just watched a POV video covering the entirety of Rise of the Resistance, and
    I think there may be a huge hint about something coming in TRoS. (Better yet, it's something I've long suspected, but that still doesn't mean I want anyone to be spoiled.)

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Its feeling kinda spoilery out there lately, I'm subbed to the Star Wars youtube feed and new ads all the time although the one I see on TeeVee is basically the 1st one again and again so it's cool. And the internets are potentially wild with spoilers after the first cast and crew screening so I'll be parachuting into the non spoiler forum a lot now for the next few weeks.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    For me, it's either this forum, or that certain TV show that has everyone excited. I keep thinking the Star Wars YouTube is presenting these TV spots saying "youuuu wannntt thissss," but I'm just ignoring them.

6. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    I had intended to go into IX spoiler-free but I couldn’t resist. It requires a strength of will I’m not sure I possess, at least when it comes to SW. I’m going in knowing a hell of a lot, from news bits and trailers, teasers and TV spots. The only thing I refrained from being spoiled by are the leaks. I refuse to read them, I’d rather let the movie run its course. Anyway I’m sure the leaks are taken out of the context of the rest of the movie. No thank you.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    WARNING: The soundtrack and titles have been released. I’m avoiding and I would recommend y’all do the same. We don’t need another “Qui Gons noble end” moment lol.

8. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    One would think they'd learned their lesson back then, but maybe not.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Well clips of the film are apparently being released now, so I may have to start the social media blackout earlier than planned.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  10. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Yep, my buddy told me a very spoilery clip was released to the public today. I officially deleted Twitter, and will be staying off social media for the next week.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'm avoiding like 99% of the Internet now, as I don't trust people to shut up about spoilers.

12. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I'll be off Twitter in a couple days, if not earlier. The people I follow are pretty respectful, and I've muted a ton of accounts that like to discuss leaks and spoilers.
    I tried to alert folks that there's supposed to be some preview during Wednesday's episode of The Mandalorian, and I'm really not sure how we're supposed to avoid it, if we can at all.
    I was just thinking that I haven't seen any of the trailers since maybe the week after the third one was released. I'm happy to know what the movie will look like, a couple characters that we've been introduced to, and a couple planets we haven't visited yet. In one week's time, I'll have seen The Rise of Skywalker twice. As a lifetime Star Wars fan, of 44 years of age, this is a pretty big moment. The End of a Saga. No doubt that the 19th of December will be a day long remembered!

Darth Buzz and Grievousdude like this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There will probably be a way to instantly skip the TROS preview like there is for the "on the last" clip.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    For those who have missed it, the world premiere of the film is tonight. This might be the time to unplug your computers, throw your phones into a lake, and hide in your underground bunkers until your first screening.
    Best of luck, and may the Force be with you.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In my experience, there is no such thing as luck.

16. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Okay, well here we go-time to go dark! As we all know the Facebook clickbait articles have no qualms with including spoilers right there in the headline! Like the "What the death of so-and-so means for the future of the MCU," or the "The surprise Batman cameo we didn't expect in Suicide Squad!" and all that...Don't wanna see that crap.

So until I see TROS on Sunday, this NSA forum will be my refuge!

17. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah the NSA will be my refuge as well, I'll just have to hold in my discussion about The Mandalorian until after I get home on Thursday.

18. Sard_Oola

Jun 30, 2001
    When are the critics, premiere audience members, etc., allowed to start posting spoilers?

19. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I think perhaps by Wednesday? I'm going to hope we have the "sanitized review" tradition we've had in the past, but maybe I'll just wait until after I see it to find out what other people are thinking.

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    From what I remember the critic reviews of TFA were definitely spoiler free, and the reviews for Avengers Endgame were too earlier this year. I personally will be staying away from them though, because I want to have my own thoughts on the movie without any preconceived notions going in.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Kole, Sarge, DARTH_BELO and 1 other person like this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Last night there was a show about Star Wars hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, and I could've watched it but didn't. There's a big chance of seeing one of those TV spots, or seeing clips that we haven't seen before. Better safe than sorry, I say, those clips just reveal too much.

22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I have read the spoilers. I am seeing the film Friday.

23. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    As do I. I read reviews pre-viewing for TLJ, and I kind of wonder now if it swayed my impression...This time I'm resolved to keep with my willpower and go in clean. So far, all I've seen/heard is trailers and one "clip" that was released officially-which was awesome BTW!

Grievousdude and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    This is the worst part IMO; when people have actually seen the film, and spoilers are everywhere, but before we mere mortals get to see it.

But I shouldn't complain - less than 24 hours until my screening.

25. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I've watched the first two main trailers, seen the majority of the posters and that's it. Usually I'd be reading everything but since it's the final movie, going in rather blind.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    DARTH_BELO likes this.